FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

It depends on your past experience, if have it on highest then it isn't that weird

In this save I have no past experience. I started off with Newcastle and had only been managing for 2 years.

Last edited:
Alright,
Managing my beloved Chelsea and came second first season after ARSENAL BEAT ME ON GOAL DIFFERENCE.in January I signed Hazard for 15m and at the end of the season I got the AMAZING MATA! with Thiago also joining on a free. In first season won League Cup and Fa Cup losing to Barcelona 2-1 on aggerate in the Champions League. Quite funny as Barnsley Ipswich and Reading all got promoted

Spam ads removed by mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Stoopid Palermo. 2 Years in a row I get them in the second round of Ital Cup... jerks.

I took W.Ham to get them back to premiership :) Im most of the time fine vs clubs from my league, have tough games with Birmingham only (first time defeat, second draw), but so far so good :)Im at the top of the Table, lost 3 games, had 3 draws i think and rest wins, 9 points above Hull.Im still in Carling cup, now in semifinals against A.Villa, i passed N.Castle and Blackburn to get there :) Blackburn game was tough, decided near the end of second extra time by the header of Reid from corner :)And im waiting my first game in FA cup against Bolton :)My greatest shock was game against Peterborough which i lost 3-1...

started with AFC Telford in the Blue Sq North, filled my squad with young & free players released from Prem, Championship & L1 teams, and now i'm currently 14th in League 1. No money to expand the stadium and with a capacity of only 5,700 i've to constantly sell my best players just to keep afloat - pretty frustrating at the moment, but signed a youngster from ManU who's now valued at 300k, so hoping the money from him (when he hits form..) could help fund a few more seats... a long process, but i will win the Champions League with Telford!!!

Just started in the Pakistani Premier League with Khan Research Laboratories...I won the Premier League title and the domestic cup during the first season but have been trying to extend my recruiting base to attract foreign players as my line up now is currently entirely Pakistani..Any Suggestions for anyone that has done a small league like this? I've been attempting to set up a parent club but the board has not been able to find one nor do I expect them to, and I have been signing coaches with as high of a recruitment attribute as possible although these coaches are Pakistani also. I know an unusual starting point but I had tremendous success with Ajax with two separate three peats as European champions and eventually won 8 Champions leagues total because of the excellent form built up in the Eredivisie so this time I truly decided to start for the ground up. Any help on extending my player base please let me know. Thanks

Right now I'm doing really well. I am only 23 days (game time) away from starting up thr 2011/12 Premier League Season with Liverpool. I picked up Craig Bellamy and Zolst' Poleski. Came in 9th after a string of draws nearing the end. Kuyt has come back from his Saint Paris-Germain loan. Came 2nd in the FA Cup after 3-2 loss to Chelsea. They dominated the match but Torres put us back into it with a superb assist and then a goal. I won the League cup with ease. I don't remember my oppenents but it was easy. I have been resigned with my board and resigned some great players after change of statuses. Thrashed Crewe Alexendra 4-2. Gerrard opened the scoring. Then Reina scored own goal to make 1-1. Torres on the run. 2-1 at HT. Babel scoring made it 3-1. Gerrard's 2nd goal put the game in our clutches 4-1. Crewe scored a late consalation (not so sure who it was) to make it 4-2 at FT

With Cork City.In the preseason of Season 6 with them after finishing 3rd in the Premier Division,bit disappointing after snatching 1st in my previous season,just didnt have the luck this season.Amazingly made it too the Champions Cup somehow too after getting though qualifying got smashed in the group stages though.Took the League and All-Ireland Cup this season.Hoping to strengthen my midfield for the coming season especially in the centre as i don't have much depth.

On my 3rd season i picked up a job with Jamaica thats been going pretty well,2 caribbean Championship wins,Gold Cup Semi-Final,and qualified for the World Cup with a play-off win against Paraguay before losing too Argentina ,Ukraine and Japan in the Group Stages :-(.Thinking about packing it in with them as there an old team but managed to get 2 or 3 good youngsters to play for Jamaica over other countries so tempted to stay and see them grow until i hopefully get the Ireland job :D.

Into EURO Cup with Ross County in 2nd season in the SPL, finished 5th.
Getting decent money in as well but struggling to get the board to up the wage bill.

Sacked by Dagenham and Redbridge, sacked by Plymouth Argyle, now been given the hot seat at Airdrie Utd. Only playing pre season friendlies at the moment. Won four, drawn one and lost one. Still a novice at this game but find it addictive and frustrating.

Playing as Chelsea, won 9 PLs in a row, en route for 10th.

Nice combination goal, pass and move, exploit the space :)

[video=youtube;jxaKdaKm3Cc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxaKdaKm3Cc[/video]

3 min - 2 goal.

2rd goal is awesome :)

[video=youtube;NHnQsrr4odw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHnQsrr4odw[/video]

how you like it
gOjHC0J.png

everyone hate us
KEGvQCa.png

i wanna do ragequit :(
---

you can't catch me, b*ch :))
9Jq1FnL.png

i make new tactic now, change my 4-1-4-1 to 4-1-3-1-1, this more flexible system and now i have a good transition from defence to attack. Unlike 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 + low pressing my wings safe now. Yes, we have not so much chances, but we underdog, it's only first season and we have a lot of injuries.
-----------------

Rigid/Counter.

---------------GK(d)--------------
--DR(s)--LD(d)--LD(d)--DL(s)--
--------------DM(d)---------------
---MR(a)-----MC(s)-----ML(s)---
--------------AM(a)---------------
--------------ST(a)----------------

passing: normal
creative freedom: more disciplined
closing down: less
tackling: more aggressive
marking: normal
crossing: normal
roaming: stick to positions.

tempo/width and etc. settings are default.

all players have default settings, except:
DM - more direct passing, especially to the wings.
ML - he cut inside if Nianetty playing, and he roam from position. Creative freedom a little bit more, than normal.
MR - Creative freedom a little bit more, than normal.
AMC - moves into channels( simple here, i don't use wingers on AMR/L positions, and i want my AMC open on this space) , roam from position. Creative freedom a little bit more, than normal. When we score, and/or it's a 70-80 min, and i not sure what we can contain this result, i take down him to MC position.
ST - Creative freedom a little bit more, than normal. Roam from position, if i play with Poacher role.

if your MC have a PPM "likes to go in penalty area" or "move forward asap", you need to change your dm forward runs - normal. it's needed, because in possession your team should look like this:

--------ST---------
ML---AM--MC--MR
------GAP---------
DL----GAP------DR
--------DM---------
------DC-DC-------

and the opponent is easy to counter attack you.

Last edited:
give them the ball - they kill themselves :))

za22rw1.png

-------------------

this picture... every time when i start thinking ,what a computer have advantage playing vs my team, i'm gonna look at this picture

Qpze0NY.png

------------------------------

one of the best goal, what my team score:

[video=youtube;hh2cjpPA9yI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh2cjpPA9yI[/video]

Last edited:
ok, season ended.

9xeC2wl.png

this is very good season for us. we are the top defense in the league, before 42 games. but, my team lost motivation and we concede some brainless goals.
late slump (in april), and our best striker get injuried to 2 months. my fullbacks play like **** in last games, and in playoff we lost 4-1 vs Grimsby (their striker is a beast, Elding, sold in that window to league 1).
anyway, im glad, what we not get promotion, because with squad what i have this would be a pain. i need 1 more season to prepare my team.