FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

Everton

Apparently the Barcelona manager is leaving at the end of the season with me odds on favourite to take over at the helm, I'm extremely tempted to leave since i was hoping to jump ship before the current season started.

What should i do :D

Do it! :p
I finished my first season with Atletico Paranaense. They were already 7 games in, standing at the 18th place. I took the relegation candidates all the way up to 8th in mid-season, but unfortunately the second half wasn't fortunate enough and in the end we were 14th. Now I'm trying to get some good players from the market and when the next season begins, attack the Copa Sudamericana qualifying spots.

Everton

Apparently the Barcelona manager is leaving at the end of the season with me odds on favourite to take over at the helm, I'm extremely tempted to leave since i was hoping to jump ship before the current season started.

What should i do :D

Cant you delay the contract offer till the end of the season?
Either that or accept a contract that would mean you finished your Everton season then go off to Barcelona.

Apparently it was just speculation since Barcelonas manager has a contract till 2024 so I have no idea what I want to do now.

Hi, i am not new to the game but recently started a new season as i got bored of my old one after getting to 2029 and the updates came out anyway and i seem to be struggling a lot more than i have ever have before

I started as manager of Leicester and used the same training and tactics that i have always used and didnt do so well eventually getting sacked, now QPR have taken me on and i cant seem to string any wins together, iv tried various formations and i seem to have no consistency whatsoever. I just don't know what to do :/

Started a new save with Willem II in the Eredivise, signed Bonaventura Kalou on a free and am top of the table having played an extra game. Intense training, strict budgets and my own brand of counter attacking football is doing me well.

Just had a decent first season with Valencia. (3rd season overall in game). I finished 4th after going off a great start, just losing 2 games in my first 30. Injuries derailed my team though.

This summer transfer window, I bought Olsson for 10.5m and Augusto for 7.5m (Can't believe he was this cheap). Also got some Ukranian 3 start free transfer to help my defensive depth.

Just got bored of my main save, took Leamington out of Regional Divisions to become biggest team in the world in 2040, but only the 80 something richest. Was a real effort but now the game just really lacks anything. Also quality of the players is severely declining.

Hi Guys,After trying lots of different saves, in many countries, and finding I was getting bored no matter how successful I was doing. So I decided to be Colchester in league one, and am currently top with 7 games to go in my first season. Have found my addictiveness has grown back again.Thought I'd share it with you all.Thanks

1st season with malaga! afraid to say things are not going well :(, going to be a struggle to keep them in La Liga

Just made my own FM12 game, kits, takeovers ect, I've gone Swansea so I'm going to struggle, a lot.

Just finished my 2nd season with Malaga. I finished 4th, lost too Atletico last game of season otherwise would of been 3rd.My first season I finished 7th and was facing the sack! I made some wise signings including Santon and Castaignos on frees. My stand out player was without doubt Kadlec, scoring 27 in 28. Other players were Joaquin, Mathias Jorgensen and Nzogbia. Scored 95 in the league, more than Barca who won the league. Played with raikans 442. Still need to strengthen my defence! I only got to the knockout stages of the Euro Cup. And got to the quarters of the Spanish Cup. Hope to get further in the cup and see how well I do in the champions league on my 3rd season.

I'm in my 3rd season, in my first two seasons i was Celtic and i won the SPL both years, i also won th scottish cup the first season and the league cup in the second. In the second season i won the Euro cup beating Palermo 2-0 in the final. At the end of my second season i got a job offer from Aston villa so i accepted the offer. I am still in pre-season and have made my changes to my squad. Here is my team.
View attachment 187811

losing to 18th placed team, I think its going great (6)

Just got the Leicester job halfway through my second season after taking Newport Counnty to League 2 in my first. If I do well I think I might be able to sneak into the play-offs (H)

in my 12th year with arsenal and an interesting CL final.

View attachment 188755

a 10 yrs gap meeting. 10 yrs ago i played against Lyon in the final and won. now, in 2023, i play with them again. sadly i lost 3-1 ;(

Started a save with Peterborough and I'm sitting second behind Southampton half way through my first season. Knocked out Cardiff in a F.A Cup replay, then we're beaten 3-1 by Aston Villa in the 4th round. Have signed Ahmed Sakouna on a free and has kicked 18 league goals in 20 matches. :D

I'm on my second season as Newcastle right now, have bought 27 different players (Most of them youngsters) over the two seasons, about to sell half of them and the rest keeping about.

Using a huge squad rotation system, so I currently have two starting (Quite powerful) line ups, got third place last season with FA Cup and League Cup wins, and I'm currently in first place in the Premiership, it's the end of January, and I'm in the first knock out stages of the ECC (Against Bayern Munich. Greaaaaat...), at the finals of the League Cup and at some infant stage of the FA Cup.

I'm also on an unbeaten run of 25 games, something that I had only recently noticed and has really taken me aback.

I'm dueling with Man. City over the Premiership, both of us with 48 points at the moment (23 games) and counting. Happily, they have all the tough games ahead of them now while I have the easier ones (They have Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool to face back-to-back whilst I have Stoke, Bristol City, Norwich and West Ham)