FM 2011 improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Tweaks in the training, so you can work with players more(ie Marking, Tackling for DEF etc)

More realistic transfer market.

I want to see a use for your career earnings, maybe to learn new languages, or during close-season, go to countries yourself to scout, therefore getting knowledge about said country.

Free-Form Tactics. Rather than the static positions when making/modifying tactics, I would like a free-form editor, where you can put the player in the exact positions. Would make Shadow Striker more useful.

As for 3-D training, I dont know whether that would be worth it. After the novelty of it has worn off, you wouldnt want to sit through it every day. Although maybe the choice to watch training would be more worthwhile for everyone.

More variety on the transfer market.
In every game on patch 10.2 Man Utd sign Gary Cahill, and Chelsea sign Felipe

for me it has to be transfers. it's quite ridiculous the sums you have to play for certain players when they've not even got a cap for their nation.

a good thing would be when you do the stadium expansion you could choose what you wanted to add to the stadium and have like a 3d view and add stuff and take away stuff with the money you get.
And yeh, like on championship manager the set piece training you could do was good they should add that to the game.

What i'd love to see is
1. To be able to take any random youth player and make him world class, not every player on the team but 1 or 2 players on the youth or reserve teams (take keith andrews for example).
2. When a player is being brought on, you can tell him somthing???

oh ya I know kieth andrews isn't world class, but only 2 years he was in league 2 and is know starting for ireland (and proved he's quality against France) and is in the prem now!!

To those people suggesting you can become chairman, director of football etc you have to remember this is Football MANAGER. Personally I love the off the pitch stuff and havent a ****** clue about tactics but I would find it really stupid if for example I could buy my own football club or buy shares in a club.

This may sound strange, but revamp the whole PA, i mean the potential ability of a player should change with transfers, i.e if you are playing for bishop auckland unless you are a natural world class player, you are not going to have as much potential as if you are playing for say a championship club, i think there should be a value in the game that alters a players curent PA and that should be linked with overall average player ratings, team he is playing for, current reputation, and the training facilities and coaching attributes within the club he is playing for. get rid of this thing whereby people can go on the editor search for -9/-10 abilities, to instantly know who to sign at the start of the game. Make it so if you scour the leagues and find a youngster in a squad with decent attributes, you can actually develop him into a world class player with the right training and match practice etc. where as the current rigid structure means a player at 16 could have 10+ stats in all physical areas and have 7+ stats in the key attributes for is age and 10+ mental stats, using my theory you could sign this player and train him, and play him through u18's, reserves, and 1st team games and develop him into a great player. However lets say under the current system he has a PA of 130 and a current ability of say 80+ he looks like he could be a world class player but your traing, and management of him doesnt have any real baring on how good he will be as his potential is set in stone. the PA should remain hidden but should not be fixed. As in the real world there are players everyone says will be world class who just dont cut it in the end i mean look at bale for example, at the moment due to injury he hasnt took off like predicted, not saying he wont in future, but then you have others who were not really predicted to be that good that suddenly break into a team play out there skin and suddenly get recognised as real good prospects for the future, id like the new fm to have an element of this in the game.

Basically we all want it to be more like FIFA manager but without the **** gameplay and layout :)

What i'd love to see is
2. When a player is being brought on, you can tell him somthing???

You actually can on FM10, but only if you use the Touchline Instructions and make a Quick Substitution, you can actually tell him something as he comes on. Try it out ^^)

Or when you sub the player before confirming go to team talk and it will give you an option to say something but I think that is the same as the above post.

One realistic way to use the manager wages could be things like extra "coaching" badges or language training. Just like players can do PPM you could use your wages to earn ratings in goalkeeping, attacking etc. Wouldnt do anything but more of these would earn more respect from players, make them adhere to tactics etc.

Or you could pay to learn a language.

Few ideas i have myself..

Extra managerial decisions

Well, managerial decisions in FM hasn't really changed over the past few games, things like team lineups and transfers are the main things you decide upon as a manager.. But i would like to see more, if i'm perfectly honest. Real world managers have so much more to test their decision making. From things like holding Fan Events that you could do on Manager Mode on FIFA, to petty things like what music to play in the dressing room pre-game? Its just an idea.

Changing Kits

In the real world, kit deals usually last a season or two. National kit deals are longer.. But on FM, you occasionally get too the point, 20 years in the future, and you have the same ****** kit. Its repetitive and annoying. I'm not sure what licensing would be needed to make this in the game, but surely theres no harm in mixing up the away and third kit once and a while?

More board interaction and a new Owner interaction.

I love the fact that you can interact with your board of clients in FM, and it would be even better to see it be mixed with the Owner. Every real world manager gets the chance to talk to the owners about the club objectives, signings etc. And it would just make a nice little add on for the game.

More Press Conference Questions

Okay, i hardly ever do press conferences in FM. But when i do, i make sure answers are spot on and adapt to the teams current situation. I would love to have more than 3 questions a conference though? Possibly, more questions about the goals and team standing in the league would make the game better?

More Realistic Matches

Well, theres never an atmosphere when playing FM matches, i wouldn't expect there to be, but theres a few little things that could make a match so much better on Football Manager. I've thought of a few ideas of what could happen in a day to day game that would be really good for the whole game. Say if a player got sent off, half the time in real life, they would start a fight. So why not on FM? Fifa have more aggressive player reactions to cards and free kicks now, FM isn't any where near the graphical ability that FIFA has, but i'm sure a brawl or bust up in a match would be great for the gamer to watch?

Another idea for things that could happen in a match, came to me randomly. Perhaps more realistic injuries? Possibly a player getting stretchered off once in a while? Just a few ideas..

And a few other obvious things that everyone wants.. More camera angles, More national teams, more pitch conditions.. More staff that you can hire (Caretakers etc.)

An FM game, where Sports Interactive are concerned about us and research real football, and produce a game bugs free that you can actually play and enjoy, instead of this joke of players like Carragher who have scored 1 goal for Liverpool in last 10 years, scoring 6 goals against me in 3 games, or Obi Mikel who never scored for Chelsea,scoring a hat-trick of 35 yards in one match.

On Fifa10 they made the transfers ALOT more realistic,although i thought it was a good idea,it's frickin' annoying. But i think since this is a proper manager game,it should have more realistic transfers than a footy game!

I like flamindamon's idea about using your earnings for certain areas of the stadiums expansion/or a new stadium. Let's say you spend 1 million of your earnings for some high end suites (extra cash income for team) or 500,000 for certain color stadium.

I also like 4-4-2's changing kits idea. However when you change kits, you should have to request it, and random ones would be generated but you should have some input, like an option "keep current squad colors" or "3rd jersey color change" where you pick the new color and a new scheme is generated.

I would also like to see team meetings, they would be like half time team talks except you could have one at any time (sort of like how you can request a player to hold a team meeting).

I know this is dreaming, but how about an option to have the 3d match view in the background with your players having a scrimmage or kicking the ball around? You could be looking for new transfers or reading your mail, and see your star striker put one away.

whats the point of being a chairman

they should make levels like easy all clubs get loads of money normal clubs get a bit more then they have pro everything is spot on

and update every week

I think more communication with players would be alot better.
If you could pull a player to one side and have a one on one conversation with them to reassure them about certain situations. E.g. if they get the wrong idea from a press confrence or something. You could explain things from your point of view, as sometimes players feel they're going to get left out (when they actually arent) and when you play them they dont perform because of their morale..

I would deffo go for more realistic player reactions in 3D match engine when booked,sent off or injured.Also whether a team loses or has just won promotion or a cup they still trudge off the pitch as if they just finished a training session!! Going on from that what about including trophy presentations,after all that's what we play it for!!!

I think things like trophy presentations and changing how players leave the field would just be fluffy additions to the game.
If you wanna improve it properly you should think about how the game works in my opinion...

One thing i dont like is when my assistant manager goes to the press for me and the squad, fans and board react to what was said asif *I* said it.. thats abit daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.