Status
Not open for further replies.

maccaattack

Reaction score
I have been playing FM since it all started with the Amiga computer and when it was called by its original name Championship manger. I have enjoyed all previous versions through the updates/patch's. When I lost a game I would work it out and see why I lost and improve my tactics and player positions and over time my team would get better. Not so this version, my team dominates shots/on target, possession of the ball to the point that it gets a bit silly. If my team is dominating and still losing what do I do ? This game is about stats so I my thinking is that my players are not good enough but is not the case where my striker has some very good stats for his position he just cant score but the oppo striker is so poor he would not get in my reserves but boy can he finish. 1 shot 1 goal and it has happened so many times at all different levels and leagues around the world. I feel this version cheats you out of certain games and there is nothing you can do about it. Scripted yes I am sure of it. There will be many fan boys out there who disagree with me I am sure but I have put in just over 150 hours already in this version.

As stated I knew fanboys would start to cry. Please read what I have stated. If I cant rely on the feed back from my match stats and players ratings after each game what is the point of have said stats.
I have never tried other peoples tactics before 2011 but I thought maybe they knew something I don't so I tried some. The results where pretty much the same, dominating games but still poor results.

Last edited:
How can u critisice FM thats a holy sin

(jks)

I think the opposite it is the best FM so far

I would have to agree, my first game was CM 2 and i have loved everyone of them. All the new things in this one i.e agents etc is excellent but they have made it so hard its becomes not fun to play anymore.

I think its the best check the back of the disc case and you will see how much better it is ;-)

I wouldn't say this edition is any harder than previous versions :S

Easily one of the best versions ever to be released - if you are not doing too well, just adapt in some way, there is always some way of winning...just need to find it.

CM97/98 and FM09 were the two best versions imo, but i still really like FM11, it seems fine as always to me :)

i dont think its too hard, i like the game, Still playing FM10 but that is becasue i have an epci save with arsenal lol and dont want to put it down , Also waiting for the jan transfer update.

These kind of threads pop up year after year, and for some people, change isn't right for them. The game cannot please everyone, but the only reason it has stayed in regular production for so long is that it has pleased the masses with its improvements every time. Sure, the game is not to your taste, and I respect that, but I doubt you are going to get much support for that opinion.

anyone who says FM11 is the worst clearly has very short memories. fm08 and fm09 were much worse. FM09 was genuinely the close the series came to unplayable.

and the less said about CM4 the better....

Tbh I think this version is the best yet due to how realistic the game has become but I can see why you find this version frustrating but give this version some more time :)

OP your argument pretty much loses all credibility by a) calling it scripted, and b) refering to anyone who disagrees with you as a fanboy.

anyone who says FM11 is the worst clearly has very short memories. fm08 and fm09 were much worse. FM09 was genuinely the close the series came to unplayable.

and the less said about CM4 the better....

i quite liked 08 and 09 haha, but cm4 my god, that WAS the worst CM/FM ever ever...

I have been playing FM since it all started with the Amiga computer and when it was called by its original name Championship manger. I have enjoyed all previous versions through the updates/patch's. When I lost a game I would work it out and see why I lost and improve my tactics and player positions and over time my team would get better. Not so this version, my team dominates shots/on target, possession of the ball to the point that it gets a bit silly. If my team is dominating and still losing what do I do ? This game is about stats so I my thinking is that my players are not good enough but is not the case where my striker has some very good stats for his position he just cant score but the oppo striker is so poor he would not get in my reserves but boy can he finish. 1 shot 1 goal and it has happened so many times at all different levels and leagues around the world. I feel this version cheats you out of certain games and there is nothing you can do about it. Scripted yes I am sure of it. There will be many fan boys out there who disagree with me I am sure but I have put in just over 150 hours already in this version.
Everything you have said there baiscally tells that this is the most realistc FM ever. Just becasue you have the most shots in the game doesnt allways mean you will win the game. The other team could get lucky. You have to adapt your style in every game no mater who you are playing. You need to read your scout reports for the upcoming game. Also dont tweak your tactics to much as in real life like FM it takes a few weeks for the team to adapt. The game is not scripted. Case in point chelsea got beat 3-0 off of sunderland at home in the EPL. Now if that can happen in real life then it can also happen in game. Dont really see why your moaning.

the worst version for me was the first CM3 98/99 season - was rubbish but improved, the next couple were class. Then CM4 and season 03/04 were rubbish again...

Since then tho the FM games have been class, improving every year and FM11 is the best yet imo

I remember it needed two patches in ONE day

Status
Not open for further replies.