FM Base Story of the Year

• Thread starter Thread starter *James*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 168
  • Views Views 12K
So we are nearly halfway through the nomination period and a fantastic 28 stories have been nominated in total. 11 stories have qualified so far, with Astonmatu's Cockfosters story leading the way with 12 nominations. Keep the nominations coming in! A week to go till the voting period begins.

Why dont stories appear on the most recent threads thing on the right anymore? This will affect story viewing.

Why dont stories appear on the most recent threads thing on the right anymore? This will affect story viewing.

True actually. Will consult the mods on this. ;)

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:08 PM ----------

Nominations have dried up a little, people. If you haven't already nommed, please do so. :)

How is the Cockfosters story better than Pompey Dan's, or Kris', or infact, any other story nominated. Seriously, how can that win?!?!?!?!

How is the Cockfosters story better than Pompey Dan's, or Kris', or infact, any other story nominated. Seriously, how can that win?!?!?!?!

He had the dedication to continue a story for 30 seasons. I didn't read it that often but still a great achievement even if he did cheat a bit.

Still in the nomination period.....

He had the dedication to continue a story for 30 seasons. I didn't read it that often but still a great achievement even if he did cheat a bit.

Doesn't detract from the fact it's a **** story.

Maybe so Frank, but its still only at the nomination stage, not the voting.

Mines still not qualified :(

Has it not? :O

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about..

I nominate: Jake's La Cultu Story

I'd like to vote for the following two stories...

A Hardman Winger -- The Career of Thierry Zvunka, by djh1878
Reaching Stella Heights, by fuelledbypassion.

Must admit, I haven't read all of the second story yet, but what I have read so far has been great :)

I'd like to vote for the following two stories...

A Hardman Winger -- The Career of Thierry Zvunka, by djh1878
Reaching Stella Heights, by fuelledbypassion.

Must admit, I haven't read all of the second story yet, but what I have read so far has been great :)

Haven't you already nominated?

Not unless my acocunt was hacked -- I wanted to wait to near the end of the nomination period so I could have a look through some of the stories before voting.

Just scanned through it all to save you the trouble James, he only commented once before and that was to day he needed a bit of time to think obout who he would vote for.

Just scanned through it all to save you the trouble James, he only commented once before and that was to day he needed a bit of time to think obout who he would vote for.

Ok cheers mate. :) Sorry for doubting, Carine. :)

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

NOMINATION PERIOD FINISHED.​

Well done to everyone who nominated, there were a fantastic 118 nominations cast, from presumably 59 nommers. A fantastic 28 stories were nominated in total.
Well done also to the 12 stories which qualified:

Cockfosters to Premier League by Astonmatu (13)
It's Hammertime! Can't Touch This! by Dan (10)
Being Bastian... (A Bayern Munich Story) by Carine, (9)
Tottenham - A Jolly good time! by Harry Ramsey (8)
Slaying the Dragons - The English Youth Academyby Eds 99 (7)
Emulating Sir Alex Ferguson: From East Stirlingshire to Old Trafford by KingEric (7)
Memoirs of a Slovak, by Kris ( 6)
Extracts from a Thought,by Mike. ( 6)
20 years, 19 seasons, a fresh start: The Premier League story by iNickStuff (6 )
Dan's East European Adventure by Pompey_Dan ( 6)
'The Last Train to Wales'- A Chris Turner Storyby Chris (5)
Cultural Leonesa:by Jake (5)​

Voting begins now and will last till the 16 October, so that is plenty of time. The poll will be up soon. Post when you vote as well, so the thread gets bumped and more will vote. Hopefully the voting stage will get an even better turnout than the nomination stage! Good luck to all of the stories. :)

Back