FM 2011 improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think things like trophy presentations and changing how players leave the field would just be fluffy additions to the game.
If you wanna improve it properly you should think about how the game works in my opinion...

One thing i dont like is when my assistant manager goes to the press for me and the squad, fans and board react to what was said asif *I* said it.. thats abit daft.

I don't think it would be that hard, I mean sports games on the old NES had celebrations.

when you go to the tactics screen id like it if instead of just seeing the circles when choosing your starting 11 i think it would be better if it showed the player faces like fifa manager

I think the Stadium Expansion idea was good - It was in a Fifa Manager once, where you got a 3D model of the stadium and you could choose what to upgrade and where you want your fans to sit.

Completely revamp the press conference. Same questions all the time bore me.
The training section needs a facelift it has hardly changed for a few releases.

Whoever said the Chairman thing, no. It gets said every year and it's pointless. It's called Football Manager, not Football Chairman. It's not going to improve the game and will take up a lot of space in the game memory and could possibly make it run slower, there is just to many negatives rather than positives with this idea.

The thing about the player faces aswell on the tactics screen, that can't always been done due to licences for players etc, Fifa has quite a lot of them compared to SI, and it wouldn't help SI to have to buy all the licences, plus having to buy the whole Germany squad licence aswell.

I like the idea of different press conferences. It would be good if you could download packs of questions like you would with player facepacks, I'd actually want to do press conferences then.

Also like someone previously said, think it was FourFourTwo, there needs to be more interaction between the owner and you etc, all you can do is make requests, you can't ask him what he thinks about the clubs future, how much he recommends you spend in the next window regardless of the budget you get so it helps some of the newer people to the game, and you could disable this sort of thing if you wanted.

Can't think of anything else at the moment but 1 or 2 good ideas going around, some bad one's though aswell.

I would really like it if they put into a place the possibility of playing in a club with a director of football that managed transfers, so that buying players would involve interaction with members of the board.

You would say, "I need a AMR" and they would come up with some that are gettable. I know it woould kind of suck, but its the way it happens in a lot of clubs.

Also talking to board about specific players, so that they may give you more money to get, say, Kaka...

Great game though

The thing about the player faces aswell on the tactics screen, that can't always been done due to licences for players etc, Fifa has quite a lot of them compared to SI, and it wouldn't help SI to have to buy all the licences, plus having to buy the whole Germany squad licence aswell.

You think someone could make a skin where it can be done?

Transfers need to be reworked IMO.

I'm Brentford, picked up former Liverpool mn Godwin Antwi on a free. He had a great season for us and Newcastle (who just got promoted to the prem) are interested. I offer him to them for 1.7M and they accept haha. Now the lad is in the Prem and he's rather awful (his stats really are dreadful). This is just one example of the flawed transfer system.

Yes you should be able to buy shares in another football team or your own later on in your career - you could eventually be a director ----> chairman -----> Complete owner.

i thought about this since fm09 so i really want this to happen

Make Rugby Manager, instead of Football Manager

I would like more realistic transfers, and having a private chat with your players and also 3d training.

Or when you sub the player before confirming go to team talk and it will give you an option to say something but I think that is the same as the above post.

You can already if you sub through the shout menu. It would be good to have it in the tactic screen, though.

I was to say what Raffazza said. Though you could just let the staff tell your recommendation and go for them, it's not exactly the same as being say a spanish team manager, who's just the coach that puts to play the players the technical director chose. Though I don't count it as a great thing. It would be to have the assistant manager choose the signing policy for you option.

Then perhaps an interaction with assistant manager where you can suggest him a kind of style in some of his tasks.

In training I would like the style of FM05: instead of sliders with each kind of training, a weekly schedule with exercises to choose for each time frame.

I know this is dreaming, but how about an option to have the 3d match view in the background with your players having a scrimmage or kicking the ball around? You could be looking for new transfers or reading your mail, and see your star striker put one away.

I love this idea, like the sort of things Sky Sports do? You watch them talk about football, and watch your team train in the background. Brilliant. :wub:

Now, i'm no games developer, but surely a moving background wouldn't be that hard?

More options to raise morale than just "Praise performances". such as publicly backing out of form players, squad team building activities, squad training trips etc.

It needs much more work on the Transfer market too. Directors of Football should have real roles, where at the start of the season they draw up targets, ask you for your own, and preference for any potential signing, then they go away and try and do the deal.

Training should go back to specific routines instead of generic "attacking", "technical", with a large selection of drills from FIFA recognised coaches. like: Morning, 1 Hour warm-up, 2 hour Cross country, 1 Hour rest etc. Throw in improved Player feedback from training, if they think they are struggling or not focused fully on their preferred skills.

and maybe player stats going higher, to 30 instead of 20. it'd be easier to distinguish truly gifted players from just good ones.

Transfers need to be reworked IMO.

I'm Brentford, picked up former Liverpool mn Godwin Antwi on a free. He had a great season for us and Newcastle (who just got promoted to the prem) are interested. I offer him to them for 1.7M and they accept haha. Now the lad is in the Prem and he's rather awful (his stats really are dreadful). This is just one example of the flawed transfer system.

My first season with QPR, i offered Buzsaky to clubs for over 5M and they all came in with offers, even though he was worth hardly a million.

You should have an option to have offspring, so when you turn 70 odd, your 30 year old son can take charge, and you can retire! ;) and then you just carry on playing but with the younger version! suppose that would only be useful if you played to like 2100 or so...

.. but no, I dont really have any serious suggestions apart from maybe what Chris said about loaning a player back would be helpful.

Some people are against adding chairman options etc due to added in game data , so how about add on packs that you could buy to support the main game ?
Chairman , Assistant manager ,scout , even an agent !!!
Sure these would not be as entertaining as being the manager but it could help you get used to the ins and outs of the game if a newbie going assistant first , and could be a bit fun aswell .
Also I like the idea of being the chairman in a seperate add on type game , buying players doing the media side , stadium expansion ,tapping up managers and ofcource annoying the FA .

the media and press conferences need sorting out, either make them varied and have an imopact on the game or just remove them all together, the state they are in on 09 an 10 I'd rarther do with out.

Status
Not open for further replies.