FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 209K
Currently in my 6th season as Shamrock Rovers. 5 league titles and 8 cups later im still enjoying it. Finaly made the breakthrough into CL group stages.(got 6M which is as much revenue as i made in the last 2 seasons combined). Pressing on with it and want to make them into genuine CL contenders in the next 20-30 years :) Also have only spent £500k on transfers in that time :D

My new save with Newcastle.

Playing 4-1-2-2-1,flat back 4,1 DM,2CM(1 Support n 1 attack)2 wingers an d a lone striker.

1.Guillermo ochoa-5.25mil
2.Gregory Van Der Wiel-8.25mill
3.Jose Enrique-already there
4.fabricio Coloccini-already there
5.Steven Taylor-Already there
6.fernando Gago-1.9mill(transfer list but paying him £90k)
7.Milan Badelj-2.9mill
8.Kevin Nolan-already there
9.Christian Benitez-2.1mill
10.Yoann Gouffran-4.2 mill
11.hatem Ben Arfa-already there

Got Balotelli on loan as well but scored 6 goals in 2 games then went in the huff so Benitez go the nod and duly scored 32 goals in 35 games n only missed 1 game all season due to suspension!

Sold joey barton for 8 million to Spurs and jonas to Valencia for 7.5mill,coupled with the money from the Carroll transfer got a fair bit to spend.
Finished 7th in league,semi's of league cup and quarters of fa cup

Into October in my 2nd season;
Transfers-sold
Benitez-35mill-inter-milan(man u,chelsea real madrid all offered 29mill but inter met his release clause!)
Ben Arfa-11mill-palermo
Kevin Nolan-14mill-man city
Coloccini-6mill-atletico madrid

Bought in
Owen Hargreaves-free(sensational)
Oscar Cardozo-8.75mill(12goals 8 games)-benfica
Aaron Ramsey -Loan-arsenal
Yuri Shirkov-3.1mill-chelsea(transfer list)
Phil Jones-12mill-blackburn
Ryan Shawcross-7mill-stoke
Vladimir Weiss-6 mill-Man-city

Currently 1st in premier league,out of league cup in 3rd round to portsmouth though so not all plain sailing!

looking good though and have a lot of cash left for january should i need it!

After 3 succesful seasons I decided to let my contract expire in Chornomorets Odesa. I won the promotion to the Ukranian Premier League in my first season and bringing a lot of new players into the team. Following the 2 other seasons I made Odesa one of the major clubs of Ukraine. Ending up in a 5th place in the second season and 3rd place in the third season. Won the Ukranian cup twice in the season 2011-12 and 2012-13. I developed a lot of talents and after my exit from the club, those players are slowly being spread around the bigger clubs in Europe. I now moved to Stoke, trying to fix the clubs economic struggle. There will be no new signings before the season is over.

great to see so many lower league managers.
That just encouraged me to start a LLM game right away - will keep you updated :-)

Into my second season in Serie A

Signed Wilshere on a free along with Robinho and a couple regen prospects.

Some notable players
Etoo
Sanogo
Wilshere
Robinho
Tim Howard
Crisetig
Tiago Motta
Iaquinta

Unfortunately most of those players have only been in my team for max of 1 year and haven't blended or learned my system yet, so we are struggling a bit. But once we start clicking...watch out!

great to see so many lower league managers.
That just encouraged me to start a LLM game right away - will keep you updated :-)

It's much more fun to start from the buttom than immediatly go with a big club in Europe. ;)

It's much more fun to start from the buttom than immediatly go with a big club in Europe. ;)

Yep, recently started taking a dip into that sort of thing, after a few years of starting high and mainly being in the good-to-middling leagues and getting clubs promoted in big nations. Somehow starting in the Serb First League warranted 'national' rep, which wasn't right so after it quickly turned into a similar sort of game that I've veen having, decided to start again in the BSS/N, which gives much lower starting rep than even starting unemployed, and loving it, though it helps that I surprisingly took St Albans up through the playoffs in the first season, narrowly missing out on the title, and its restored my interest after a rare few weeks of not really feeling like playing. I don't care if I don't get too far, too fast on this or future saves (as this is a test run for next year), I fancy a load of lower league experience for now, and I'll really be earning every step I take. Amazed I didn't do this a year or 2 ago.

I'm halfway through my 2nd season with Spurs (probably my 3rd Spurs save). I won the league in my first season, but things haven't gone too well so far this season. And it got to the point where quite a few of my players have been questioning my management ability, which really ****** me off. But I've turned things around with a couple of wins, and then easily beat Arsenal 2-0 and Chelsea 3-1 in the same week. And have then carried on to win the next 3 games.

I'm really struggling with Pav at the moment. He was banging them in the first season, but this season he's averaging a 6.5 rating per game. I've told him I'm not happy, I then threatened to put him on the transfer list. He responds positively but when I play him he's useless. So I think it's time to sell him.

Man City are looking unstoppable at the top. I'm 3rd and 9pts behind them, so there's a chance I can catch them up, but I'm not that confident. I will be looking to making a big name striker in the January transfer window. Oh and I'm through to the first round of the Champions League and have been drawn against Real Madrid. Great!

Royal Standard de Liege, august 2012
so far 2 belgian leagues and one belgian cup
snatched a couple of great players on bosman rule and now my team looks like this

GK: Asenjo (free)
RB: Opare (already there)
CB: Nestor (€7.5M)
CB: Felipe (already there)
LB: Pocognoli (already there)
DMC: Fernandez (quality regen, €4.5M but worth every penny of them)
MC: Witsel (already there)
AMR: Buzaglo (€750m in season 2010-11)
AMC: Defour (already there)
AML: Willian (free)
ST: Erick Torres (€2.8M)

notable subs are Golasa, Romario (the young RB), Lucas Piazon and Lucas Zen

-----------

edit: just agreed with tottenham the loan of sandro for a fee of €200m and with a future cost set at €4M)

Erick Torres is a real good buy. He was a good sub player for my Man United squad and had a pretty good goal/game ratio for me.

Just about to start my 3rd season with Bury. Managed two successive promotions, first season League 2 got dominated even though the squad was almost unchanged except for a few free transfers (and one guy that cost £8000), in League 1, despite managing to get my hands on a few great transfers it took a lot of effort to get up to 4th, and it almost ended up going to waste in the final but we managed to win 4-3 against Leicester in the end. Now, in the championship, the club's been bought out by a Slovenian business tycoon who invested £28mil which allowed us to improve all the training facilities and netted us a rather nice transfer budget which means that quite a few players from rival teams have joined our ranks.

1st season with Wigan currently 16th 17 games into the season
Bought: Benitez
Enyeama
Alan smith
Sold: some fringe players and diame as he had a reLly low release clause :(
Anyway hoping to stay up and build the team from their but finding it hard

Brighton

In my first season managing Brighton in league 1. Things are going well, top of the league by goal difference ahead of Bristol rovers, now in December.

Made it to 3rd round of Carling cup, thrashed gillingham 6-1 in 1st round, beat west brom 3-2 away in 2nd. lost 1-0 to Newcastle in 3rd (i also missed a penalty :(! )

into 3rd round of fa cup, playing... Newcastle! time to get revenge!

oh and if your managing a team in league 1 or 2, try and buy febian brandy! great player

udinese

My first season with udinese, I'm ended up at 10th post with Juve on top. Try to used a 3-4-3 formation that proofed to be a disaster. I changed to 4-3-3 midway.
My major buy is only Adam Hlousek.

On second term I keep the 4-3-3 (it's actually more 4-1-2-3), on the opener smashed the holding champ Juve 2-0 in Turin. Going strongly till the end, and finish the season with the Scudetto. No major deal, only make a good use of Candreva and Motta which returned from loan.

Now I'm with Milan in the third season after I'm received an offer from them before second season end.

Back