FM-Base FC £80million Challenge is Here

4-1-2-1-2

GK - Carlo Cudicini - 6 Mil - Tottenham | Oscar Ustari - 5.25 Mil - Getafe | Adam Federici - 3.2 Mil - Reading
DR - Dirk Marcellis - 5.25 Mil - PSV (DC) | Ryan Taylor - 3.7 Mil - Newcastle
DL - Luca Antonini - 275 K - AC Milan (DR) | Javier Garrido - 2.1 Mil - Man City
DC - Rob Wielaert - 7.75 Mil - Ajax (DR) | Eddie Nolan - 2.7 Mil - PNE (DL/R)
DC - David Mendes da Silva - 5.5 Mil - AZ (DM/MC) | Frederick Stoor - 2.5 Mil - Fulham (DL/R)
DM - Fernando Gago - 4.8 Mil - Real Madrid (MC)
MC - Andranik - 1.4 Mil - Fulham (DM) | Brett Holman - 5.5 Mil - AZ (AM)
MC - Fabrice Muamba - Ln Fee 1.5 Mil - Bolton (DM)
AM - Ismael Aissati - 8.75 Mil - Ajax (MC) | Ludovic Giuly - 4.5 Mil - PSG (ST)
ST - Artem Milevskyi - 4.7 Mil - Dinamo Kiev | Caleb Folan - 1.8 Mil - Hull | Danko Lazovic - 2.8 Mil - PSV
ST - Andre Pierre Gignac - 7 Mil - Toulouse | Jose Maria Callejon - 2.1 Mil - Espanyol (AM) | Yannis Tafer - Ln Fee 1.3 Mil - Lyon

Total - 87 Mil

Captain - David Mendes da Silva
Vice Captain - Brett Holman

Key Player I - Fernando Gago - Cheap, class, and should hold every defence to a world class ability
Key Player II - Artem Milevskyi & Andre Pierre Gignac - What a world class forward line, enough said ;)
Key Player III - Carlo Cudicini - The experienced goalkeeper is behind a BIT of a shaky defence so needs to be strong!

Not too happy with my midfield except Gago and Aissati, but strong attack and defence are good basis for a strong first season... hopefully.

So in my version I was not in the FA cup until 2011, is this the time a team has to be pro before they compete or an error with the db. Was just wondering. No problems really I got around the player registering problem by only registering 19 players, its once you hit the 20 mark it requires you to have eight HG etc. So i have a fair few under 21s that make up my squad but just another option rather than manager holiday. I wish i had known that the amount of saves i have ditched because i had taken a team up and got in to the CL and didnt have enough HG and HG at the club players. *GROAN* Great update though mate.
Oh and also the stadium is unexpandable as the local council would never allow it bigger than 40k
A bit of a pain for later down the line as its pretty much full from the off.

Collect lots of cash and build a new stadium.
Or use FMRTE to get some expansion capacity.

does the club start off empty?

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:45 PM ----------

does it?

Yeah basically

Its gets filled with regen players (Game generated youngsters) I got one decent one a 17 year old left back in my under 18s. I found that by far my youth team got much better regens than my first team and my reserve team only got 8 and they were all pooh too. You get a full training staff though nobody who can do fitness training and 14 coaches when the board only allows 12. So i either have to sack a souped-up Fm Base Forum staff (Who are totally bad *** staff) or do with out. I did with out.
All in all it took about three seasons to get a team I actually wanted and release/sell the garbage regens.

How would you go about editing that then to get it expandable, I dont want to make it bigger i want to do that the right way i just want the option.

i've downloaded it and the file format is .dbc
doesn't it have to be .xml?

In FM file terms, a .dbc is a compressed .xml - it's just smaller, and you can't edit it by hand, but you can save it as .xml again using the official editor.

Really love this idea and thanks for puttung the database together, my team is as follows:

GK - Guillermo Ochoa - £2.5million
GK - Vincent Enyeama - £900k

DR - Steven Taylor - £5million
DR - Dan Gosling - £6.75million
DL - Danny Wilson - £2.4million
DC - Nicolas Otamendi - £5.5million
DC - Jack Rodwell - £13.5million

DMC - Fernando Gago - £4.9million
DMC - Makoto Hasebe - £1.6million

AM - Steven Ireland - £15.75million
AM - Piotr Trochowski - £3.7million

AM/ST - Loic Remy - £12.25million
AM/ST - Ronnie Askey (ReGen) - Free

ST - Yannick Djalo - £800k
ST - Helder Postiga - £1.7million
ST - Andre-Pierre Gignac - £8million
ST - Romelo Lukaku - £10.25million
ST - Jemal Roberts - Free

Total Spending £95.5million - out of a £100million budget after I told the board I expected to finish in Continental Qualification.

On retrospect I have spent far too much on my attackers and am a little light on Defence - still have £4.5 million so looking at finding a decent left defender. Man Utd offered Fabio for £3.9million, would have been beautiful had he not decided to sign for someone else :'(

Ronnie Askey was one of the regens from my Youth Team - CA of 117 and PA of 177 so am expecting big things from him down the line.

Also, Jemal Roberts on a free was an absolute steal - CA of 140 and a PA of 187 :O Never heard of him or seen him in any of my other FM saved games so no idea if he is a ReGen, but his History includes playing for Minnesota Thunder followed by Llanelli with a combined 27 goals in 37 games between them.

8 Games into the season and I am sat comfortably in 15th position with a record of 3 Wins + 5 Losses and am also out of the League Cup so Continental Qualification may be a reach now...but we will see I guess!

You only bought 5 defenders?
Oh and my current saved game I guess how would i do it on that?

Yeah, as I said - on retrospect I should have bought a couple more but by the time I realised how short I was on Defence I was already 8 games into the season and transfer window had closed.

In the end I managed to make it through to January with no major issues, though Hasebe did have to play at RB on a couple of occasions so that I could switch Steven Taylor to an Unconvincing LB role.

Come January I managed to pick up Jose Angel for £6.5million, the majority of which had to be paid in installments. Also paid Real Madrid £250k for Daniel Opare in Jan as well as an extra backup/youth prospect.

It took a while for the team to properly gel and on 1st of January I was hovering around mid-table with 38 points and a record of 12 Wins, 2 Draws + 7 losses.

The second half of the year was a revelation with 13 Wins, 5 Draws and just 1 Loss giving me a total of 80 points and a final table as follows:

1st - Chelsea - 86pts
2nd - FM-Base FC - 80pts
3rd - Liverpool - 78pts
4th - Man Utd - 77pts (+48 GD)
5th - Spurs - 77pts (+41 GD)

Loic Remy just pipped Defoe to the Golden Boot with 26 Goals, but somehow managed to end up with 19 Assists as well.

after a pretty good first season of wining the carling cup and finishing mid table look what happens :D

picture.php

dont know if i should accept or not :S

i will built my team :)...very interesting

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

gk
muslera
areola

d
apam
muniesa
maduro
antonini
garrido
contento

m
gosling
rodwell
posseborn
noble
matt james
diaby
verratti
wilshere

f
kadlec
delfouneso
neymar
lazarus

all players under-25 year old and i also want to get wague from le mans but he moved to liverpool lol
chelsea 0-0
bolton 2-2
arsenal 0-0
already finished 3 matches

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:24 PM ----------

1.chelsea
2.everton
3.arsenal
4.tottenham
5.liverpool
6.manchester utd
7.bolton
8.manchester city
9.fm base fc

This is how my team is looking so far... need a few more backup players though.

2ypc11x.png