FM 2012 Progress - How is your game going?

First season..

As Hinckley United in BSN. Absolutely stormed the table, ending up with a 70% win ratio, +55 goal difference and a tally of 95 points (about 20 points ahead of 2nd) with no reloads or anything. Hinckley are predicted to finish 24th. Easier than usual, this. I'm decent enough to usually win promotion but with a lot more hard work involved if I remember correctly.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is - I didn't win the ****** manager of the season award! Nor did I come second. Or, wait for it, third, in the award.

That HAS to be a bug right?

As Hinckley United in BSN. Absolutely stormed the table, ending up with a 70% win ratio, +55 goal difference and a tally of 95 points (about 20 points ahead of 2nd) with no reloads or anything. Hinckley are predicted to finish 24th. Easier than usual, this. I'm decent enough to usually win promotion but with a lot more hard work involved if I remember correctly.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is - I didn't win the ****** manager of the season award! Nor did I come second. Or, wait for it, third, in the award.

That HAS to be a bug right?

I finished 3rd with Villa in my first season behind Utd and Arsenal and also didn't feature in manager of the season award, which didn't bug me too much, except that Kenny Dalglish came 2nd behind Ferguson after Liverpool finished 7th!

In my second season now, managed to qualify from the group stage of Champs League with a game to spare in a group that included Bayern, Shakhtar Donetsk and Rangers.

I'm starting my second season as Everton after a long time looking for a suitable club for me. I'm really enjoying it again now! Finished 10th in my first season but this year will be better I think. Last season I bought Erick Torres who played really well in cup matches, Diouf who was a great sub for me when I needed a change and a couple of youngsters to put them in Under 18 and see how they go. I sold Howard to Man City for 7M euros, I had Mucha in goal who wasn't that good but I went for it. Now this season I had to let go of Diouf, Saha, Distin, Hahnemann and McFadden all on free transfers. But I bought Jeremain Lens from PSV for 1.7M who I like IRL and Pandev from Inter for 2.6M!!, Jaaskelainen, Fierro and some other youngsters on free transfers who looked quite something. Also I signed 2 TOP regens, I've send them to Mons to get Work Permit and there they can play. So I'm really enjoying it, it's awesome!!

This is mine story with Napoli screens will tell you everything easy ownage in Seria A and will continue... i declined job offers fromliverpul, chelsea, fc bayern... not bad story... enjoy!

So, because I am **** at FM, I started a game with Man United. I won the league twice and reached the champions league final in my second season, as well as the FA cup final. I then decided to move to Newcastle when they sacked their manager. In December of the first season as Newcastle, and I was 15th in the league, the team got taken over, I got sacked. I applied for the Valencia job, and got it, so I am just working my way through the players/staff and training really. Quite enjoying this save, think I might try and manage in a fair few different leagues after winning the one I am working in.

started a new save with Saint-Etienne in the Ligue 1. so far 35 matches played and i find myself second behind Marseille with 3 games left and 4 points behind. My objective for the season was top half finish and my personal one was a top 5 finish, yet i find myself fighting for the title. My next game is against Marseille, if i beat them and win the remaining 2 matches while they lose one, the title should be mine, if not, im happy enough with a CL spot which is more than enough for my first ever season in Ligue 1, in any FM game.

update reaching the halfway point of the season currently 4th beat chelsea 2-1 with two injury time goals from henderson and adam lost 1-0 to wigan beat fulham 2-0 terrible result losing 3-1 away to west brom then lost 1-0 to arsenal bounced bk with a 4-1 win over newcastle and another disappointing result vs bolton 1-1 merseyside derby nxt suarez in a bit of a goal drought henderson still performing impeccably young robinson scored his first goal for the club with a brilliant free-kick against newcastle going to continue see how things progress

lost merseyside derby 2-1 then got sacked blast couldn't even see the year out louis van gaal took over got liverpool into champs league finishing 4th couldn't get a job applied for yeovil cambridge sheff utd york etc was unsuccessful applied for great britain under 23s job and got offered the job so olympics here i come

My major achievements in my second tenure as a PSG manager

Europa League Winners

View attachment 223159View attachment 223160View attachment 223161View attachment 223162

i was pretty amazed to how i was 'comfrtatble' against Man City, who tbf, are much better in both player quality and Money power. they Naged the first gaol, but my team kept on going and going until my loan signing Pandev snatched a screamer, and right in the dying stages of the game Menez, who is in absolute beast form that season, got the winner. Pretty unlucky with the injures as by half time, i had to use all my subs, and De Cilge was limping though the whole second half. nevertheless, a great win to savour.

Ligue 1 Title

View attachment 223167View attachment 223168View attachment 223169

Back in my first season, my team was pretty much the top favs to win the ligue. but then right in the 2n last game of the season again bitter rivals OM, i lost, what was probably the most vital game of my season. this lose lead OM to celebrate the title honours.

then i made a goal to myself, to win the ligue, and it happened in such bizarre fashion. so late game of the season, and both OM and me are level on points, but OM are leading in goal difference. and so i win my last game against Lille, 5-2, and surprisingly, OM lost to Bordeaux 2-0 late in the game. lol. YEAH i won my first ever title. :p :)

And just to share some of my awesomeness: 6 in the City of Love !!!!!

View attachment 223163View attachment 223166View attachment 223165View attachment 223164

Just started a new game with my fave team.... Blackpool.
I have got off to a great start and won all 4 league games and 1 cup game so far.
The best win I have had has just came at home to West Ham where I beat them 7-0 !! :D
View attachment 223187

stormed the group stages in the olympics beat cameroon 2-0, uruguay 3-0 and south korea 4-0 knocked out by brazil 5-4 on pens after 1-1 aet henderson scored 2 mins from end of extra time then jammy brazilians equalised in last min sickener new job managing newport county in blue square prem unlucky to lose in fa cup to darlington 2-1 first game man sent off playing well up to that point the journey continues blue square to prem perhaps fingers crossed

Just started the 2013/14 season with bayern for whome i bought ramos, fabregas, aguero and kompany. Won my first 3 games v last years club koln 3:0( i won the treble with koln in 2012/13) ,hsv 2:0 and dortmund 6:1( yeee)

13th with newport county now making steady climb up the table best result undoubtedly beating fleetwood the league leaders 3-2 young winnall on loan from wolves is banging them in at the mo hopefully can gatecrash the playoff spots keep this good form up

in 2024-25 season with Staines, in the Prem, finished 2nd last season way above expectations, as I was predicted 11th, which is were i finished the season before... Just preparing my tactics and squad for the new season. I am determined to make Staines into the biggest team in Europe, but first I need to win the Prem and Champions League.

Still waiting for an oil-rich millionaire to take me over as my board is wank and won't build me a new stadium and they can't set up any good affliates, my only affiliate is Reading, who are now in Blue Square Prem, lol

Bit ****, still trying to get a long term save going. I had gone three seasons with QPR (my longest to date so far on FM12), before I rather unexectantly got the sack (finished 13th, then 9th, then 13 again).

I have two rather unhealthy habbits which I am developing on FM games and I think it is stopping me from progressing.

1. I make a point of not signing anyone who I have already signed on previous games (don't see the point in building a team I have already proven can dominate the league in a few seasons)

2. I love trying to improve players. As a result I buy young players who I see potential with, not current ability. As a result the squads I have take ages to improve.

Anyone else suffer from these afflictions?

Just installed the game last night and have taken over Eintracht Frankfurt.

Good pre-season including a 2-0 victory over Panathinaikos, but the first few league games have been poor.

Only the one signing:
Andreas Hinkel on a free

Bit ****, still trying to get a long term save going. I had gone three seasons with QPR (my longest to date so far on FM12), before I rather unexectantly got the sack (finished 13th, then 9th, then 13 again).

I have two rather unhealthy habbits which I am developing on FM games and I think it is stopping me from progressing.

1. I make a point of not signing anyone who I have already signed on previous games (don't see the point in building a team I have already proven can dominate the league in a few seasons)

2. I love trying to improve players. As a result I buy young players who I see potential with, not current ability. As a result the squads I have take ages to improve.

Anyone else suffer from these afflictions?

Yes, a lot of us I guess...

For the first, if you are going for youngsters I would say it is solved after you start getting regens in the 2nd season (1st might be a pain).

For the second, as long as you are judging the potential properly (a lot of stars for PA and attributes not too messed up at least), you should be okay.

Hope I have helped...

A striker of mine got sent off after chasing down a defender and making a tackle like this:

[video=youtube;SkWZyX8lmVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkWZyX8lmVU[/video]

I slammed him in the following press conference, saying there's no place in football for those sorts of tackles and that he is definately missing out the next few matches. Then I fined him a week of wages, which he accepted and revealed he would improve his discipline. He was banned for 3 matches in total.

March 2014:
Flying through the league with my bayern squad, and have only lost one game in the league(1-6 v schalke) and am 1st, joint on points with schalke who have also only lost one game. I flew through the champions league, winning every group stage game 2-0 or 3-1. Played lyon and lost 2-1 in france but won 5-1 in munchen.at roughly october i had a massive injury crisis in which my dl, dc, mc, mc, aml, amr, stc, stc of the first team all got injured as did my sub striker, nilmar and midfielder, muller. It was kaos so i bought berbetov, santa cruz, klose of the free transfer list and played a 3 man attack squad. Bought gotze and hamsik for €120 m and €30 m respectively in january meaning i have the perfect squad but no money. Dortmund wanted €210m for gotze but i got it down quite a bit. My team now is
Gk: neuer
Dr: ramos
Dc: rakitskiy
Dc: kompany
Dl: lahm
Mc: fabregas
Mc, schweini( inj) / hamsik
Amr: robben
Aml: gotze / ribery( inj)
Stc: aguero
Stc: gomez( inj) /nilmar(inj)/ klose