FM Base Challenge of the Month 5 (September)

Haha nice, as a Liverpool fan it is always nice to see the toffees deafeated even if it is only on FM lol

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Ive Been Beaten :p nice attempt mate

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Here is my game :D
ino im not the creator of this thread but any chance of a screenshot of turner in defence please?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Ive Been Beaten :p nice attempt mate

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

ino im not the creator of this thread but any chance of a screenshot of turner in defence please?

Sure. (H)

dont take this to offence but that seems a few to many goals for a centre back?

dont take this to offence but that seems a few to many goals for a centre back?

look at his jumping and heading. My corner takers targets him, so he scored some goals like that. He is also my penalty taker. Combine those two, and it's not unusual. :)

what tactic you using and no dont worry im not going to rob it?

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

hes my penalty taker an he only gets 1 or 2 a season?

what tactic you using and no dont worry im not going to rob it?

I'm not worried about stealing.. It's better if I have more good players to compare to.. :)

I'm using 4-4-2 diamond...rigid, standard, cautious tackling, with more pressing.
narrow, counter-attack on. Sometimes I would put Badelj and Affelay more narrow as deep-lying playmakers.

GK - Gordon
DR - Hutton (wingback auto)
DL - Rat (also wingback)
DC - Turner (central defend)
DC - Kilgallon (limited cover)
DM - Cana (anchor man)
MR - Badelj (wide att)
ML - Affelay (winger att)
AMC - Buonanotte/Paulo Henrique (trequartista)
ST - Bent (poacher)
ST - Jones/Boriello (target man)

i can never do well with a 4-4-2 its a fact :)

You'd have to bring in some quality AMC, this is the vital role. I played two games without Buonanotte or Paulo Henrique and lost both.

Turner was my best player, even though Bent scored a lot of goals. He's always consistent, i don't think he even missed one penalty in all my tries.

ahhhh fair point mate didnt want you getting the result void because they thought you'd done the corner exploit :)

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

starting this agen for the 14th time :mad: was on track for a 6 before i got 4 red card in 2 games :mad:

As interest in the C-o-t-M appears to be on the wane, and that is unlikely to improve given that a new version of Football Manager is going to be released soon, I am bringing the competition to a close.

This month's challenge is still up and running, but it will be the last that I create for some time.

I hope everyone who has particpated in the challenges to date has enjoyed playing them as much as I enjoyed creating them.

And remember, there are still five days left before CotM 5 closes!

Last edited:
Congratulations madmonkey you are this month's challenge champion!

That's it for this competition for me now, thanks to everyone who has entered - I hope you had fun! :)