FM-Base FC £80million Challenge is Here

I downloaded this "80 Million Challenge" beggining of the week, i have been well impressed i have managed to surprise myself a little being in the top 6 at christmas with a depleted squad, great challenge and would recomend to any FM-Base user.
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

You can't link to files on your own harddisk :p

Going to give this a go now, bored of my other games for the mo :)

Any recommended cheap signings people have made?

GK Federico Vilar for ~1.6 mil, Ochoa if you can get him for 4-5 mil
CB Kryvtsov for 2.5 mil (7.23 average rating), Mathias Jorgensen for 2.5 mil (7.00 average), Otamendi or Fazio for 8-9 mil, Jelle Van Damme (CB/LB) for 1.6 mil, Danny Wilson (CB/LB) for 2.8 mil (young enough to end up home-grown!)
SB Vargas (LB/AML) for 17 mil, Srna (RB/LB/RMF) for 17 mil, can loan Salihamidzic as backup, Tony Hibbert for 3 mil from the Everton reserves is a bit of a steal
DMC loan any of M Diarra, Gago, Vieira. buy any of Sandro (can cost 15 mil but is fantastic), Annan, Josué (never performs for me though), Hernanes (not useful as your sole DMC but great as all-around MC, also can cost 12-13 mil), Mario Bolatti for 525k is a steal
Wingers: Sebastian Blanco for 3.4 is alright, Krasic for 10 mil, Marlos for 550k, Vladimir Weiss for 900k, Eden Hazard for 15 mil (to get him homegrown)
AMC: can get Jadson on a free in January, Gourcuff for 20 mil
Strikers: Dzeko is still a steal at 23 mil, Milevskyi for 10 mil, Cardozo for 10-11 mil are all top; can also loan the likes of Benjani and Voronin
and you of course want 16 year old Romelu Lukaku for ~2.5 mil

Last edited:
so anyone know how to resolve the issue where if you un-tick the database when creating a new game, no games are scheduled?

There's the squad I built with the 80m, some of them in instalments though ;)(A), built to play 4-3-3 home and away, cardozo is the 2nd left winger, lennon is the 2nd right winger with 3 strikers available to play through the middle, with cardozo also able to fill in if required, another centre half is still to be purchased with a deal for skrtel looking like failing, im strugling for a fourth centre half, any ideas?

fmbase.jpg

Just beat Chelsea 2-1 in my first match, Kacar and Trochowski on the scoresheet!!

Great strike force! Power and pace in abundance.

There's the squad I built with the 80m, some of them in instalments though ;)(A), built to play 4-3-3 home and away, cardozo is the 2nd left winger, lennon is the 2nd right winger with 3 strikers available to play through the middle, with cardozo also able to fill in if required, another centre half is still to be purchased with a deal for skrtel looking like failing, im strugling for a fourth centre half, any ideas?

You really didn't save cash with those strikers. But lol Asamoah, what's the point of that? :p
Looked at Fazio, Kryvtsov, maybe Jorgensen (but he's kinda inconsistent), and Breno/Badstuber/Hummels/Westermann/Höwedes?

Samba from Blackburn also seems excellent. Djorou is often cheap.

You really didn't save cash with those strikers. But lol Asamoah, what's the point of that? :p
Looked at Fazio, Kryvtsov, maybe Jorgensen (but he's kinda inconsistent), and Breno/Badstuber/Hummels/Westermann/Höwedes?

Samba from Blackburn also seems excellent. Djorou is often cheap.

I looked at Djourou but Skrtel accepted my bid so I now have a complete squad, Asamoah was offered on a free by Shalke so I though may aswell, drew 3-3 in my first game vs Bolton was ahead 3 times so hopefully Skrtel can shore up my already leaky defence, what do you mean with 'You really didn't save cash with those strikers'?

people are still downloading this? feckmesideways.
i might dust off the editor soon and see if i can write another chapter into the FM-Base FC story. ;)

I looked at Djourou but Skrtel accepted my bid so I now have a complete squad, Asamoah was offered on a free by Shalke so I though may aswell, drew 3-3 in my first game vs Bolton was ahead 3 times so hopefully Skrtel can shore up my already leaky defence, what do you mean with 'You really didn't save cash with those strikers'?

That you have four world class centre forwards. I made do with three and some cheap loaned idiots. Then again I also spent a lot of cash on Gourcuff (he and Dzeko both get ~105k per week).

people are still downloading this? feckmesideways.
i might dust off the editor soon and see if i can write another chapter into the FM-Base FC story. ;)

i still use this database alot mate you are a legend for making this :)

im so excited! have began building my team up, 2 games in, won both against Hammers and Bolton 2-0 and 4-1 respectively, should i start a story about it?

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

fmbase.jpg

what year u in?

im so excited! have began building my team up, 2 games in, won both against Hammers and Bolton 2-0 and 4-1 respectively, should i start a story about it?

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

what year u in?

the screenshot is from the 5th of august 2009, it says in the bottom right hand corner;)

THIS IS SOO EASY...WON Champions league 2nd year and primer league 2 yrs in row...Nice try but next time change a lower division team in the blue square league..:D

interesting game....
bought a lot of young players for 10-15 million like Hazard, Dzeko,Defour and Alexis Sanchez
some i bought for 5-9 million like Carroll and Luis Garcia
A lot of them i got for free from the shortlist ive downloaded from here

heres my league standing and tactic used
btw the kits doesnt show up...
why??

Last edited:
I made a bunch of changes to this: massively increased the money available (~800 million) and the quality of the facilities (121860 all-seater in London), changed the colours of the first team a bit (see pic), added a second and third team that play in the Championship and League 2 respectively (think they should play in other countries instead? :p)...

FM10-80m-X.png

So you basically have created a new database taking the word challenge out of it..

So you basically have created a new database taking the word challenge out of it..

Sure. I managed to spent 1 billion on players, though. (and I wonder if my coach Hiddink can/will win the championship)
FM10-80m-X-isgudqm2.png

It's a compressed file. If you want to save a big file with lots of changes, the editor asks you if you don't want to save it as DBC instead of XML.
For example, japan.xml is 14104kb, but compressed as dbc it only is 192kb -- factor 73!