FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
I'm in october 2026 with FC Roskilde. My chairman just sold my 3 best players, and I'm having some trouble finding the best replacements, so I probably won't defend my league title this year. But what the ****, I've won it the last 7 seasons. I'll survive. But my computer is currently at the workshop, so I'll have to wait for a couple of days to play again.

In my first full season with Roma, it's 2025, last year I took over and they were 10th, we finished 6th and won the Italian Cup. This season we are fighting in vain for the title, we are 2nd but 9 points behind Inter. I won't go until I have a Serie A title, I may just need Inter to have an off season, although we did beat them with 10 men this year.

I'm managing Napoli in third season and i've had to rely on Inter having an off-season. They are currently 5th but have been pretty shocking so far - so have roma and ac too!

Weirdly enough my big rival has been palermo who hadn't lost at all this season (26 games in) and i beat them 2-0 to go 4 points clear. Its been a great season and i'm really enjoying it. My team is as follows:

------------Stekelenberg
------Gonzalo Rodriguez-Varane-Victor Ruiz
Zuniga--------------------------------Dossena
-------------De Jong-Hamsik
----------------Affelay
---------Cavani/Neymar-Lavezzi

Lavezzi is a god - scored almost a goal a game this season and has scored 25 in each season before. Its weird because his stats aren't amazing but maybe my tactics work perfectly for him.

First season with Cardiff just ended and we finished top of the table. :)
I started the game because I wanted to manage a club with zero transfer money and it was great fun picking up free players and loan deals.
I brought in..
Nicola Mingazinni
Líbero Parri
Andy Van Der Meyde
Quinton Fortune
Dedryck Boyata (loan)
Cory Evans (Loan)
Jay Emmanuel Thomas (Loan)
Kevin Phillips (150k after I sold on some dead weights)

Phillips made 9 starts, 8 as a sub and got 9 goals and 2 assists. Not bad for a 37 year old.
I played quite defensively for the entire season and looked for quick breaks with direct passing and it got the result I needed. I will need to strengthen the squad though, or next season in the premier league will be a struggle.
I hope they give me a few quid to spend. :)

Two straight promotions in Italy from Serie C2.

I'm struggling in Serie B, mid table out of 22 teams. Predicted to finish 20th, currently in 13th (with the right results I could be 9th in just one game)

I guess cruising through Serie C spoiled me. Getting to Serie B is much tougher than anticipated (Lazio and Atalanta among others) had to really tweak my tactics and approach to the game. Didn't have quality players so I had to sign as many italian speakers as I could to promote team unity. I couldn't waste time with 4-5 players who haven't adapted to Italy. Managed to pick up Crisetig and Campanharo on loan and both are doing just okay. Got a couple of brazilian regens with EU nationality coming in who are predicted to be good Serie A players.

Will probably end up selling them for around 1 million to afford a team that will get me to and keep me in Serie A

I didn't know where else to post this (Couldn't find transfers blog) I just bought Forlan for 70mil (a little expensive I know) I manage man u so I can afford it. hopefully I'll have a real high chance of both my strikers "Rooney, forlan" at least being close to highest amount of goals scored at the end of season :D. I also bought vidal for 13mil and so far he's been my strongest midfielder. I just played my 1st friendly of second season (Forlans 1st game) he scored 2 of my 5 goals woohoo ;). I bought a few others but cant for the life of me remember there names I'll update soon.

I'm halfway through the 2018/19 season with Spurs and have so far beat all the top teams, but annoyingly lost against Fulham and Sunderland, also Preston in the League Cup but I was trying out my youngsters. At the beginning of the season I signed Babacar for £27m and he's scored 21 goals in 17 league games, 31 in 24 overall. I also have a great regen whose scored 10 in 12 league games, and 16 in 17 overall (see screen shot). I also bought Willian a few years ago from Flamengo, but didn't realise he could only join this season. I've only played him in 5 games so far but he's scored 6 goals. On the downside I signed Pastore for £18.5m, but haven't had a decent performance out him so far.

I'm halfway through the 2018/19 season with Spurs and have so far beat all the top teams, but annoyingly lost against Fulham and Sunderland, also Preston in the League Cup but I was trying out my youngsters. At the beginning of the season I signed Babacar for £27m and he's scored 21 goals in 17 league games, 31 in 24 overall. I also have a great regen whose scored 10 in 12 league games, and 16 in 17 overall (see screen shot). I also bought Willian a few years ago from Flamengo, but didn't realise he could only join this season. I've only played him in 5 games so far but he's scored 6 goals. On the downside I signed Pastore for £18.5m, but haven't had a decent performance out him so far.

sounds good mate! never been fussed on pastore....
in my game i have been as loyal as a stray cat, i started off as ivory coast manager (i was there for a year and finished unbeaten in the ACNQ)
then i quit and moved to brazil (won the copa america) then i declared interest in the man city job (they were 10 games into the season and mancini was doing poor, they sacked him n i came in) i spent hundreds of millions, won the league fa cup and league cup, and after all that i quit with them....the sevilla manager went to man city and then i took his job lol, a bit of a step down but im getting some awesome players cheap or out of contract, like abidal, kolo toure, kalou, park, plus a bonus i got david silva on loan and sevilla still have navas, capel, otamendi and all the other good ones unless i sold them lol.....looking for the man utd job next, or barcelona, or madrid or wales + one of those clubs....

sounds good mate! never been fussed on pastore....
in my game i have been as loyal as a stray cat, i started off as ivory coast manager (i was there for a year and finished unbeaten in the ACNQ)
then i quit and moved to brazil (won the copa america) then i declared interest in the man city job (they were 10 games into the season and mancini was doing poor, they sacked him n i came in) i spent hundreds of millions, won the league fa cup and league cup, and after all that i quit with them....the sevilla manager went to man city and then i took his job lol, a bit of a step down but im getting some awesome players cheap or out of contract, like abidal, kolo toure, kalou, park, plus a bonus i got david silva on loan and sevilla still have navas, capel, otamendi and all the other good ones unless i sold them lol.....looking for the man utd job next, or barcelona, or madrid or wales + one of those clubs....

Ha good stuff. I was offered the Liverpool job after about 3 or 4 season, I kept my Spurs save and made a Liverpool save, so not totally loyal. I had a season at Liverpool but did not do too well, so went back to my Spurs save. I'm still to win the Champions League, if I do I will then probably look for a different challenge.

Right now playing for Aris Salonika, in Greece - first time to Greece since I started playinf FM (at the time it was still CM), did not know what to expect. As it sometimes happenes I steamrolled the first year, getting one single defeat the whole season - after securing the title.

I was a bit surprised at the fact that I've managed to win the league easily - since the squad is not that great and not too many funds for transfers were available.

Right now it is the pre season, as the Greek champion I am automaticaly seeded into Champions League groups, which should bring in some money. Aris is a trust fund run club, plus I am still paying off a debt, which ment that I only got about 300K Euros for transfers and practicaly no increase in the wage budget. Managed to sell a few players and replace them with youth from the club, plus two additions - Klaudrubsky from Sparta Prague and Kubik from AS Trencin.

Will see how the next season goes, but the most important this is for me to earn money from CL, so I can hopefully get some cash into the club and pay off the debt - right now at 875K. View attachment 176894

Fired by the Dutch FA after losing teh euro 2020 quaterfinals against Norway. feeling distraught

now applying for Spain, Italy, Ukraine, Sebria. hopefully ill be back as both club and nation manager.

Hey, this nothing really to do with this thread, however i was wondering if there was a "save game thread". i prefer to take on what other people have started. i know there was a 2010 one, i was wondering of someone get direct me to a fm2011 one? thanks in advance :) x

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

In regards to progress, i'm sheffield united and have just one promotion with heroic signing of mahtma otoo 25 goals in the league, and a hat trick against birmingham in the league cup despite still losing -.- i was wondering if someone could direct me to a save game thread so i can take over someones legacy:)

Was doing great at Benfica, building myself a really talented young bunch of players and was owning the league when this offer came about.

View attachment 177449
Josep Guardiola had chosen to become the manager for the Spanish national team so they offered me the contract and after a good bit of thinking I said yes. After I had said yes I signed my old staff and bought my biggest young prospects. Unfortunately i'm still stuck with all the ridiculously overpayed scouts at Barca and will try to get rid of them as good as I can.

Started at Wigan and for the first season, my main objective was to keep them up. Finished 16th, was quite happy about it and so was the board + Supporters. Second season, thought i would aim a bit higher. My ambition was to make Wigan break into the top ten. I started signing large names - Owen (free transfer), Beckham (210k) etc. Old I know, but thought they still had something to offer. Also brought in Celtics Scott Brown on a perm after having him on loan and also Rangers Steven Naismith. I beat Man Utd twice that season, 2-1 and 4-1 in the FA CUP. Finished 17th however, lower than last year I know and not what I was aiming for, but kept them up again!
(Blog up in section about this, follow you wanna!)

My contract was up however, and they didnt bother renewing it! 2 year deal was finished...

Now, i've got Millwall knocking at my door.
League One side sitting 22nd after 12 games, with 52k to spend and 50.9k wage budget
Do I take it? ;\

Started at Wigan and for the first season, my main objective was to keep them up. Finished 16th, was quite happy about it and so was the board + Supporters. Second season, thought i would aim a bit higher. My ambition was to make Wigan break into the top ten. I started signing large names - Owen (free transfer), Beckham (210k) etc. Old I know, but thought they still had something to offer. Also brought in Celtics Scott Brown on a perm after having him on loan and also Rangers Steven Naismith. I beat Man Utd twice that season, 2-1 and 4-1 in the FA CUP. Finished 17th however, lower than last year I know and not what I was aiming for, but kept them up again!
(Blog up in section about this, follow you wanna!)

My contract was up however, and they didnt bother renewing it! 2 year deal was finished...

Now, i've got Millwall knocking at my door.
League One side sitting 22nd after 12 games, with 52k to spend and 50.9k wage budget
Do I take it? ;\

I wouldn't take it- Look higher for a Championship Club, in a Playoff Push.

I was thinking that, but wasnt sure-..Think the name Millwall attracted me a bit.
I've rejected it, and then rejected Charlton also. (Also league 1 side in trouble)

I've just won the league with Spurs for the 5th time in 6 seasons. Also won the Europa Cup against Chelsea. My new signing Babacar was the leagues top scorer with 39 goals in 31 games, and 55 goals in 44 games in all competitions, and I broke the 100 mark for league goals in a season. And my regen scored 19 in 29 league games, 31 in 48 overall. My best season yet.

just got my palace side promoted to prem...havent bought many players, and those i have, ive got free or for modest fees...thats cos i wanted to bring my youngsters along and eventually be 1st teamers...can i still do this in the prem, or is it a recipe for a quick relegation?

Nice to see a fellow Palace fan (i assume? :) ) on here! started my Palace save and only signed Glenn Murray from The Weed. Beat Coventry 2-1 at home first game of the season.

Just started 2017 with my beloved Blyth :D

Finished our first season in the Prem in 8th, thanks mainly to Diego Forlan (he can barely move now, but did score 17 for us and was top scorer by a long way).

I'm really happy with our signings this year. I've signed some more veterans some of whom have lost their legs like Forlan, though all still full of skill.

So far I've signed Nemanja Vidic, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Yaya Toure and Robinho. Plus went a bit mad and signed a regen from Man Utd for £16m :O Apparently he's the next Huntelaar. Bit of a risk spending so much on an 18 year old, but hopefully he'll repay us in time.

We've a good youth squad too - as well as the next Huntelaar, we also have the next Franco Baresi, Fernando Torres, Raul, Joaquin, Darren Bent and Javier Mascherano.

As far as hopes for the season, I'm hoping we can build on last years success and maybe challenge for 6th (the top 5 are waaay ahead of everyone else in the division at the moment - Man U, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool and Spurs). Wish us luck!!

Love reading through people's careers so though I would drop off my own as I am very rarely on here!

[video=youtube;0NWVrybgUrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NWVrybgUrA&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Was doing great at Benfica, building myself a really talented young bunch of players and was owning the league when this offer came about.

Josep Guardiola had chosen to become the manager for the Spanish national team so they offered me the contract and after a good bit of thinking I said yes. After I had said yes I signed my old staff and bought my biggest young prospects. Unfortunately i'm still stuck with all the ridiculously overpayed scouts at Barca and will try to get rid of them as good as I can.

Ahhh I hate their entire staff, so overpaid and none of them are any good. When I first joined I was expecting amazing coaches, and they are all absolutely terrible. And £1.5m for mutual termination for a scout? grrr

Back