FM Base Challenge of the Month 5 (September)

Sorry bud, the rules state no edits, because changes have been applied this has the potential to change the playing field by altering the way other teams are set up. :S
Fair enough, rules are rules. I don't really want to start this challenge all over again but I'll definitely do next months mate. Any idea what it is?

Fair enough, rules are rules. I don't really want to start this challenge all over again but I'll definitely do next months mate. Any idea what it is?

Sorry bud, if you post your results I will add your effort to the leaderboard with a disclaimer. Shame to see the efforts go to a complete waste. :)

I do have a few ideas for the next months challenge, after which they'll probably be a break for one month when FM2011 comes out.

any new signing any1 can suggest

Marco Borriello and Mohamadou Diarra are always popular signings, and Coentrao on the left wing.

Any1 Got any good ways to stop yellow cards and reds cards?

set tackling to easy, use atactic that doesn't require a lot of tackling, thats what i did, but icant give away all my secrets else you might beat me!

Started playing..nice challenge, mate.
At first, I had trouble with Cana and Cattermole and their aggression. But I dealt with it by leaving Cattermole on the bench :D
Doing good, so far. Lost only against Arsenal 1-0, bear Chelsea 3-0. 3rd position :)
Bought 4 players - Razvan Rat (great free-kicks), Diego Buonanotte, Milan Badelj and Marco Boriello. I didn't sell anybody, only returned Benjani.

set tackling to easy, use atactic that doesn't require a lot of tackling, thats what i did, but icant give away all my secrets else you might beat me!
O dang gonna give this its 5th attempt :L

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:24 PM ----------

is no body else trying this ? might come second in my 1st ever challenge and the attempt get harder and harder :/

just finished the challenge, 6 lives left. Finished third, point behind L'pool (77), same as Man C (76). I could have won the title, but was unlucky during Christmas hollidays. Buonanotte became unavailable due to medical reasons, and some other midfielders were injured also.
I might give it another try, so I'll post screenshots after I try it again.
think I sorted the tactics at the end of the season (undefeated since 24.2)

OK I bow down to this challenge. It has defeated me. I can't stop conceding and already have 29 yellow cards.

Last edited:
qucik question scouse2006 how did you get all that money before january cus even with 48month installments that near impossible

I paid 0 up front, I still have my 5.25m budget that they gave me for a mid table finish.

I am finding this **** near impossible, not even half way through the season and lost 3 lives already. I think I am going to be beaten by this one. So frustrating.

I'm confused then. Although, it kept cancelling some of my transfer saying I didn't have the money but when I made same offer again it wouldn't get cancelled?