Failed miserably, sacked by November. very embarrassing .....

I have spent £218 million in total after a reallocation of the wage budget.

Here's my team, minus Malouda, on loan from Chelsea - just realized that hasn't been finalized yet.

View attachment 321822

I think I have a good spine here and will hopefully be able to make a strong challenge for the top 4 spots. Could be overly optimistic, but I'm especially happy with my midfield of Griezmann, Nem, Costa and Poli, Wanyama is no slouch either.

I may have paid over the odds for Abdennour (CD) at 19.5mill, but I needed a pacey defender with ability and found that position a little difficult to fill. I think he's quality though.

Bent and Abel Hernandez up front. 8.25mill for bent seems like a good price to me. Hernandez has bags of potential and Kadlec is not shy of a few goals.

I would like to add another one or two loanees to provide back-up/rotation and reduce the risk of injuries to my stars.

I will provide an update on my progress in due course. I might also share with you my tactics - depending on the success - as these players were all bought with 2 very specific formations in mind.

EDIT:
Added Shay Given GK 875K and my man Radja Nainggolan for 10.5M - I couldn't resist him when he was listed and that price is a steal.

A good start to the season so far, played 5, won 4, lost 1. Joint 2nd place - 4 other teams share 12pts. I'm not entirely confident though. The trick will be damage limitation when we draw/lose because the team's morale is easily affected. it's like their self-belief hangs by a thread.

Finances look like a dog's dinner. Nearing the end of September and I'm 25M in debt.

Last edited:
I love this challenge, started it, but I have one quiery. If you qualify for Europe in the first season, how do you get the players that trained at the clud for 3 years while their 18th and 21st birthdays?

So these are the transfers I have made. 186M isn't a bad spend, considering some of the players I brought in:

View attachment 325519

There are quite a few centre backs in there, the fact that I use 3 at the back means I need a lot of cover. I was still building the team while the first couple of games were being played, and a few CB's got injured, thats why i had to buy a few on deadline day. I paid large fees for Martin Kelly (11m) and Ashley Williams (15m), but I'm confident these will be worth every penny.

As for strikers, I only signed hooper and fierro; not a lot but ive got some good attacking mids who can chip in with a few goals. Besides these strikers could arguably get at least 10 goals + .

I paid a large amount on Wellington Nem, but he seems to be held in high regard by most, so I followed suit.

All in all, I have a good feeling this is a nice set of transfers. The trouble I had at the start was still building the team after the first couple of games, So some hard results came in. After 2 league games: L v Everton 5-1, L v Chelsea 4-2.

Update:
W v Newcastle 3-1. things may be looking up.

So I sit in 16 th, 4th rnd in the League Cup.

Love the sound of this challenge its loading as i type will keep you updated.

I'm just about to start this challenge, will post some screenshots soon!

in the challenge is it ok to move funds to the to and from the wage bill?

Come on!!!!!!

Ok here is my transfers.

Cant believe I have Demba Ba, Ed Vargas and Abel Hernandez up front. Got a few million left and if I transfer some funds from the wage budget may get up to about $30 million which I will buy some young players.

View attachment 341095

Ive downloaded this a few times an place it in the correct folder etc yet nothing happens and the game don't make the changes for me to play this challenge. Any idea's?

So my laptop had broken so I couldn't play FM for ages. Just got a new one so will start again :)

Ive downloaded this a few times an place it in the correct folder etc yet nothing happens and the game don't make the changes for me to play this challenge. Any idea's?

i know it maybe late but late is better then never but once you have downloaded the challenge place it into the fm13 folder from there you put it in the editor data folder once your in the game and you know when your choosing your leagues at the top it should say editor data files then you should be able to see the challenge in there and tick it then hopefully it works hope this helps;)