FM-Base Knockout Cup - Discussion and Sign-Up

Why am I the only one who can get teams to meet player's release clauses really easily?

OK, Less than 4 hours until the Transfer window finishes and I still need screenshots/teams from:
Myself :p (Just finishing off now, think I've made the most transfers :p)
DanosFC
Disclaimer89
Crchamp
RTvD

You won't be DQ'd if I don't get a screenshot, it just helps me know who is done and who I'm waiting for :p

You can arrange your matches now but they can't be played until tomorrow (00:00 GMT onwards), BOTH players must send the results screenshot or the result will not be valid.
Fixtures are on Page 3 (And soon will be in the OP)

OK, Less than 4 hours until the Transfer window finishes and I still need screenshots/teams from:
Myself :p (Just finishing off now, think I've made the most transfers :p)
DanosFC
Disclaimer89
Crchamp
RTvD

You won't be DQ'd if I don't get a screenshot, it just helps me know who is done and who I'm waiting for :p

You can arrange your matches now but they can't be played until tomorrow (00:00 GMT onwards), BOTH players must send the results screenshot or the result will not be valid.
Fixtures are on Page 3 (And soon will be in the OP)

Will post soon.

Hey mate. I won't be able to get on my laptop again tonight, but I'll send you my exported team as soon as I get home from work tomorrow

View attachment 235733
Fairly obvious who the Monthly Installments were used on :p Apart from Hazard and Hummels I went completely left-field with my signings, mainly so I have a strong bench for my game :D

Speaking of which,
Games may be played anytime from 00:00GMT tonight to the same time in a week - should all 6 games finish prior to then, obviously the round will be over.

Remember:
BOTH players need to send the result screenshot
The game should be played in the Versus Cup online mode
There are 2 Lucky Loser spots up for grabs - so a 5-4 loss is better than a 1-0 loss :p

GOOD LUCK!

There are 2 Lucky Loser spots up for grabs - so a 5-4 loss is better than a 1-0 loss :p
Yeh, so after saying that this just happened for my game against Josh :p

Thejoshster 4-5 AW190
View attachment 235496
Lineups:
AW190: Ter Stegen, Alba, Hummels, Pique, Alves, Rakitic, Iniesta, Neymar, Suarez, Hazard, Messi
Thejoshster: De Gea, Alba, Hummels, Pique, Alves, Mascherano, Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar, Suarez, Messi

We came sprinting out the blocks and De Gea made an early stop to deny Iniesta a goal within 50 seconds.
They couldn't handle us and within 3 minutes we were ahead, Suarez tapping past De Gea after good build up.
1-0 to me

Having seen no highlights of their attacks in the first 5 minutes, naturally their first attacking highlight was a goal - A superbly taken free-kick from Xavi. 1-1

The game then became more even as we took turns to attack, thejoshster's Barca slowly beginning to get more possesion and looking more dangerous when they came forward. Thus, in true football fashion, we scored the next goal. good work from Suarez enabled him to release Neymar who slotted it past De Gea. 2-1 to us and probably undeservedly so.

Half time was beckoning when they finally got a deserved equaliser, some neat buildup ending with Suarez smashing it past Ter Stegen at his near post. 2-2 and it stayed like that until HT, a great game so far.

At half time i made two changes as it felt (and looked, ratings wise and in the highlights) like we had two passengers: Alba and Messi - off they came, replaced by Nagatomo and Ganso.

7 minutes after half time and we are dominant, Hazard flying down the right and he combines well with Iniesta. The latter finds Suarez who darts past Pique and smashes the ball past a helpless De Gea. 3-2 to us, could we hold the lead for once?

The turning point was the 59th minute as Neymar was injured for thejoshster. Normally Pedro would be the replacement, but he wasn't on the bench xD The tactical reshuffle was great as Iniesta came off with Neymar, both replaced by full backs: Adriano and Montoya. This pushed Alba and Alves up to wingers, Suarez coming inside to play CAM in front of Xavi and Mascherano in centre mid...

This of course made them significantly weaker but we failed to capitalise until the 68th minute when Suarez completed his hattrick. Messi who? 4-2 to us

Just a minute later and Suarez was at it again, twisting and turning Montoya until he made the challenge and gave away the penalty. Up stepped Hazard - 5-2
Surely no way back for thejoshster now? But then again, I had watched the Super Cup IRL and they still had Messi and Suarez on so....

Their next two goals were similar, one came in from the left wing, the other from the right. Messi met the first one to make it 5-3 before the second one evaded everyone except Alba on the other side and he calmly volleyed into the net. 5-4 and still just under 10 minutes to go.

Our confidence was gone, we were just hanging on for the rest of the game. Messi scored with about 3 minutes left, but it was clearly offside and we held on... just.

So, AW190 (me) goes through and thejoshster is a good shout for a lucky loser spot - GG

ALSO, if DanosFC doesn't respond to Lewie100's PM by tomorrow evening, around 6/7pm GMT then he will be DQ'd for inactivity and the registration process will reopen for one player (to play Lewie100)

Apologies for the late post. Here are my transfers, and I'm doing my match versus CraigWL today.
View attachment 235177(Hazard is on monthly installments)

As i said, if DanosFC didn't respond then registration would reopen... he hasn't so:

Registration is now re-opened, the first user to express an interest and fill out the form below will be accepted.
The user who is accepted must then build their Barcelona team using the budget we set and play Lewie100 within the next 5 days.

Form
Days/Times available:
Preferred method of contact (If not PM then leave the username for the preferred platform)

EDIT: Registration Re-closed

Last edited:
Form

Days/Time Available -UK Mon-Sat 6pm til 11PM Sun 6am til 10am - 6pm til 10pm
Steam - Username - Coolmcool

So we have to take charge of Barca at the beginning of a save and have one transfer window to buy some players?

Form

Days/Time Available -UK Mon-Sat 6pm til 11PM Sun 6am til 10am - 6pm til 10pm
Steam - Username - Coolmcool

So we have to take charge of Barca at the beginning of a save and have one transfer window to buy some players?
Yeh, latest official update please. Use the editor to change their TB to £65m, wage budget remains the same. You can use monthly installments to buy one player - like I went for Hazard using it. Preferably post a screenshot on here of the transfers, just interested in who everyone bought :p Then play Lewie in Versus Cup online mode and post the result on the thread :) Is all that clear?

Yeh, latest official update please. Use the editor to change their TB to £65m, wage budget remains the same. You can use monthly installments to buy one player - like I went for Hazard using it. Preferably post a screenshot on here of the transfers, just interested in who everyone bought :p Then play Lewie in Versus Cup online mode and post the result on the thread :) Is all that clear?
yes man will try and get my transfers all sorted tonight

View attachment 235087

Last edited:
Ok, let me know as soon as you know for sure if you can or can't