FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
I just lost my 40 hour save with Ajax (had a power cut, my PC turned off, and it corrupted my save). Very ****** over that, I was two games from winning the title. Anyway:

I started a new game unemployed, with the leagues in England, Italy, Spain and Ukraine running. I got job offers from Lincoln, Hereford and York. I chose York, as they had the highest transfer and wage budgets. My target was promotion, the FA Cup first round, and FA Trophy semi-final.

I made a few signings straight away. I got Ward from Portsmouth for £28k, Tozer on a season-long loan from Newcastle, Lynch on a season-long loan from Burnley, Aziz Deen-Conteh on a three month loan from Chelsea, Silvio Spann on a free transfer, and Julio Santa Cruz (Roque's brother) from Blackburn on a season-long loan.

I finished the season unbeaten, and got promoted. I won the FA Trophy, beating Braintree 4-1 in the final. But my season highlight was my FA Cup run:
4th Qual Rnd- 6-0 vs Hayes & Yeading
1st Rnd- 2-1 vs Crawley
2nd Rnd- 1-0 vs Walsall
3rd Rnd- 1-1 vs Leeds
3rd Rnd Replay- 2-2 vs Leeds, won 5-4 on pens
4th Rnd- spirited 0-1 loss to Man City

My signings did okay as well: Tozer, despite being a centre back, scored 16 goals over the season. Santa Cruz scored 18, and Spann scored 7 and got 14 asissts (earning the captaincy in the process). That meant in June 2011, when Santa Cruz's Blackburn contract expired, I got him on a free transfer, and got Tozer on another season long loan. I also signed Matt Gill on a free from Norwich.

I'll probably start my League Two season tomorrow. First match away to Bury. Should be good :)

Oh, and I've got Derby at home in the League Cup.

ill do a game with u?

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

right going to start a game with Huddersfield will give u updates

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

dont know how to do screenshots so will just do lots of uptades

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I will do them on post your succsess see u theerree

Wow, this has gone better than expected :-D

My first three L2 games with York: 2-1 vs Bury, 4-2 vs Yeovil and 1-0 vs Barnet. Currently two points clear at the top of the table.

The League Cup is even better. First round, I beat Derby 2-1 at home. Second round, I got Premier League new-boys Middlesbrough away. I won that on penalties after a 1-1 draw. I've been drawn against Preston in the third round, so hopefully that should be another win.

After winning everything for the past 2 seasons, I thought it was time to sell some of my key players and try to bring success to the club with my young stars.

View attachment 181979

Sanogo I sold mainly due to him scoring at least 1-2 goals per game, was fun for a season then just made it too easy. However, gutted that he has gone to ManC, can see him coming to haunt me this season. Pretty amazed at how much I sold them all though as my previous record was only 23mil.

Got a couple of other first team players going for over 20mil aswell so should leave me with a smallish squad, just hope I don't get many injures or else i'm screwed. Also got a new stadium built with a 75,000 capacity so it's time for a new era at Knowles Arena ;)

Wow, this has gone better than expected :-D

My first three L2 games with York: 2-1 vs Bury, 4-2 vs Yeovil and 1-0 vs Barnet. Currently two points clear at the top of the table.

The League Cup is even better. First round, I beat Derby 2-1 at home. Second round, I got Premier League new-boys Middlesbrough away. I won that on penalties after a 1-1 draw. I've been drawn against Preston in the third round, so hopefully that should be another win.

I took over York as well in my first season and got the promoted in successive seasons all the way to the Championship. Now struggling a bit in the league which was expected but i'm not yet in a relegation battle... yet.

Playing with barca -
as expected first 2 seasons resultes in 2 la ligas 1 spanish cup 1 champions league not bad considering the injury 2 valides in the second season pinto is worse than gomes on fm11 it seems,
3rd/4th seasons xavi is getting worse and puyol/abidal are are **** and i've lost la liga twice to real madrid who seem to be unbeatable both times only by 1 point too! won 1 more spanish cup and lost in the semis of the champions cup both years.

5th season im feeling lucky though :D

In the middle of my 3rd season at Inter. Got offered England job as well after Capello retired after Euro 2012. Recruited in Howedes, Criscito, M'Vila, Schweinsteiger, Sanchez, Hulk and Aguero during my time and just purchased a 30 year old transfer listed Kaka from Real for a poultry 3 and 1/2 million :D
Won 5 trophies in first season, Italian and European Supercups, Italian cup, Serie A and world club cup. Lost in Champions league semis 10-2 on aggregate to Barca :(
Second season won 4 trophies. Supercup again, Italian cup again and Serie A again but I acquired the champions league beating Shakhtar 3-0 in the final. (although it was an easy run for me, only big team I faced was arsenal whilst Shakhtar somehow beat Real, Barca and Chelsea in knockouts)
Third season after being offered England job currently won European Supercup and World club cup (lost italian supercup to napoli 2-0)
Massimo moratti is in love with me and has so far pretty much given me everything. bought san siro, brought in more staff, long term contacts, extra transfer money etc.
going very well so far, Waiting for a Real/Barca/Man United to come in for me for a bigger challenge

I have played as charlton and tottenham in the same game and both a went well.

With tottenham i had great success
premier league 2011,2012 fa cup 2011,2012 english league cup 2011,2012 champions league 2011 and ru 2012
club world championship 2011 european super cup 2011
and then retired to concentrate on charlton

i also had success with charlton winning league 1 an championship in consecutive seasons by 1 point each time also jp trophy 2011
but now struggling in premiership coming 15th in first season and after 10 games 18th in second

After a fantastic start to the season with Preston I got into a mid season slump where I was hardly winning anything. One of them was against Real Madrid at home in the champions League knockout stage. Needless to say I lost the match 3-0.
So eventually managed to get back into the winning streak just before winning the League cup 1-0 against Aston Villa (by a fluke goal! ;) ) and went over to Madrid for the 2nd leg with no hope at all. got a bit of a shock when my winger scored after 4min, and another before 10min... and we eventually won the match 6-1!

Never been more proud of my boys as I honestly thought there was no chance of winning this by a 3 goal margin.. and away!

seems like you had a very nice sseason with york well done have you signed anyone or just going to extend loans for new season do you feel you can stay up ???

i have started one as manchester city look out for my blog soon or if you wanna stay in touch about each others seasons then private email me will keep you updated.

am near back end of the season in mine and just won the league cup and 7 points behind united in second place in the league still in europe and in qf of the fa cup going very well to be fair look forward to hearing from you good luck.

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

sorry to clear that up that was to darf spud.

but if anyone wants to keep in touch about how our seasons are going and give tips etc then email me will get straight back to you with my progress etc look forward to hearing from you all.

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

coming to the end of my first season as man city not bad up to now touch wood.

have made a few signings in
ryan betrand
daniel swabb
gabriel milito
pedro

thats about it so mainly defense and pedro winger
have just won the league cup beating bolton in the final 2-0 tevez 81 min balotelli 90 min
am currently sitting 2nd in the league behind man u 6 points behind with 8 games to go
am still in europe in the QF have drawn spartak moscow so hopefully get through that ok !!!
am still in the FA cup QF have drawn newcastle should win that really they are leaking goals !!

so all going well my aim for my first season was to win a cup of some sort and to gain champions league football so as it stands well above them standards.

will post pictures and screenshots soon i promise

aim for next year improve squad further
and will bring in talent for the future

looking to sign

de gea
javier pasture
neymar
david santon
phil jones

what you reakon guys any good ?????????

Currently getting stomped 5-0 by Genoa...

...my defense is horrible, I haven't been able to find a single DC with accel AND pace over 10....

it absolutely kills me in Serie A.

uh....

next game against Roma at halftime I'm up 3-0.........*shrug*

Last edited:
I am in a save in July 2012. I started as manager of Man City, in my first season I did pretty well, finishing 2nd (4 points behind champions Man Utd) in Premier League, losing to Aston Villa in FA Cup final, conquering the League Cup, and being eliminated in the quarterfinals of EURO Cup, a quite good season. But in my 2nd season, I was sucked because after 15 matches i was 7th, just 8 points behind league leaders Chelsea >.< (having a record of 7-6-2) meanwhile in ChLeague I was in the top of my group. Needless to say that I had boughts players such as Vagner Love, Zhirkov, Van der Wiel , Mexes , Nuri Sahin and Giovinco. Anyway, I was approached by Norway and until the end of 2nd season I was only managing the national team. In June 2012 i signed at Hearts (they were just relegated in Scotland 0_0) Let's see.. :)

Last edited:
I started a new save with Spurs as I wanted to sign some players I missed out on first time round. At the beginning of the season I only managed to sign one of my targets, Lukaku. I started him off almost straight away and he was banging in goals, but the 2nd half of the season he's tailed off a bit. Luckily Defoe has been on form all season and Pav has grabbed quite a few goals as well. In the January transfer window I managed to buy Sanogo, but haven't played him yet. And Leighton Baines who has only made a few cup appearances so far. I've only 7 more games to go and am leading by 9pts. I recently played 2nd place Chelsea who were 7 points behind me and beat them 2-1. Then 3 days later had to play Arsenal and beat them easily 2-0. My run-in is pretty straight forward so am sure I will win the league in my first season.

Hi, I play with BRIGHTON.

First season: after decent start we finished safe in mid-table, getting used to new 433 tactics and trying to strengthen the squad

Second season: finished 4. and lost first round of play-off after home 1:1 and away 1:1 to penalties

Third season: in progress, having problems with morale, key players are disappointed to be another year in lower league.

Best buys for Brighton: Morosz, Fettouhi, Oliver Lee, Saric, Nordveit

ok peeps as promised update from my game have just finshed my first season as man city and went much better then i expected !!

as from my last post i said i was at the back end of my first season this is the update since then,

won the league cup

won the fa cup

won the uefa cup

cup treble in first season could ask anything better then that

come second to man u in the premiership 8 points behind them all though didnt win the league very happy to hit my target just to make champions league and did it with ease really well ahead of liverpool in 5th place.

have just gone through pre season and decided not to play any friendlies and to focus on my summer signings and departures

was very happy to get the backing of the board for what i achieved in the first season for them with 75 million budget to win the league this year.

so far have signed,

David De Gea 17.5 million (min fee release clause)
Phil Jones 15 Million
Phillip Mexes ON A FREE
Jay Altidore 2 Million

am looking into getting neymar and smalling with bit of luck building my youth ready for when the likes of toure lescott milito barry move on etc

im hoping my signing this sumemr are just as affective as my last sumemr signings who have come into the team very well and most are part of my first team plans now being as follows

Ryan Betrand
Daniel Shwabb
Gabriel Milito
Pedro

this what my first team and sub bench going to look like this season

Dea Gea

Betrand
Mexes
Milito
Shwabb

David Silva
Yaya Toure
Milner
Pedro

Carlos Tevez
Edin Dkenko

SUBS
Joe hart
Kolo Toure
Lescott
Barry
Wright Phillips
Johnson
Balotelli

just about to play man u in charity shield hopefully first trophy of the season we shall see wish me luck!!!!!!!

updates will follow in next couple of days !!!!!

Started afresh (in an existing save) way down at St Albans, as part of me dipping my toes into the lower league/low rep waters. Unbeaten in the first 8 in the league.

Hey guys, new to the forum. I'm playing with the Bulgarian National Team at the moment, I qualified for the European Championship, but lost against The Czech Republic in the Quarter Finals. When I took charge, Bulgaria were 55th in the world, but now they are 14th. Pretty good I guess...

playing as malaga in LFC's update.
1st season- 5th
2nd season- 4th
3rd season- 3rd(equal points with barca and real madrid on 94 points but lost on head to heads)
looking for another improvement as this is pretty much my longest save in fm11

started a new save as barcelona and its been great. my tactic working perfectly. very good possession and chances. xavi, villa and messi playing outstandingly. xavi hitting nothing less than 60 passes a game(691 in his last 9 games). messi scoring when he feels like. 10 in 11 games.
made just one signing lukaku. everything else the same.

I took over as Southport manager after short stints at QPR and Droylesden. I've been in charge of them for 6 years and have gone from the Blue Square North to the Premier League. I'm in my first season in the top division, played one game so far; a 1-1 against Bolton at home.
I've had to change a lot of my first team this year, mainly because of the gulf in class, partially because now I have the funds i've got some half decent players coming to join.
I think those early free agent signings in the Blue Square North helped me on my way; I got Fabio Borini from Chelsea and Davide Somma for nothing. Borini's still going strong for me now...Somma retired this season....he was heading out of my first team plans anyway.
I think the key if you're a lower league manager is to spend AGES looking for those free transfers and you eventually end up getting something decent.
I haven't won any cups but I have won every division by quite some way, other than League 2 where I went up as second place.
I've been offered loads of other jobs but i'm pretty happy to carry on with Southport at the moment

Back