FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

This could be a success for me but i see it more as a frustating thing. I took over Wycombe in league 1 and up to january we were doing okay sitting in around 13th position and then sheff wed sacked their manager so i offered to take over and they accepted and my happy finger pressed accept on the contract without realising i had to manage them at the end of the season, so i holidayed it to around may and find that my wycombe team pushed up into the play offs and they only go and win the play offs and get promoted to the championship courtesy of Febian Brandy scoring SIX goals in the final. Now im stuck in league 1 AGAIN..

just beaten blackburn in teh carling cup final 4-3 (see ss) and i am in teh europa league with huddersfieold!!! i am also first in teh table by four ponits and in teh JPT final :D could get the treble! :O

also loo kat the formation blackburn pl;ayed after i scored!

View attachment 195137 View attachment 195138

Greedy Malaga sheik sold Hazard to Man Utd for $80mil.

Game is going ok now, went back to my old save, first self challenge completed of winning the league with an all english team, got bored and decided to take up the "Mourinho challenge" - win the league in England (already done as previously stated), Italy and Spain. Coincidentally, I spotted Inter Milan had just sacked Mourinho, who were lying in a lowly 11th after 11 games. Now 29 games through, I have a 4 point lead at the top of the table. God knows how they were in 11th, the team is quality, few ageing players but other than that it really hasn't been difficult. I'll see which job I can pick up in Spain next season.

Just started on the 11.3 patch with Chelsea FC. Called myself Andre Villas-Boas and I am making a complete overhaul of the squad;

In:
Courtois - 3m
Pereira - 26m
Guarin - 24m
Cerci - 9m
Mata - 26.5m
Falcao - 40m
Lukaku - 20m
Romeu - 4.5
Meireles - 16m

Much like IRL but with a few more. Still would like a solid CB but who?

Out:
Drogba - 17.5m
Turnbull - 1.5m
Alex - 6m
Zhirkov - 5m
Essien - 22m
Mikel - 6.5m
Benayoun - 3.5m
Anelka - 5.5m
Torres - 25m

you sold essien and torres oO)

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Is it weird that im managing stoke and im 3rd in the prem not just that but i just beat malaga in the europa league cup first round and they are 1st in la liga with 63 points and 9 points ahead of second place barcelona who themselves are in the europa league. its only year 2014 with all the transfers made such as fabregas and sanchez to Barca etc. Chelsea and Arsenal are in the europa too! it seems the europa is more challenging than the champs league atm lol

i'm playing west ham and i got one trophy carling cup and 6th table in last season...lol

wow. Dunno if anyone has seen a couple of posts but just got a bit of a shock. On a bit of a journeyman save, started off trying to win the prem with an all English team. Done. Thought what else can I do? Emulating Mourinho seemed like a decent idea, so I took over a struggling inter and took them to the title in a season and a half. Next stop Spain. Deportivo desperately struggling, got them up to 5th.

This season was a difficult start and after 10 league games I'm lying in 7th, not a disaster but I was hoping for better and then... SACKED!??? I was already qualified for the Europa league ffs. Thought it was a bit harsh to be honest, not check out my chairman stats but his patience must have been at Abramovich levels.

Update 2 mins later, got a job immediately with Betis... And Mourinho is immediately replaced in my old position... Does tapping up exist on this game???

Last edited:
My new save is going well, I am using patch 11.3 with a transfer update with England and Belgium leagues loaded.

I choose Arsenal with this seasons squad (Arteta, Santos ect and no Fab), but I bought some players in (not as many as I have done with other teams)

Players in: First season Qualify for Europe £40m to spend
Mats Hummels £9.5m Dortmund
Mario Gotze £13m Dortmund
Martin Montoya £1.8m Barcelona
Mirko Barocelli £2.5m Piachenza
Carlos Diogo free
Kevin Packet free
Erick Torres £1.6m January Guardalajara Deportivo
Lucas Barrios £10m January Dortmund

Players Out 1st season
Craig Eastmond £70k loan Burnley
Vito Mannone £2.9m Southampton
Oguzhan Ozyakup £60k Norwich

Net Spend: £35.5m spent (£38.5m out, £3m in)

With this squad and a 4-5-1 formation I finished top of the league without loosing a game, beating Wolves 7-0 at home, won the FA Cup beating Man City in the final and again in the UCL final.

In 2nd season Title Chalenge £70m
Marek Hamsik £15.5m Napoli
Douglas Costa £12.5m Shaktar
Jack Stevens £2.5m Southampton
Jake Fowler £1.4m Middlesbrough
James Grey £1.3m Middlesbrough
Albano Bizzarri £2.3m Lazio

Out
Josh Rees £55k West Ham
Kyle Ebecilio £175k Loan Peterbrough
Sebastien Squilachi £750k Loan FC Porto £2.2m to buy
Manuel Almunia £750k Loan Barcelona £2.2m to buy
Johan Djourou £10m Napoli
Nicklas Bendtner £7m AC Milan
Denilson £7.75m Shalcke
Pedro Bothelo £1.5m Notts Forest

Net Spend: £8m (35.5m out, £27.5m in)

I've just finished my 2nd season with Newcastle. After finishing 4th and qualifying for the Champions League in my first season I had a fairly disappointing 2nd season finishing 7th. But even after a mediocre season I was offered the job of AC Milan manager. I find this pretty unrealistic, but have made a separate Milan save anyway.

Just done my first season at fulham has gone very well had a respectable league finnish came 10th won the fa cup vs blackburn 2.1 so we will be in the europa league :) thie team is performing well could be better as i am planning on a top 4 challenge next eyar i hope any way.

league table

View attachment 196596

here is the fa cup macth

View attachment 196595

Christián Benítez has been the star of the season for us has been on top scoring form for what we paid he is an outstanding player :)

View attachment 196594

On a sad note we have lost Mark Schwarzer who has been forced to ritire due to a 5 month injury he will be missed at fulham :( sad day for the club​
View attachment 196598

I've just finished my 2nd season with Newcastle. After finishing 4th and qualifying for the Champions League in my first season I had a fairly disappointing 2nd season finishing 7th. But even after a mediocre season I was offered the job of AC Milan manager. I find this pretty unrealistic, but have made a separate Milan save anyway.

It depends on your past experience, if have it on highest then it isn't that weird

Just done my first season at fulham has gone very well had a respectable league finnish came 10th won the fa cup vs blackburn 2.1 so we will be in the europa league :) thie team is performing well could be better as i am planning on a top 4 challenge next eyar i hope any way.

league table

View attachment 196596

here is the fa cup macth

View attachment 196595

Christián Benítez has been the star of the season for us has been on top scoring form for what we paid he is an outstanding player :)

View attachment 196594

On a sad note we have lost Mark Schwarzer who has been forced to ritire due to a 5 month injury he will be missed at fulham :( sad day for the club​
View attachment 196598

Nice mate I finished my first season as Fulham, came 7th. Was stoked with that. Who have you got in your squad? Did you manage to keep Haangland?
I let Schwazer go at the end of the season.
Pantsil was my player of the year, Murphy was probably 2nd best.
Had big injury troubles with Andy Johnson all year.

I too signed Benetiz towards the end of the season but he was pretty average. How do you play him?

Just started 2nd season, struggling in 14th spot after about 7 games, lost a few games and the players are playing sh*t!!! Got a 39m pound budget - big signings were Shawcross (5m), Hazard (7.5m), Ochoa (6m), Buananotte (free) and Neymar (4.9m!! but couldnt get a work permit so have to keep trying as I go along).

awesome so far this season
finally put Belupo in the Euro cup plus leading in the league with a 13-1 goal difference
trashed FC Kopengen 8 0 away with my new tactics
plus my lil regen has been on fire
View attachment 196983View attachment 196984

Last edited:
Its was a thriller. i was 2-0 down and then i lead 3-2. all of a sudden a defensive lapse made it 3-3 and aet City lead 4-3. last minute goal made the score line 4-4.
i play my B team, more new rising stars with some first teamers. i would have like to win, but it went to penalties and was frustration. ;(

good game my lads. !!!!
View attachment 197192