FM Base Story of the Year

• Thread starter Thread starter *James*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 168
  • Views Views 12K
Being Bastian by Carine
Slaying the dragons by Eds-99

Im gunna vote for Dans Hammertime and Harry-Ramsey's Tottenham a Jolly Good time. Look at mine guys and have a read too. Old but so much detail.

Can I make a suggestion, in that I think it would maybe be more effective if it was a knockout kind of thing instead of just general voting, because this way it encourages people to look at the stories more, and not just vote for the ones they nominated.

Can I make a suggestion, in that I think it would maybe be more effective if it was a knockout kind of thing instead of just general voting, because this way it encourages people to look at the stories more, and not just vote for the ones they nominated.

So are you suggesting like pitting two stories against each other to see who would progress through to the next round?

Changing rules halfway through a competition FTL.

James, keep the thread as it is mate. It's a great way to find out about popular stories that you might have missed. I'm really enjoying working my way through the list, there are some truely great efforts there. I hope others that have voted now take the time to look at some stories they've previously ignored, all of the entrants here deserve some credit imo. :)

Ok then, I will leave as it is. I can see where people are coming from, because people are just going to vote for the stories they nominated, so I'm thinking about letting people have only one vote, to vote for their most favourite story...

Wow thanx for the votes guys... I gotta go with Cockfosters though... Why are the red ones highlighted is it a qualifying thing?

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

sorry being a dumbass I read the O.P which explained it to me.

Emulating Sir Alex Ferguson: From East Stirlingshire to Old Trafford and Cockfosters to the prem are my two nominations

Well I'm gonna go ahead and vote for iNickStuff's "20 years, 19 seasons, a fresh start: The Premier League story". Honestly, ridiculous amounts of effort have been put into it.

Oh and by the way, despite this being my first post, I did not sign up just to vote for him, nor am I him just trying to get more votes.

Wtf?

Just saying the first bit would of been fine, lol.

Thank you for your vote nevertheless.

Last edited:
Ok then, I will leave as it is. I can see where people are coming from, because people are just going to vote for the stories they nominated, so I'm thinking about letting people have only one vote, to vote for their most favourite story...

Was just a suggestion :) It's fine as it is, I agree, I just thought it may discourage people from just voting the way they did in nominations. But giving people one vote each sounds a decent idea, don't know what others would think though.

Ok, Leaderboard fully updated now, with Astonmatu's Cockfosters story streaking away with 12 nominations, 7 of which have been completely uneccessary. Anyhow, its nice to see the addition of a new story in the form of King Eric's Ethiopia game.

I just never thought I would get six votes for my story.

It's only two weeks old, some of them are far more times older than it.

Surprised at the popularity of the Cockfosters story, considering he cheated.

Surprised at the popularity of the Cockfosters story, considering he cheated.

did he? plus the ridiculous set up of the story, screen shots and horrible fonts, both size and colour set up like a ****** with glue and a pen.

did he? plus the ridiculous set up of the story, screen shots and horrible fonts, both size and colour set up like a ****** with glue and a pen.

Clearly quantity rather than quality interests the readers these days.... Still, I hadn't heard that he cheated.... But I do think he put a lot of effort into the story, all the same....

Back