FM 2012 Progress - How is your game going?

Don't think you are cheating, it's similar to my game... Just posting cause you say you bought and released a lot of players... You are actually doing pretty good with player management I suppose, I think I might have bought and released too many players... (124 bought, 42 sold and 101 released (H))

View attachment 214724

Yeah but it looks to have worked one way because your win percentage is good. It seems like a very similar game to mine ! the only difference is that you have played longer

I have just been promoted to thre prem with york ! :D I beat Portsmouth in the final on penalties. Now looking forward to the prem and actually having some money to spend !! as in other seasons all I had was a decent wage budget and nothing to spend but now I have been promoted to the top division the board have set initial budgets of 16 million transfer budget and a wage budget of 110k :) although i still wont be getting away from some cheap bargains ;)

View attachment 215279 View attachment 215280

View attachment 215519 my second season with birmingham few good signings sitting in 9th quite comfortable should get europe this season or next with a bit of luck need a good striker tho in january ..... oliver bierrhoff is the new owner of the club lol

View attachment 215519 my second season with birmingham few good signings sitting in 9th quite comfortable should get europe this season or next with a bit of luck need a good striker tho in january ..... oliver bierrhoff is the new owner of the club lol
For Striker why dont u see the relageted clubs and see if they have good cheap strikers if not look for loans

for some reason even after getting promoted and getting to the quarter final of all cups including uefa cup i couldnt attract any decent players. new board just give me a extra 15 mill to spend tho so im sure ill get one decent striker :)

Started at Salthill in the Irish First division, finished 10th first season (record), second season with them I finished 7th, obvious improvement. Grimsby approach me so I accept but currently struggling with them and their ridiculous financial mess! Started the season off with a 3 - 2 win but have lost the following 3 games by 3 or more goals, being the favourite to win...

i had a tuff choice to make sign andy carroll who's desperate to leave liverpool but wanted 71k a week or sign danny wellbeck on 24 grand a week...... i chose wellbeck bad choice??

Just bought Sevilla 4-1 with my Chelsea side whose average age for that game was less than 22 years old. Only taken two seasons to get it down to that age :)

Still in the 2013/2014 campaign... my team was mainly inconsistent in front of the opponent's goal and I don't score often.

But some tactical asjustments with Target Man Siem de Jong who is playing at AMC makes life a lot easier. I lost to Liverpool in the semi finals of the League Cup 5-2 on aggregate (3-0@Anfield and 2-2@Elland Road), but managed some good results in the campaign so I'm still in competion for the 6th place. In the FA Cup I escaped Bristol City with a very lucky 2-2 draw and managed a 2-2 at home vs. them... in overtime my team started clicking and I advanced with a 5-2 result.

After that everything went smoother 1-0 at home vs. Chelsea, 4-2 @Fulham, 2-2 vs. Tottenham and then the biggest upset in FA Cup history ;)... a 4-0 home victory against Chelsea London in the 5th round. Now I draw Southhampton at home and I have a good chance of bringing back Leeds United back to Europe.

Am I the worst manager?

I promoted in the 1st season with Vfl Bochum from 2. Bundesliga to the 1. Bundesliga. Saved myself in the 1st season in the big league managed to produce an upset beating up Dortmund 2-0. I went to the playoff and won. 2nd season I finished 13th and I was the runner up in the DFB Pokal (German Cup) and I should have done better at not conceding so many goals. Now in the 3rd season in the Bundesliga I still haven't found the proper tactics to move from the bottom half of the top. I added a screenshot history and if you guys have any pointers I'm willing to listen to anything really.
View attachment 215668View attachment 215669View attachment 215670View attachment 215671View attachment 215673

Last edited:
Leeds is doing very well in my campaign... two games before the end of the season we are 6th in the PL (no chance for rank 5 however and only because of the better goal margin before Everton... and rank 10 is only two points away) and advanced to the FA Cup Final thanks to a late counter attack (running three attackers on two defenders) goal from Tom Cairney (Ex-Hull) resulted in the only goal versus Arsenal London. Now we face Blackburn in the final and the team is hot at the moment... winning all of the last four league games by a score of 12-2 goals.

I sure hope we can make it to Europe and I can spend big money on the transfer market.

Not well-formed (invalid Token) at line 1 of floating_league_table_state_changed.xml need help getting rid of it

After blowing away the league for over half the season my Arsenal team began to lose momentum towards the end, with 3 consecutive ties, a win to relegate Cardiff, and a loss to Chelsea to set up a title showdown with Man Utd at home! Things were tied 1-1 midway through the first-half when Patrice Evra decided to give Theo Walcott an elbow to the face, then cleverly got red-carded for a football tackle near the sidelines (he took sagna out!), and we got the goal we needed to secure the premier league for a second straight season. :)

After blowing away the league for over half the season my Arsenal team began to lose momentum towards the end, with 3 consecutive ties, a win to relegate Cardiff, and a loss to Chelsea to set up a title showdown with Man Utd at home! Things were tied 1-1 midway through the first-half when Patrice Evra decided to give Theo Walcott an elbow to the face, then cleverly got red-carded for a football tackle near the sidelines (he took sagna out!), and we got the goal we needed to secure the premier league for a second straight season. :)

haha i my first season, my last game was against ManU, and i was 1point away from them. it was mU at 1st with me as arsenal at second.

but good for u that u get to retain the crown for the second time running. my second season is some season i want to forget. :mad:

Currently 8th year at dinamo bucharest. Last season was the best i had, 2 draws with man u in ucl and was close to finish second in a group with man u, dortmund and rubin kazan. I finished 3rd with 7 points, 2 behind united and qualified for europa league hoping to pass the firt knockout round. I did it against metalist kharkiv (spell) after 2 draws, won a surprising draw vs stuttgart, made a memorable comeback from 2-0 against rc lens in the quarters and eventually lost in semifinals against napoli on a 3-2 aggregate beeing only 15 minutes away from playing the final. Nonetheless it was my best performance in europe in 7 years and im hoping to surpass it this year but in champions league:p

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

I promoted in the 1st season with Vfl Bochum from 2. Bundesliga to the 1. Bundesliga. Saved myself in the 1st season in the big league managed to produce an upset beating up Dortmund 2-0. I went to the playoff and won. 2nd season I finished 13th and I was the runner up in the DFB Pokal (German Cup) and I should have done better at not conceding so many goals. Now in the 3rd season in the Bundesliga I still haven't found the proper tactics to move from the bottom half of the top. I added a screenshot history and if you guys have any pointers I'm willing to listen to anything really.
View attachment 215668View attachment 215669View attachment 215670View attachment 215671View attachment 215673

German League grants good money, no matter your position. So first of all, get some good scouts, find some high potential youngsters (either regens or go to one of the wonderkids lists in the forum)...

Always invest in the Stadium, Training/Youth Facilities and recruitment when you can...

As you asked about tactics, you have to find what works for you and your team. In my case:
- I have my team train 4-1-2-1-2, 4-3-1-2 and 4-4-2, but I get pounded if I ever switch from 4-1-2-1-2.
- I play Control strategy and win a lot, but if I ever switch to Attacking, even if fully trained, I lose to lower league teams
- I use mixed passing style, sometimes I try to train the team and use direct passes, but that just never works... I also hear most people say their teams play better with short passing.
- I play a normal defense line, if I ever tell them to push up, I take a lot of goals and get defeated, and so on...
You just have to find what works for you, and maybe what I said can help a little.