FM-Base Knockout Cup - Discussion and Sign-Up

Can i stake a claim for an unluckiest loser spot by virtue of getting that red card so early on by the way? ;)

Can i stake a claim for an unluckiest loser spot by virtue of getting that red card so early on by the way? ;)

you know what m8, ive got of a lot of fm saves atm i was prime contender to get it so u can take my spot if i did get it :)

you know what m8, ive got of a lot of fm saves atm i was prime contender to get it so u can take my spot if i did get it :)

I'd be more than happy to be able to advance, but only if you're sure, i wouldn't want to take it away from you if you want it, as you're definitely more deserving!

Lewie - 5 - 3 - Coolmcool

View attachment 235064

So while Lewie's Barcelona side boasted 5 new signings mine just had the one starting in the shape of Thiago Silva with Higuian on the bench.
I was using a similar starting 11 and tactic to when i started my Barca story but it didnt work at well as my Neymar had a mare and his netted a hattrick. Lewie played a brilliant counter attacking style of football hitting us on the break several times whilst Ter Stegen was poor for us getting beating at his near post twice whilst De Gea was amazing for Lewie.
Congratz to Lewie for much better tactics and an all round good performance, im also keen on the losers spot if its available.

I'd be more than happy to be able to advance, but only if you're sure, i wouldn't want to take it away from you if you want it, as you're definitely more deserving!
i think it should go to the nearest loser so next would be me on 5-3 Mwahahahah

:'( No complaints to be honest, i don't really deserve it haha.

I'll take it if it's there though! ;)
im not really that bothered i would only lose again! Someone will come in and lose 6-5 anyway now !

SaintMotbot 8 - 1 Yiliang99

View attachment 235015
A fantastic performance from the lads saw us run out 8-1 winners in what is a very flattering scoreline. A front four of Messi, Neymar, Hazard and Suarez proved to be just too much to cope with with Neymar notching 3 goals, Suarez scoring two and there was one each for Hazard, Suarez and Jordi Alba. I am not entirely sure if Yiliang was there for the whole match because it 6-0 I got a message saying he had to go, but agreeing that I had won the match which was a shame. The game seemed to play to full time anyway, final score.. 8-1.

View attachment 235014
I have removed his name from the conversation to protect his identity. Didn't seem fair to put it up for everybody to see. :p

Sounds like someone couldn't take their beating?...didn't want to stick around to the end ;P haha. I joke.

View attachment 234990

Disclaimer's Barcelona Dominate!

Disclaimer89 and Stonecold went toe to toe at 5AM on a cold Saturday morning. Both managers were anxious to get a win and progress to the second round of the KO tournament. Nobody wanted to get dumped out in the first round!

Kick Off
View attachment 234994

Instant Result..for those of you that are too lazy to read ;)

I would like to thank Stonecold for the game, which was played in great spirits and we had a laugh throughout...considering it was 5am! Haha.

The match was a lot closer than scoreline shows. Stonecold's Barca came so close on a few occasions which could have levelled things or even put him ahead....unfortunately for him Messi had an off day!

Anyway, onto the next round!

Last edited:

Disclaimer vs Stonecold
View attachment 234991
Well that hurt. Decided in my 1st online save of the year to go with my trusted attacking line up however disclaimer's and his crew of Barca boys and golden oldies were much more of a match than the AI. The 1st blow was struck by Disclaimer going for my biggest weakness the counter attack which struck us for 2 quick goals before half time leading us to go even more attacking which got us back into the game through everyone's favorite signing Hummels. But as made some tactical changes 2 minute later the scum of the earth Louie Suarez put it beyond us before Neymar got two for him and one for me in the last 15 minutes. Dont want to judge on one game as i've had no Online games till now but either my tactics got a lot more holes in it than before or my players really let me down. Messi & Suarez ended up with low 6's Neyamr was there too before the goal. Sad its over but disclaimer out thought me and was worthy of the win while i go back to the drawing board before the World Cup save!

May i add! Messi is a bag of ****!!!!​

Those two unlucky loser spots are actually really up in the air right now, looking at the results...

One match left to play of course, but so far in the tournament, the winning team has managed to score at least 5 goals.

So atm, with one game to go the lucky loser spots would go to coolmcool and thejoshster. As thejoshster is willing to give his spot away, the next lucky loser is currently tied between CraigWL and stonecold. If the result in the final game keeps this the same, would you two want a playoff game to decide who goes through?

So atm, with one game to go the lucky loser spots would go to coolmcool and thejoshster. As thejoshster is willing to give his spot away, the next lucky loser is currently tied between CraigWL and stonecold. If the result in the final game keeps this the same, would you two want a playoff game to decide who goes through?

Didn't Craig lose his with a man sent off? :p

When is the last game likely to be played because if im going to play in the loser spot tomorrow would be ideal for me

Well, crchamp is currently sorting his transfers out (hospital stuff) so it's whenever he's ready to play, also I will make the draw later tonight to hopefully speed the tournament up (I'll just put in 2 spots for lucky losers and they'll be filled when the round is over)