FM-BASE Community Project- Tiki Taka.

Liam

Reaction score
How is it that the most popular tactic in modern football is yet to be perfected on FM13?
Interesting question? I thought so too, want my perspective?

A lot of people don't understand the principles of Tiki Taka. They assume it's all gung ho, high pressing and fast passing. Wrong. It's about slow and patient build up play with the ball, and a tactically adept zonal marking technique based on slight pressing and narrowing the opposition's space and angles. Right.

So moving on, I suggest as a community we build a true Tiki Taka tactic. I'm not saying I can do this alone, which is why I am here. I'd probably manage it but it'd probably leak goals or something ****** like that. ;)

So, I want as many suggestions in comments here, then we'll work towards a few beta tactics, and hopefully within a week, we'll have the finished project.

How is it that the most popular tactic in modern football is yet to be perfected on FM13?
Interesting question? I thought so too, want my perspective?

A lot of people don't understand the principles of Tiki Taka. They assume it's all gung ho, high pressing and fast passing. Wrong. It's about slow and patient build up play with the ball, and a tactically adept zonal marking technique based on slight pressing and narrowing the opposition's space and angles. Right.

So moving on, I suggest as a community we build a true Tiki Taka tactic. I'm not saying I can do this alone, which is why I am here. I'd probably manage it but it'd probably leak goals or something ****** like that. ;)

So, I want as many suggestions in comments here, then we'll work towards a few beta tactics, and hopefully within a week, we'll have the finished project.
a classic tactic should be a start I checked with all my tactics and the classic ones are the best for such a tactic i think.
other thing is to find the balance between the really defensive mentality that should keep the ball and between a really attacking mentality that should create goals and pressurise the opponent higher up the field. i'm trying desperately with no success.

a classic tactic should be a start I checked with all my tactics and the classic ones are the best for such a tactic i think.
other thing is to find the balance between the really defensive mentality that should keep the ball and between a really attacking mentality that should create goals and pressurise the opponent higher up the field. i'm trying desperately with no success.

I had a feeling we'd have to use the classic tactic creator. ****. :p

Either way, I'm going to start a fresh Arsenal save, sign Suarez, Gundogan, Bender and Dede. And attempt to perfect it, will upload all progress to be played about with.

Having the following on Mixed allows for the players to have freedom and unpredictability about their play and looks amazing.

- Run With Ball
- Forward Runs
- Through Balls
- Long Shots
- Cross Ball

A tactic a while back used this, called Tik-Tak MAGICK

I had a feeling we'd have to use the classic tactic creator. ****. :p

Either way, I'm going to start a fresh Arsenal save, sign Suarez, Gundogan, Bender and Dede. And attempt to perfect it, will upload all progress to be played about with.
I think we should open a save with a low team to test the tactic too and to make it suit every team. I think its possible

To play the Barca style you need genuinely good players with very high teamwork/anticipation/passing/decisions, for any old team to do it, maybe you have to just select a huge pitch and select a formation which always leaves your defence somewhere to get the ball before they're closed down.

Modify the goalkeeper distribution to a deep defender, for the defence, hold up ball so they have longer to make a decision, the put the midfield on "rarely" run with ball and to roam a lot from their positions, and attack on "often" run from deep, so the key here is to always allow your players to move into the open spaces.

I also find it helps to train the players in the individual moves such as "switch possession to other flank" (most can learn this), "play short simple passes" and "look for pass instead of the shot", etc., to help recycle possession when you get too far up the pitch and have nowhere left to go but shoot/pass backwards

Except with classic you can't use shouts, which are actually relatively important.

Yeah, but I was referring to the comment about tactics using the classic tactic mode are " better".

Yeah, but I was referring to the comment about tactics using the classic tactic mode are " better".
I am not saying that because I know it is better for sure..if you'll check i said that i think it should be better because from what i checked it had a better result.
About the tactic now again because I think we should focus on building it..what formation you will use?

I am not saying that because I know it is better for sure..if you'll check i said that i think it should be better because from what i checked it had a better result.
About the tactic now again because I think we should focus on building it..what formation you will use?

Got to be 4-2-3-1

Have you found that works best for possession? I always thought 4-1-3-2(IF's playing in the aml/amr slots)-1 was the way to go?

Your preference really, also depends on the players u have at your disposal

Wingers or inside forward would work but needs the right mix with if's because u don't want the centre to cramped with them cutting in all the time

Have you found that works best for possession? I always thought 4-1-3-2(IF's playing in the aml/amr slots)-1 was the way to go?

Wide play explanation:

Normal - should mean up and down the wing in a straightish line
Hug touchline - should have the player as close to the touchline as possible. also it makes the wide player run towards the touchline instead of taking the best route
Cut inside is best for a right footed player playing on the left or left on the right and allows him to run towards the middle from out wide so he can either shoot or play a pass in

I
suggest to play Wingers, IF´s on cut inside or hug touchline play because i think this year fm don´t use move into channels like it they mean to be

Last edited:
Wide play explanation:

Normal - should mean up and down the wing in a straightish line
Hug touchline - should have the player as close to the touchline as possible. also it makes the wide player run towards the touchline instead of taking the best route
Cut inside is best for a right footed player playing on the left or left on the right and allows him to run towards the middle from out wide so he can either shoot or play a pass in

I
suggest to play Wingers, IF´s on cut inside or hug touchline play because i think this year fm don´t use move into channels like it they mean to be

What about move into channels?

Having the following on Mixed allows for the players to have freedom and unpredictability about their play and looks amazing.

- Run With Ball
- Forward Runs
- Through Balls
- Long Shots
- Cross Ball

A tactic a while back used this, called Tik-Tak MAGICK

What do u mean by having the following on mixed? Do u mean all set to sometimes on the instruction bars?

That tactic was insane for passes I remember having over a 1000 total passes some games.....and a lot of 0-0 unfortunately.
I would switch to full match highlights and two players would literally stand next to each other passing the ball to each other like 10 times but not actually going anywhere hence the huge pass numbers.

I remember someone made a striker tweak version, won the league with NUFC in the first season, always got 60%+ possession as well.