FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
impossible

currently managing west brom in the first season and no matter what tactic i try, nothing works. i draw with arsenal away and i think "yea its finally working" then get humped by blackpool at home 3-0. It just seems impossible to manage a club where u ain't got rooney or messi or a whad of cash, if anyone can help me out and point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated

currently managing west brom in the first season and no matter what tactic i try, nothing works. i draw with arsenal away and i think "yea its finally working" then get humped by blackpool at home 3-0. It just seems impossible to manage a club where u ain't got rooney or messi or a whad of cash, if anyone can help me out and point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated

not sure, i always make my own tactics but i usually end up more than not with a 4-4-2. i always have a ball winning midfielder and a playmaker in the middle of the park. current save with west ham in my 3rd season i managed the signing of the game with pastore after coming 5th last season and currently 2nd after 4 wins from 5 games. i came 10th first season it does take time with trying to tweek tactics but basically try and find something thats not bad that you can let your players get used to.

I'm Blackpool (1st Season) League Position: 20th :/
Won 1, Lost 16, Drawn 0. Need some tips, and i've got Wolves and Wigan next :P

Approaching my third season as Atletico Madrid, where I have been able to capture third spot two seasons in a row and now looking to go further in the UEFA Champions League, as well as capture domestic success. I almost finished ahead of F.C. Barcelona, but their win on the final day put that out of reach. But however, with that, I have been able to improve the squad and to find some positives in the last two seasons. The signing of Javi Martinez from Athletic Bilbao for £14million and Andre from Dynamo Kyiv for £4.7million has bolstered the midfield and attack. Add with Jose Angel and Carles Planas to maintain a high Spanish domestic player bias at the club.

Looking to capture third place once again, but make it further than the quarter finals of the UEFA Champions League. Knocked out by Arsenal over the two legs but I pleased the board, so it wasn't all doom and gloom. Maybe the capture of the Copa del Rey, despite the board not ranking it a high competition, would help things - especially financially.

Arsenal in 17/18

Formation: 4-1-4-1

Gk: Joe hart / Maxime Tison (R)
DL: Clichy / Romario
DC: Yasin Wagener (R) / Thomas Vermalen
DC: Numba Chisna (R) / Kosienly or G.Cahill
DR: Cesar Aplizuleta / Maits Scholleto or Romario
MC: Cese and Rodwell ( attacking/defensive) / Ramsey, Andresollo Erba (R)
AML: Neymar / Alexy Andreev (R) or Nasri
AMC: Javie Pastore / Jack Wilshere
AMC:Glif Sigoresson / Cese Fabs
AMR: Walcott / Maitis Scholleto, Josh Fisher (R)
STC: Yaya Sanogo / Jose Cuello (R)

Overall: Yaya match up Ronney (33 years olds and still score a record 50) for the Golden boot, and demoralized anyone in the Emirates. but despite Wining the Fa cup 4 straights, CL and Carling Cup, i failed to secure 1st place in the EPL for the past 3 seasons. by december, im lying at 5th, and in May, i find my self second, but a little to late.

i sold Walcott for 20m pounds to man city,
nasri, 11m , to Inter,
Clichy, 1.4m, to Everton
Kos, 1.6m, to Villa.

rebuilt the Emirates to 68861 seats, and rebuilt the squad with 4 star regens. im planing to let RVp, cese and Vermallean retire from arsenal within 2-3 years.

Season 17/18. a real rollercaster ride for the past 3 years. last time i won epl was in 14/15
View attachment 174221

Last edited:
5th season with Sporting CP;

No new signings this season, couple of young regens I brought in last season are shining through though. Janota - 17 y/o got 11 goals in 11 first team appearances. Avila finished 3rd in player of the season - 22 goals this season and still only 21. Finished 2nd to Porto (AGAIN!) only because they are the only team I lost to in the league (twice) but dusted Benfica in to 2nd place by 12 points. Didn't get past the previous ECC qualification stage, lost out to Almeria in the 4th round of qualifying, 2 - 1 on agg. (they are unusually good) and failed in the Euro cup, losing out to Real Madrid and RC Lens. Lost in the BWin cup semi-final to Benfica. Currently in the final of the Taca de Portugal Vs Benfica (sick of them this season, record Vs them is 2 - 1 - 1). So once I've played this final it's on to the next season and hopefully, a place in the ECC group stages for the first time and my first Zon Sagres title in 6 years of management.

After my 6th season, I got offers from Liverpool and Valencia.. Decided to take Valencia. Finished 5th in my first season after they had been struggling in mid-table. 2nd season I thought I'd go for a title challenge and was doing alright, not too good. Was 7th, only 3 points behind the top 3 with a superior goal difference and came to play Barcelona. Half of my team were out injured and hads to play some reserves. Lost 3 - 0 and the board just suddenly sacked me :( was top of my Europa League group, above Liverpool funnily enough and steaming along in that, harsh decision I think. Anyway, looking for another Top Division club, HSV approached me and just played my first game for the club near the end of the season, a 1 - 0 loss to Bayern Munich, outplayed them everywhere but my #1 keeper is out injured so my Backup let in a sloppy goal (he got MoM anyway) so I'll finish off this season and see where I can finish next season. But I'll forever hate Valencia for sacking me after 10 games in the second season.

west brom season

just finished my first season with west brom, had a few probs at first tryin to get my tactics right. bought a couple of young stars and got a couple of my youth guys through as well. Finished the season 7th and to top it off i got a place in europe too. not too bad, just gotta build for the new season

I've just completed my 3rd season with Preston North End. At the first season, I did not have much money but managed to steer the club to a respectable mid-table finish. The second season wasn't that different as well.

However, third season I managed to sign many good players on a free transfer. Worked out like a charm and after a dodgy start, the team strung on some fine form and finished in the play-offs. However, my team got hammered by Bristol City in the play-offs <)

2010/11 - 15th
View attachment 174913

2011/12 - 13th
View attachment 174914

2012/13 - 5th
View attachment 174915

just got my palace side promoted to prem...havent bought many players, and those i have, ive got free or for modest fees...thats cos i wanted to bring my youngsters along and eventually be 1st teamers...can i still do this in the prem, or is it a recipe for a quick relegation?

just got my palace side promoted to prem...havent bought many players, and those i have, ive got free or for modest fees...thats cos i wanted to bring my youngsters along and eventually be 1st teamers...can i still do this in the prem, or is it a recipe for a quick relegation?
Keep doing whatever you believe in mate, but I do suggest bringing in some experienced heads on frees just to steady the ship abit

Keep doing whatever you believe in mate, but I do suggest bringing in some experienced heads on frees just to steady the ship abit

thanks mate...i like to look for young (preferably english) players that i can bring on...the only player ive bought so far with prem experience is steve gohouri from wigan...maybe a couple of older loanees wudnt go amiss?...last season, i got sergio matabuena (32) from sp gijon and salomon olembe (30) on a free...bar a couple of older players, who havent prem experience, thats about it..

Last edited:
Just finished the 2017/18 Season with Spurs, and after winning the league the last 4 years I finished 5th. I had a bad start to the season but finished pretty strong. I made it through to Champions League quarter final after beating Real Madrid 2-1 on aggregate, but then came up against Man U who I have only beat twice in 19 attempts, and lost again. Then I was in charge of England for the 2018 World Cup. I qualified in my group with a game to spare. Then faced Portugal in the 2nd round who I wasn't confident of beating. We were 3-0 up at halftime and looking very comfortable. Then halfway through the 2nd half Portugal scored 2 in 3 mins, but luckily we held on to win. Next we got drawn against ****** Spain! I'd only played them once before and got a lucky 1-1 draw. We conceded very early on but played pretty well, testing their keeper quite a few times and hitting the woodwork 3 times. As the game went on I decided to go for it and in the 80th minute we got caught on the counter-attack and ended up losing 2-0.

I've been given £55m to spend on strengthening Spurs. I picked up Pastore (now 30) for £18.5m and Babacar for £27m so am looking forward to seeing them in action. And have also signed 2 quality centrebacks for £2m and £3m as Dawson is looking a bit past it now and my regens haven't progressed as well as I'd hoped.

Looking forward to winning back the league title!

Last edited:
Just finished my first season as Athletico Madrid manager. We did a treble winning the Europa League, beating Manchester City in the final 1-0, Copa del Rey, 2-0 vs Valencia and the league with 2 games to spare. I ended the season wit only one loss, and that was against Inter Milan in the Super Cup, outscoring Barcelona by 3 goals in the league and beating their injury hit team 5-1 (no Messi, Villa, Iniesta, Pedro, Puyol, Pique or Xavi). I faced Palermo and Porto in Europe and beat them 5-3 and 4-1 on aggregate respectively.

I was given £50m to help challenge again and have spent £31m so far, Neymar £25m (with £7m in add-ons), Valcav Kadlec £4m over 48 months Brazilian regen Edu £1.2 and Oriel Romeu £925k coming in, I also sold Diego Costa to Valencia for £17m (with £5m in add-ons) and have generated £24m by loaning out other players.

Hoping to finally beat Real Madrid (drew both games with them in the league) and assaulting the Champions League but, retaining the league is my main goal this season.

In my Tottenham save I am in soon starting the 2018/19 season and have won the League 4 times in 2012,2013,2017 and 2018. I've won the Champions League twice in 2016 and 2018 and finished second in 2015. I've won the League cup 5 times in 2013,2015,2016,2017 and 2018. I've won the FA Cup in 2012,2013,2017 and 2018.

We currently have are the third richest club in the world with an estimated value of 650M with 40M debt and 100M in the Bank. I've done this by buying players then selling them for profits while keeping my best players with has led to my success. Also, I'm only spending 1.2M on wages each week despite while keeping my transfer allocation slide in the middle my Wage budget is 2.1M.

Happy Days :)

I'm in year 2015/16 with Blyth after taking a bit of a break from the game.

Sitting in 3rd in the Championship - has been my best LLM game to date yet! Best players are Javier Portillo, Joey Barton (my captain), Alejandro Dominguez and Kris Commons. I still have some of my players from our time in the non-leagues too - still regularly play Ismael Fofana and Pama, and Sam Walker is still my main GK.

Loads of injuries now though and only halfway through the season, so expecting a bit of a slide down the table, but at least we won't be relegated lol

Helsingborgs IF - Swedish Premier League season 2016
won all the SPLs since 2010, went to Champions League quarter finals twice and to Euro Cup semifinals twice
now finally having a good chance to compete against bigger teams, got quite a bunch of young regens that could lead the team to european success in the next couple of years
tactics used: 2010-2013 Brobs' 4-1-2-3 / 2014-half 2015 Koflok's Goals Galore v5 / half 2015-current Project Totaal Voetbal

In my third season as Arsenal trying to resist temptation to change from a youth based policy. I've ended up bringing in a few big names to fix obvious problems at the back and replace Fabregas who I could never get the best from frustratingly.

Won the league in the first two seasons with a bit of luck especially in 2010/11. Decided around Nov to adopt a near-enough all out attack to compensate for my shambles of a defence with my largely unchanged side (though I did bring in De Gea in Jan). Ended up overhauling an 11 point Spurs lead to win the league on goal diff on the last day. Was a bit like a better Blackpool with goals flying in both ends.

Managed to get to the Champions League final still with Fabianski in goal! Controlled the game against Chelsea and was coasting to a 1-0 win when Fabianski dropped the (nearly) last kick of the game at Drogba's feet and I lost out on pens. Gutted.

In my first full season with Roma, it's 2025, last year I took over and they were 10th, we finished 6th and won the Italian Cup. This season we are fighting in vain for the title, we are 2nd but 9 points behind Inter. I won't go until I have a Serie A title, I may just need Inter to have an off season, although we did beat them with 10 men this year.

3rd Season just started with Ipswich Town. Going well so far.

1st Season - Finished 4th in the championship and promoted via playoffs (beat Swansea 5-1 in the final - Febian Brandy Hat-trick!)
2nd Season - No success in any of the cups (semi final of F.A Cup) and was in bottom 3 until the 32nd game of the season despite having some good results (1-0 away at Tottenham/Chelsea). Managed to win the last 6 games on the bounce and finished 15th. Very pleased.
3rd Season - Only just started. Bought in some decent players and looking for top 10 finish (and a cup run would be nice!)

Also turned down Chelsea and Man City jobs (there's loyalty for you!)

Current team

Gk Martin Fulop
RB Ahmed Elmohamady
CB Gary Cahill
CB Jack Hobbs
LB Paul Robinson
CM Charlie Adam
CM Tom Cairney / Jermaine Jenas
AML Ismael Aissiatti
AMR Nicholas Anelka
SC Gary Hooper
SC Leigh Griffiths