FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
hi there am a new user have always read these threads and enjoyed and thought i would finally publish my peterborough save file. me and a few mates had a challenge to be the first to get peterborough to the premiership
I did it in three seasons , got promoted first season from league 1, staved off relegation next season then went up through the play offs.
I will post up screenshots soon when i know how :S
just wondered what people thought of this

thanks

1st Season - Won the Ukraine league with shakhtar
2nd Season - Currently 3rd in the league but in the champions league semi-final :D

just finished my 3rd seasson with brighton, finished my first season in the premier league at 15th place, was a tough season as i lost my first 4 games, got to the semis of the carling cup though

in my 6th season, and somehow, i had to buy a 15 yr old regen with 4.5 stars for 22.5m pound. holyshit.!!!!!

I'm halfway through the 2016 season. Currently in 2nd place, 5pts behind Man U. I've only lost 2 games all season, the same as United, but I have drawn more. I'm on an unbeaten run of 11 games so hopefully will catch them up. The last game I lost was against United. A game that I deserved to win, then Rooney scored from 35/40 yards in the 93rd minute. Still, enjoying the challenge.

3rd season so far with Rotherham in league 1

got 8 points from first 4 games (compared to 0 points last season)

however lost my next 2 games, so i'm on 8 points from 6 games. Was hoping 4 a play off place this season after finishing 15th last, but now think that might be too ambitious. Hopefully i can still make the play offs, plenty of time left, but i'll settle for a top ten finish and build on that.

My recent signings are:

Stephen Darby, Jay Spearing, Dean Bouzanis all free from Liverpool
Joe McKee free from Villa after having him on loan for past 2 seasons
Peter Enkleman on free

Agreed terms with Rivaldo only for him to go to AS Cannes instead - Gutted!

Hey guys, It's my first time to post here but I felt like I got something to tell you

I Successfully finished my 2nd season with Chelsea so far, I always go with Chelsea in FM but this time was the best I changed the team entirely in my 1st season I sold nearly 3/4 of the team and I bought a lot of players I also changed the staff completely I kept only
Bruno Demichelis and Christophe Lollichon

Here is my Squad:

View attachment 168702

Here is my staff:

View attachment 168704

Here is the league table (Season 2):

View attachment 168703

Here is the EPL Player Statistics:

View attachment 168705

1st Season Achievements:

1- Community Shield (Winner)
2- English Premiere League (Winner)
3- European Champions Cup (Winner)
4- League Cup (Runner Up)

EPL was very hard to win in my first season I won it with only 3 points difference and I was very lucky winning the ECC because I faced Barcelona in the semi-final with Messi,Xavi and Puyol injured and I faced OM in the final as they took out Real Madrid

2nd Season Achievements:

1- European Super Cup (Winner)
2- Club World Cup Championship (Winner)
3- English Premiere League (Winner)
4- European Champions Cup (Winner by Penalties)
5- FA Cup (Runner Up)

EPL was pretty easy this time with Alberto Paloschi top goalscorer and 13 points difference, ECC was hard this time as I faced Barcelona in the semi final and Real Madrid in the final.

Thanks and sorry if it is too long

Mate fancy uploading your transfers. Looking good so far.

Sporting CP

Season 1;
Finished 3rd
Won Taca de Portugal
1st Knockout Round EC
Knocked out in the BWin Cup group stage

Season 2;
Finished 4th (2nd all season, 9 points behind Porto, ****** up at the end without a win in 6 games, won my last two to guarantee 4th)
Semi final loss in Taca de Portugal Vs Benfica; 6 - 0 Agg.
2nd Knockout Round of EC, Loss Vs Spartak Moscow 5 - 2 Agg.
Semi final loss in BWin Cup Vs Benfica; 2 - 0.

Season 3;
Brought in some excellent young talent, one being Juanpé, that is similar to Nuno André Coelho (won Portuguese player of the year and is wanted all over Europe) but has the ability to far outshine Nuno, and he's only 21! Strange thought that Nuno hasn't yet been called up for the Portuguese squad, even though Carrico has and I barely ever play him, in fact he's been out on loan to At. Madrid and Villareal have just signed him. Another being a RB, forget his name but with the right training, he can far outshine Pereira.

Hopefully this season, I can stay solid at the back, with Rui Patricio improving rapidly and push for an ECC spot. If I start like I did last season, 6/6 wins without conceding and keep up that tempo, I'm sure I can. Going to struggle with money though, was -£10m at the end of last season, but starting this season with even less funding, plus having bought Juanpé for £7m.. Just hope he can provide the goods and stay solid alongside Nuno.

FM11 is the first time I have actually played any part of the FM series. Have enjoyed it, and been reading these forums for quite some time. Thought I would post my game.

Decided to be West Ham in my first season (supporting them and all)

1st Season;
Finished 3rd
Won League Cup
Beat Spurs in both games! :D

Got in quite a few young players and got rid of the old to balance the team age wise...Relatively old squad. Steadied up the defence with the purchase of Ryan Shawcross (6m) and Roberto Carlos (free). And a striker which was Vaclav Kadlec.

2nd Season;
Finished 7th
Won Eurocup 2-0 win against Arsenal in the final.

Handed a massive 40Million budget

Roberto Carlos, retired...got Wayne Bridge in (loan), Sami Khedira, Micah Richards, Kevin Gamerio (sp?), Carlos Kameni. Also, a few other players for balance.

Team was starting to take shape and defence was very solid. With James Tomkins and Showcross pairing. Jack Collison and Mark Noble pairing in midfield was working very well for me. Goals were flowing and not shipping in too many either.

Youth was ok...Reserves were doing well.

Klaas Jan Huntellar was joing me in the Summer...More goals would come!

3rd Season; 1st
Won Fa Cup and League
Lost 3 games, drew 4 and won the remainder...(how do I put a screen print in?)

So in the 3rd season...My team was on fire, again handed a large transfer budget. Purchased Christian Erikson, Stephane Sessegnon, Diego Capel...Players in my existing team, contracts had not been re-discussed so left on free transfers...nobody wanted them! I had quite a lot of reserves that i decided needed to get out on loan, shipped them out...with views to buy.

Plenty of goals from the team (goal per game). Didn't really ship in too many goals, I think from memory under 20 for the whole season.

In the previous summer I had purchased Lukaku...Who was starting to find his feet in my team.

Huntelar
Gamerio
Kadlec
Lukaku

Was a very strong stike-force...with having the playmakers in the team also...definatley added quite a lot more goals.

Really enjoyed that season, squad were brilliant...and even won manager of the season, and was head hunted by Manchester City and Liverpool...But stuck with my loyalties and my beloved Irons!

4th Season;
Ongoing
Pre-season friendlies
Beat worthing 15-0 massive morale boost for the team!
Galatasary 4-1
Athletico Madrid 3-1

Couple of others too :D

Have a very strong side at the moment, but still a very large one...Need to get some players off the wage bill. Shipped a lot of un-wanted reserves off early with mutual terminations as nobody at all wanted them...!

My general style of play is if one players leaves, then we buy someone twice as better in that position...I have the likes of AC Milan interested in a lot of my players, but don't want to loose them. Erikson, Kadlec...This season could be very good...(if only i could say the same in real life!)

Andre Schurrle has come in for me too, as Diego Capel is out for 7 months...and been a good prospect and still very young. Darnel Situ has also come in in replace of Winston Reid and been fantastic so far, again very young and promising (21).

Have enjoyed playing the game...and unsure of where to go next, have applied for some overseas managers position, national squads but to no avail.

Here is hoping for back to back Premiership Titles!

Will try and post screenshots of the titles and so on, but unsure how to do it...Will take a look!

Screenshot is Alt + F9 - Then when posting on here, you simply go to add attachments, on the toolbar in the advanced post and find your images.

Very impressive though, winning the league with West Ham after just 3 seasons.

I'M having a crappy game right now, started a save a couple of weeks ago unemployed and got offered by Wolfsburg, media prediction was 9th and I finished 7th, probably one of my worst FM careers, left, went to Galatasaray and made them 5th, managed to signed the likes of Necid, Issiar Dia and other goodies, I left there after the season was over and went to Hertha Berlin, finished 11th in Bundesliga 2, worst season in my FM career, Cameroon offered me after I left Hertha and was really epic with them, but no cups X_X, played like, 30 games and won 26 of em, after 2 loses in a row I left there, surprisingly, PSV offered and went there, made them champs, cup runnerup, left after the season was over and now I'm at ManCity, doing not bad, like 15 wins in 20 games or something like that so far, I have a win ratio(Career) of 62%, not bad.

Last edited:
just had a 16 game unbeaten streak ended by Arsenal...... 6 - 0...... and it could have been worse, 2 goals disallowed

that was immediatelty after beating Chelsea 1-0 in league cup final.

I'm 4th in league with 7 games left, 6 points ahead of 5th and 12 points behind 3rd, so i guess i'm gonna finish 4th.

I've got FA cup 6th round replay away to man city coming up, europa league quarters vs Lille with semis probably being against athletico madrid if i get that far.

I'm very disappointed with my league performance but i'll be happy if i can get either of the 2 cups im still in, preferably the Europa as i'll be in the European Cup next season

My starting lineup in

Reina
Johnson Agger Sakho Coentrao
Kuyt Gerrard Lucas Suarez
Badeji
Lukaku

Wolves

Second season currently
3rd in the premiership
ive been getting some high score wins

heres a few
such as derby in the league
2m2i2ys.jpg

and my personal favourite man u away
qobs3k.jpg

still didnt believe it when it happened, absoloutely destroyed them and we were away

this was a personal achievement

So finished s season with Burnley, 3rd in the league, promoted via playoffs. I demolished Swansea in the finals, Jay Rodriguez was simply fantastic in second part of the season. So then I went to pre-seasom, bought Tom Cleverley and Jonny Howson, and then suddenly out of nowhere Dalglish resigned as Liverpool manager and they offered me a 4 year contract. As Liverpool fan I just could resist. There were Mata an Piatti signed before my arrival, and have to say, Piatti is goal machine. I am playing him as a poacher and he is absolutely fantastic. I also signed Scott Dann and Le Cattermole, beacuse I have decided to sign only UK&Ireland players. So far I am unbeatable, my defence didnt concede a goal:) Looking forward:)

in my 2nd season as Liverpool won the league and FA Cup, got to European Cup Final and was gutted to get beat by Real Madrid 2-1, especially since i beat them twice in the group stage.

I'm now at the halfway point of my 3rd season, top of the league clear by 1 point. Arsenal 2nd with game in hand and i play arsenal next.

I've bought Aguero for £39 million and he's been awful so far

Back