I just don't get it? Have you got to be quality to use this formation or something...?

Does not work for me. :(

The tactic was going amazingly good for me, scoring lots of goals and everything and then after the 2nd season with this tactic,I think the ME managed to find a way around the tactic and it isn't as effective anymore :(

trying with sunderland now not looking good so far

View attachment 1064675

Just 3 words for you my friend: morale, morale and morale.
Set some midweek friendlies with any very weak oppostion, trash them to get the team morale up.
Do this whenever you can, but mainly after a defeat. Don't forget to use your main team in this games, as the first eleven will get the better improvement to their morale. You can just simulate match, so no time consumed.
Just by looking at your calendar I would have squezed one of this after Southampton, Palace, WBA and Tottenham.
Once you start winning games you can rest more, as the league wins are already doing the job concerning morale.
Trust me, with this tactic there's no way you can fail...

Just 3 words for you my friend: morale, morale and morale.
Set some midweek friendlies with any very weak oppostion, trash them to get the team morale up.
Do this whenever you can, but mainly after a defeat. Don't forget to use your main team in this games, as the first eleven will get the better improvement to their morale. You can just simulate match, so no time consumed.
Just by looking at your calendar I would have squezed one of this after Southampton, Palace, WBA and Tottenham.
Once you start winning games you can rest more, as the league wins are already doing the job concerning morale.
Trust me, with this tactic there's no way you can fail...

But even so, if you are still facing problems just use my "magic" tweak, I actually just transformed the formation in the original formation of the famous DIABLO tactic from 12/13 years ago. Try it.
View attachment 139991View attachment 139987
View attachment 139990

(PS: I'm joking about being "magic", I don't think it is generally better than the original, but it seems to work better if you are the underdog, playing away or holding to a result, and it was fun to re-create the diablo formation from the old days)

Last edited:
Tried it with Stoke, didnt make any major signings and added my own staff:

First season: 5th (Holidayed)
Second season: 2nd (Holidayed)

currently in the 3rd season where I have now made some signings for the better, fingers crossed.

But even so, if you are still facing problems just use my "magic" tweak, I actually just transformed the formation in the original formation of the famous DIABLO tactic from 12/13 years ago. Try it.
View attachment 1064739View attachment 1064743
View attachment 1064740

(PS: I'm joking about being "magic", I don't think it is generally better than the original, but it seems to work better if you are the underdog, playing away or holding to a result, and it was fun to re-create the diablo formation from the old days)

Do you remember what game diablo was created for?

Do you remember what game diablo was created for?

It was for Championship Manager 03/04. And what you can see on the screen posted by dimartino is not original Diablo for sure, but close enough. Formation matches.

I do remember in that year that I started playing after dinner, went to bed at 5 am to be at work at 8 am! That tactic really stole my life. lol But my CM/FM memory gets a little hazy, as I started playing the series since its very beginning.

It was for Championship Manager 03/04. And what you can see on the screen posted by dimartino is not original Diablo for sure, but close enough. Formation matches.

Yeah, got the pic from somewhere in the web, but can't really tell the version of the game in the pic. I do recall the big arrow in the MC in the original one.

I actually stopped playing cm 03/04 because of this tactic... It was way too easy to overachive with any team

I actually stopped playing cm 03/04 because of this tactic... It was way too easy to overachive with any team

I stopped playing the first CM (I think it was back in 1993) because of this one. You won every match, no matter what, with 7-0 results. It would be fun if someone tried to recreate it.
View attachment 139790

This tactic is too good. It's not even half time yet and i've scored 9 goals so far. Send help, or im gonna be stuck watching this game play out for whole 90 minutes!

View attachment 139789

Edit: Game is over now. Finally! Final score 0-15. First half goals: 13.

Last edited:
I stopped playing the first CM (I think it was back in 1993) because of this one. You won every match, no matter what, with 7-0 results. It would be fun if someone tried to recreate it.
View attachment 1064954

I remember that cm 95 on Amiga and cm 97/98 on PC You could play without a GK;) especially on 97/98 computer always puts DL or any defender from left side in to goal and he was getting best ratings in the team every match;)

guys guys stop saying diablo tactic, I'll end up looking through very old back up cds as i know i had one named diablo - Used it all the way into FM 05 - Got Brøndby IF to a first season Euro final with it :D.
Also had a killer tactic for CM 01/02, no matter what team it were used on it set the team on fire. Same goes for my first CM - CM Italia '95 on ye old Amiga, 4 defenders, 2 cm, 1 am and 3 strikers, made the most lousy team in seria A first season champions xD