Transfers in season 2

Well the great spend is over especially as finished season in the red so have had to tighten the belt, done a shrewd bit of business with Mohammed Diame coming in for 3.5 mil on minimum release clause and sold Mulumbu for 20miil to Ac Milan for same type of player and ability. other than that freebies and loans to bulk up the squad!

View attachment 318459

Woops, I did the same thing in dipping into my wage budget. I overpaid for some players but I wanted to make sure I got some impact players to give me the best chance in my first season. Here are my signings. Only played one league game so far - a 4-0 win against Fulham. I'll post more when I make more progress. This is a fun challenge, BTW. Thanks for posting it :)

View attachment 318557View attachment 318558

i think i ve put together a good team we will see what goes wrong and fix it in january! for now 2 losses 2 wins

end of season 2. 4th place. 26 million in the bank after prize money. Champions league next season so lots of $$$ from tv revenue

not sure how much longevity this challenge has got, are we allowed to buy players with monthly installments after the first season has finished ??? Ive played 2 seasons and paid for players outright (or loans) but theres little hope a club can be sustained long term without being able to do that

View attachment 319667

Skywalker 79 put me onto this challenge. Got 11 games left in my 1st season on this. Spent the whole 200m before season an was given another 308m to spend in jan..... i spent about 60mil... with a balance of -105m with 240m to spend lol. Currently in 3rd 10pts off man u in 1st so winning league is doubtful. Just won league cup final tho so happy days. Here is the screenshot... View attachment 320044

I would say for people starting this to just buy quality and not worry about depth too much. No FA Cup so you don't get too much conjestion. All ya need is Main players and a few players that can play in multiple positions. Fair enough I had a game with only 2 subs so signed youngsters in jan but it is not worth buying rubbish for the sake of it. I wasted 15m on Derek Boateng knowing he would just be for backup and barely played him, but bought Landon Donovan for 7m and played him alot cos of his versatility.

Just started this earlier and I'm currently 4th after 6 games, which isn't too bad considering my first 3 games were Man City , Spurs and Arsenal.

Transfers:
Transfers_zps63e9041f.png

good little squad you got there mate mixture of experienced and young players

1st 2 league games went 1-1 with WBA and 2-0 (W) v Fulham. Enjoyable thus far.

about to start this, looks interesting. new to the fm base forum how do i upload the screenshots once im done?

signings

View attachment 320692 Just about to start the season and here are my signings,

got carried away with the money, but got a strong defensive pairing i hope with lots of flair going forward and hopefully bent can find the form of old.

Just a quick question, why does it say to only load up the Premiership? Will the database not work with the lower leagues as well. Just thought it makes the game more realistic to have those divisions active in case of disaster and relegation (fingers crossed this will not happen!)

I am gonna start over and only spend money for 5 key players, the rest will be free agents and loans :). Lets see how that goes...

Last edited: