FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

Finally have the best team in the world. Only took until 2034. Oldest player is 26 too! View attachment 194284 Now its all about getting my league prestige to the top of the world. Ireland all the way!

wow great achievement first of all. but seriously 26 is the oldest member in ur squad. oO) :O

wow great achievement first of all. but seriously 26 is the oldest member in ur squad. oO) :O

Yes sir. 9 of my starters (only my strikers) have started on my team for the last 5 years. The strikers have been on for the last two years. The problem is with my team is that once a player hits 26 usually his contract is up. I have to sell him off to OM (bought 3 of my players the last 5 years), Real Madrid, Barcelona, or ELP teams. So I sell them for at least 40 million each and then go off and buy an 18 year old player. Cycle repeats. At least until my new 51K stadium is build and then maybe I can keep them on my team until they retire or at least get close to 30.

Yes sir. 9 of my starters (only my strikers) have started on my team for the last 5 years. The strikers have been on for the last two years. The problem is with my team is that once a player hits 26 usually his contract is up. I have to sell him off to OM (bought 3 of my players the last 5 years), Real Madrid, Barcelona, or ELP teams. So I sell them for at least 40 million each and then go off and buy an 18 year old player. Cycle repeats. At least until my new 51K stadium is build and then maybe I can keep them on my team until they retire or at least get close to 30.

u ssem to be abit like Wenger IRL, where u really make youth signings ur XI team and when theyre like 30, sell them lmao

u ssem to be abit like Wenger IRL, where u really make youth signings ur XI team and when theyre like 30, sell them lmao

Pretty much. Although I actually have the revenue with the new stadium to actually keep these guys longer on my team and able to pay their over 100K contracts.

Currently managing Steaua Bucharest. Got bored of Swansea after winning everything in 4 years. Things are going good so far. I`m first place in the league, with only 3 goals conceded and undefeated for 16 games. Hope I can continue the run. In Europa League I managed to qualify from second place after handling a tough group which included names like: Spartak Moskow, Hannover or Red Star Beograd. Greatest result here was a win against Spartak(3-1). In the 1st qualifying round I was draw against CSKA Moskow. As for the Romanian Cup, I managed to get to the semi-final stage, hopefully I`ll win that too.

Edit: Have just played the home leg against CSKA, and won 2-1. Dominated the 2nd half from top to bottom, but Akinfeev had an epic game, finishing man of the match with a score of 9.4. Unbelievable :| .
Edit2: I managed to qualify for the next round after I won the second leg, in Moskow, 2-1. I had a little bit of luck on my side, CSKA missing a penalty in the 15th minute. Go Steaua!:D

Last edited:
Got into teh Carling Cup Quarter Final with Huddersfield, first season, after beating Crewe and Norwich on penalties, then a young Arsenal team 3-0 and then a QPR team, with 1 or 2 players missing, 2-0. So i turned up against Liverpool, at home, which emant good gate receipts i found that they played a sub team and was thoroughly delighted with the result. I swear I have not cheated if any of you out there, think that.

View attachment 194396View attachment 194399View attachment 194398View attachment 194396

fm1063 - those are some pretty good results mate.

As for my game, ended the season with 2 succeses: first in the league which grants me a place directly in the Champions League group stage and won the Romanian Cup. In the Europa League I managed to reach the quarter finals where I faced PSG, which eventually became the winner of the competition. I couldn`t get past them (2-1<away> , 1-1<home>). Before meeting PSG, I faced Olympiakos Pireus(1-1<home>, 2-3<away>).

Another succes would be the Romanian SuperCup win in the start of the season.

As for the season to come my main objective is winning the Europa League which will be held in Bucharest in 2012, this is if I finish 3rd place in the Champions League group which will grant me access to the Europa League knock-out rounds. Winning that will be a tough mission considering that I invested only 2.4 mil Euro in transfers this season while last year I spent only 2 mil. Anyway, I`m really happy with what I managed to transfer, the best one being Lerato Chabangu from Sundowns for a fee of 250k, which eventually became the teams best scorer. He now got to a price of 1,7 mil.

Next updates will be in January. Wish me luck!!:)

January, 2012

January, 2012

With half of the season already gone, I still find myself in the position where I can still furfill my objectives.

In the league I`m on 2nd place, 6 points behind first place, but I don`t worry to much considering the direct game between me and the team lying in the first place will be played at home.

In the Champions League I finished 3rd in my group, 20 minutes away from the knock-out rounds. Shakhtar scored an equalizer in the 70th minute and the game ended 1-1. This were my results in the Champions League:

Steaua B. - Liverpool (2-2)
Shakhtar D - Steaua B (1-0)
Steaua B. - Celtic G. (2-1)
Celtic G. - Steaua B. (1-1)
Liverpool - Steaua B. (3-0)
Steaua B. - Shakhtar (1-1)

Anyway, I didn`t really want to go further in the Champions League because, let`s be honest, I wouldn`t have had any chance :).

As for the Europa League, I have been drawn against Borrusia Monchegladbach in the 1st round, but the competition is starring big names this year, like: Porto, Juventus, Chelsea, AC Milan, Inter, Fiorentina, Ajax or Tottenham.

Playing the final in Bucharest seems now an even tougher mission to accomplish.

Last edited:
Managing Ajax
2011 season: Eredivisie and Dutch Cup champion, Champion League Semifinalist
2012 season: Eredivisie and Dutch Cup champion, Champion League Semifinalist
2013 season: 5 more games left, 9 point clear of PSV (2nd), Dutch Cup Finalist (vs Utrecht), but lost in CL group stage against Man.City and Ath. Madrid

In 2011, I lost 5 times in Eredivisie, while in 2012 I never lost even in one game (H). In 2013, so far only 1 lost.

However, I have to sold Kramaric :'(, my best striker, to Shaktar since the board feel that 18m is too good to turn down. I bought him for 875k in 2011.

Manager of Everton, first season with 30 games gone I am currently in 6th position and havent been beaten since the start of 2011. Won the carling cup and now in the semi of the fa cup :)
Best player has probably been cahill, donnovan, or welbeck
Main Signings: Welbeck on loan for the season (been class recently), donnovan for around 5 mil, rosicky for around 4 mil and garra dembele for around 600k (absolute bargain for this price). I have also sold a few players to get the transfer kitty up.

in March 2011 (on my current save) Fulham YES FULHAM! are top of the Premier league.

I looked into it and they haven't spend more than 300k on any one of the players they brought in.

Many of their signings have also hardly played, Zamora's goal tally is nearing 30

​LOL

Got promotion with my oxford united side, 44 games in 28 wins 9 draws and 7 losses, signed two gems and that was it
the well known febian brandy 33 goals (now playing subs) and marco reich with 44 games 14 goals and 26 assists

Move over France, Germany, and Russia. Iceland is taking your spots. Although I only moved from 8th to 6th now for best league in the world. Which means I am still behind France and Germany, but Russia is now behind me.

Almost finished first season with Brighton.

Top of league 1 leading Peterborough by 1 point, but 10 clear of third place.
Lost in league cup in second round to Reading 1-0.
Cheeky Wembley appearance vs Oldham in JPT final.
Took Fulham to a replay, and extra time and pens in fifth round of FA Cup, lost 4-3 though :(

As of September 2020 with Newcastle (I had the Brazil job, got sacked, now currently the manager of France/Nufc got knocked out of Euro 2020 by Ireland in the Quarter-Finals, perhaps it is payback for what happened with Henry)

Premier League Champions - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020. (runner up, 2019)
FA Cup Winners - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020
League Cup Winners - 2013, 2014, 2017, 2019, 2020 (runners up - 2015, 2016, 2018)
Community Shield Winners - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 (runners up - 2016, 2018)
Club World Championship - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019
European Super Cup - 2014, 2015, 2015, 2017, 2020 (runner up - 2019)
Champions League Winners - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020.

Not a bad record at all to be honest, considering in the 2010/11 season i only survived relegation by 5 points, and have had major financial problems during 2012 and 2013 until i got a new owner, who, to be honest, isn't exactly a guy who puts money into the club, all of my money comes from what the club earns rather than the chairman.

As for Brazil, i got sacked for no reason to be honest, i got beat twice in the World Cup Qualifiers, but still sat 4th in the table, which meant i would have got automatic qualification, yet i still got sacked... but about 2 years later i got the France job, absolutely destroyed everyone in my path from the first game, went on a 17 game win streak, then Ireland knocked me out of Euro 2020 in the Quarter Finals, they went onto the final and got beat off Spain.

This is my Overall best 11 for Newcastle:

newcastleunitedhistoryb.png

Yaya Sanogo has an amazing goalscoring record, as you can see there, and is my record league goalscorer.

Back to my Steaua Bucharest save.

After one more season gone we find Steaua lying again on the first place, after winning the Romanian League two years in a row. The team is showing continous improvement from game to game and on the way to set up a new record, until now having not lost any point in 14 games. The 42 points aquired until now and the 51 goals scored with only 6 conceded are proof that this team is invincible in the league at the moment. One of the biggest results recorded was the win against title contenders Rapid Bucharest(5-0).

Based more on team force and less on individual qualities, Steaua Bucharest`s good run of results continued even in the Champions League where teams like Zenit or MSK Zilina tasted the bitter of defeat after playing against the romanian team. The defeats were even harder to swallow as the two teams didn`t even manage to score a goal against Steaua. It seems like the 3 improvements the team has made in defense in the summer window(Pape Diakhate - free, Sebastien Puygrenier - free, Granndi Ngoyi - 2,1m) were a real gain. Another real gain for Steaua is flamboyant midfielder Ederson(Ex O.Lyon), which has been also purchased for free.

Even if in such form, Steaua did lose 2 games this season, one of them being the Super Cup against Rapid Bucharest, the other being against last year Champions League winner, Manchester United.

Here are the results:

Manchester United - Steaua (2-0)
Steaua - MSK Zilina (3-0)
Zenit - Steaua (0-0)
Steaua - Zenit(1-0)

After such good results in the league, the only question on everyone lips is: can Steaua keep it going and win all the matches?

Updates will come!:)

Started with Middlesborough (in November thanks to putting Brazil as start date), but resigned in mid-January. Parachuted into the Swansea job, brought in Emmanuel-Thomas from Arsenal, Freddy Sears from West Brom, Danny Pacheo from Liverpool and Corry Evan from Man Utd, all on loan.

Together with newly in-form Bodde, Dyer and Tate, and the return of Arango and Ma Kalambay from injuries, taken them from 15th to 6th. Had to gain 6 points from 5 games to get the play-offs, and thanks to a shock 4-0 Millwall win over my former team Middlesborough on the last day of the season, got the play-offs by a single point following a 2-1 nailbiter vs Preston.

As the days go by we still find Steaua lying in the top of the league, with no points lost after 22 games. With 12 games left to play and 13 points more than the 2nd placed team, Steaua`s attention will be focused more on the Champions League from now on, where the enthusiastic team managed to pull off a great result, beating O.Marseille 4-3 on aggregate in the 1st knockout round(2-0 , 2-3).

:O I`m in the Champions League Final with Steaua, in the 3rd season, after beating Barcelona on aggregate 5-4 in the semi`s. I can`t believe it!!!

In Spain they beat me 3-2, after I had the lead with 2 goals ahead. Didn`t have any hopes for the home game, but Medina is a great striker, and pwned them 2 times, the 3rd goal being scored by Florin Costea. Incredible match! Incredible result.

In the Quarters I got past Juventus, after winning 1-0 at home, and a draw, 1-1, in Turin.

The other team to reach the final is Arsenal. Even if I lose it, I won`t really care. It`s a really big success anyway.

In the League I`m still kicking *****, having won all 30 matches this season. Four more to go, but the last one is really hard, cuz I will play away, against the 2nd place team.