FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
Further update. As the season went on I slipped to 10pts behind Man Utd, and even Liverpool took 2nd place from me. I'd pretty much given up on the league title, then went on a 7 game win streak, including a 4-0 win against Liverpool with 4 games to go. And Man Utd were also dropping points. Going into the last game I needed to win and hope Man Utd lost or drew, I won 3-1 and they drew 1-1 giving me the title by 1 point, and my 4th Premier League wins on the trott. I can't help thinking it's another Hollywood ending, but I'm not complaining this time.

Im about to start my 5th season with Aston Villa. I started as England manager and got offered the villa job in January 2012 so i decided to take it but stay on as England manager till after the european championships. I took over Villa when they were bottom and ended up finishing 15th in the league and winning the FA cup aswell. So far i have won the League cup 2 times, the FA cup 3 times, the Premier League 3 times consectively and i have just won the champions league beating Real Madrid 3-1 in the final

below is my Squad;-​

Steve Mandanda​

Ryan Bertrand Rafael Varane Phil Jones Gareth Bale​

Jack Wilshere Jack Rodwell Paulo Henrique​

Phillipe Klein(regen) Khouma Babacar Ashley Young​

Bench
Kasper Schmeichel
Yuri Zhirkov
Gary Cahill
Tom Cairney
Maurice Blondel(regen)
Willian
Andre Pierre-Gignac​

Last edited:
just finished my 34-th season with Redditch United: second place in English Premier League with equals points as the first team and winner of the Uefa Champions League for the third time in a row

1700 games and still going ;)

Last edited:
Well on my United save on the latest patch, we're into the third season and obviously, Capello has retired after the Euros. So I took over, first game was a 2-2 draw away at Latvia, we had to come back from 2-0 down - not a good start. Second International break, and with Bent injured, Carroll not on good form & Defoe not getting played, I decided to call up Fraizer Campbell who has 6 goals in 5 starts this season. Played him as a poacher up-front with Rooney, and he scored 2 goals in a 5-0 win over Azerbajan (sp?). Right now we're playing our second game of the break and we're 2-1 up at H/T with Fraizer getting both goals :)

Edit - The game finished 4-1. Campbell completed his hat-trick and Rooney got the other goal, 5 goals in 2 caps ^^)

Last edited:
Im currently 30 games into my first season with Celtic in the SPL. was 17 points clear of Dundee Utd, but just lost at home to Hibs, my first defeat in 17 games, so back to 14 points. Its tight.... just beat Hibs in the League Cup final, and then lose the next game at home to them?
Leagues all but wrapped up, League cup in the bag, and in the semis of the Scottish Cup against Hearts, Rangers have Aberdeen so 6th Old Firm game of the season on the horizon since I beat them in the League Cup semi. Made it to the 1st knockout stage in the Euro Cup, but lost to Besiktas as the ref sent off my entire team in the away leg.
Struggled to score early on so strengthened in January, brought bassong in on loan from Spurs and hes got 4 goals, also bought Bothroyd from cardiff and he started well. Also got Kadlec on loan from Man Utd, but he's not featured much. Dida was a bosman and has been a revelation, also got Mario Fernandes and Jano who are youngsters, but forced their way into the team. Walter Smith told me I wasn't a good manager and he didn't like me a day before I hammered him at Ibrox, so I've spent the rest of the season saying he should quit football and find alternative employment.....can't wait to do the same to McCoist next season.
Somehow though, I have only had ONE penalty all season.....VERY REALISTIC.
View attachment 172458
All in, good first season and gives me a head start with players for when I start a network game with my mate.

just finished my 34-th season with Redditch United: second place in English Premier League with equals points as the first team and winner of the Uefa Champions League for the third time in a row

34th season already, when was the last time you left the house?

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

are the regens any good? im into my 14th of a network game in 2010 and they are starting to dry up. theres the issue with the physical stats not being as good in the regens the later you go.

I'm in 2020, im Everton & doing quite well, won the premier league twice, FA cup three times (three times runners up also), English league cup once(twice runners up also), Charity shield three times(twice runners up also) & a European champions cup runner up in 2014. 2019 was a good year for me as i won the Premier league FA Cup & English league cup. But my team do seem to go on a bad run when i do win something the season before.

I'm Tottenham and England, in my 3rd season. I have won the Carling Cup, three times in a row, Premier League, twice, Champions League, twice, FA cup, once, european super cup, once, club world championships, once and communtiy shields, twice. i have signed javier hernandez, kaka, Edin Dzeko, Jeremy Toulalan, Alex Chamberlain, Felipe Melo, Gilberto Silva, Roque Santa Cruz, Hugo Almeida, (loan), Joe Mattock, Maxi Rodriguez, Andriy Shevchenko, Jorge Valdivia, Yaya Toure, Carlos Kameni, Celestino, (going to be four and a half star), Toni Kroos, Benedikt Breitbach, John Copper, Jack Mills, Christian Poulsen, Micah Evans, Hallam Hope and Carlos Edwards. I spent £103.25m, and have got £34m from selling players.

34th season already, when was the last time you left the house?

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

are the regens any good? im into my 14th of a network game in 2010 and they are starting to dry up. theres the issue with the physical stats not being as good in the regens the later you go.

well this is my only career since the game came out....my 35-th season was perfect....Redditch United won the World Club Championship, Carling Cup, Community Shield, European Super Cup, F.A. Cup, Premier League and for the 4-th time in a row Uefa Champions League...

the regens are very good but hard to find....just signed a new argentinian youngster touted as the next Walter Samuel(found him 2 seasons ago but he was only sixteen)unfortunatley my youth and training facilities are still average so i tend to loan players to clubs with better facilities until they are ready for the first team

Top of the B lue Sqaure Premiere with Crawly 2 months into my first season,hope to keep our good form going and enjoy a decent run in the F Cup and FA Trophy, main aim is to get into League 2 next season and long-term aim is to home produce players for the first team instead of buying em, and also getting our own stadium btw

In 2017 with my Independiente Rivadavia side. Have won the Prem division 4 times and won the Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana in 2016. Want to become a legend at the club before moving to Europe...

currently in my 7th season with charlton stuck in the championship but im going to stick with it untill i get sacked or untill i win the prem and a major cup in 1 season with them i want to take them to being the top club in england :)

I'm at the beginning of my 5th season with Manchester United.
After i lost the previous year's Premier League to Arsenal by one point, i beat them in Community Shield. I lost the last year's league but I have a "not losing series" from last year, it's been 48 official (28 league) matches. If I switched to Brobs17's tactic earlier, i most probably wouldn't lose the league.

View attachment 173066 View attachment 173067

I won the World Cup with Spain last year, then quit them. I'm planning to find another country to win another Cup. I'm thinking of finding a national job from one of my young players' nations who needs work permits, so they can play national and gain work permit easier.

About the Club,
Our value has been £768M (Loan Debt: £274M), second Richest Club.
Though our Loan Debt hasn't decreased since last year, it supposed to decrease £1.31M/per month, i wonder why.

My transfer budget for this season was £150M.
I sold van der Wiel (he was unhappy and didn't seem to change and was his last year of contract, so i wanted to win some money from him) for £6.5M to Arsenal. I sold Bebé (i waited for him to develop and sent him 4 years on loan but he didn't seem to improve at all, reached 24 years of age, so i decided to let him go) Deportivo for £6M. I also sold 3 players worth £9M, not worth mentioning names. And lastly, I relased Balotelli without compensation fee paid. He was also unhappy, and in his last year of contract. His attributes were dropping madly. I never got an offer for him even if i dropped the asking price to £10M. So i decided to get rid of his £8M annum wage.

Now my transfer budget is £167M.
I bought Kevin from R.Madrid for only £525K. I already have Nuri Sahin, Sergio Canales, Tom Cairney and Tom Huddlestone but i couldn't say no to a 22 years old future star. I bought two regens for £7M, they're quite good.

View attachment 173062View attachment 173060View attachment 173061

Fletcher and Vidic are getting older, i have couple of candidates, youngsters, to replace them, time will tell who'll that be. Promising one's are mostly bought one's, but I improved all of my facilities to maximum, while all of my coaches are 4.5-5 stars and I have a good training program, so I'm expecting to produce youngsters as good as one's i bought, then maybe we can become another Barcelona.

My full squad:
View attachment 173059

This is my progress in the EPL as Arsenal since the start of the game.
During the two seasons I won the Champions League, Europa League, and regional cups (carling, fa etc) a few times as well.

5th season with Sporting CP;

No new signings this season, couple of young regens I brought in last season are shining through though. Janota - 17 y/o got 11 goals in 11 first team appearances. Avila finished 3rd in player of the season - 22 goals this season and still only 21. Finished 2nd to Porto (AGAIN!) only because they are the only team I lost to in the league (twice) but dusted Benfica in to 2nd place by 12 points. Didn't get past the previous ECC qualification stage, lost out to Almeria in the 4th round of qualifying, 2 - 1 on agg. (they are unusually good) and failed in the Euro cup, losing out to Real Madrid and RC Lens. Lost in the BWin cup semi-final to Benfica. Currently in the final of the Taca de Portugal Vs Benfica (sick of them this season, record Vs them is 2 - 1 - 1). So once I've played this final it's on to the next season and hopefully, a place in the ECC group stages for the first time and my first Zon Sagres title in 6 years of management.

This is my first Fm and i decided to not update cause want to get use to the game

Start of 4th season with Dundee , got promoted by ONE point ahead of Morton then in second season came 11th and stay clear by 3 . The last seaon though has been my most successful , i won the league cup by beating Hearts away , Celtic away on pens, St.Johnstone and our rival Dundee United 6-5 on pens in the final! ") i finished 8th in league and things are looking good

p.s heres a challenge for someone , can anyone find a quality Right Back (current potential 3 stars)for less than 250k , ?

Last edited:
3months into my 3rd season with Lyon and im through to the knockout stage in the champions league and im 3 points clear at the top of ligue1.
Iv'e won the league in the previous 2 seasons and also won the champions league in my 2nd season. I beat barcelona 3-1 for a Lyon first champions league trophy.

Back