Wow, nice improvement on Eds' ParkThePlane v2 tactic (H) Not only from v1, but also from the default 4-1-2-1-2. congrats, that must be encouraging :)

Also huge thanks to Will1981 for this thread. We know the results aren't a 100% accurate measure of a tactic's effectiveness, but just like last year's list, it's definitely a pretty good indication of how much potential each tactic has (as long as we remember that sometimes there can be unlucky/lucky seasons).

Although we are very early in the FM2011 "season" and there is a lot of room for improvement in tactics, it's interesting to note that default tactics are still keeping pace with custom ones. This just proves what a lot of people already know, you don't have to download a perfect tactic or be a tactical genius to enjoy playing FM without getting sacked. Just start with the basics and be reasonable. That being said I'm sure it won't be long before we see a tactic breaking 100 points and +50 GD in Will1981's database.8-|

Is there any chance of having inside forwards wingers instead of conservative wingers on the test?
Tried similar testing but totally fails because of the importance of inside forwards in at least some of my tactics really and apparently I used crossing wingers .

Just a thought :D

Hey, could you upload your database, I would like to test a few of my own tactics, see how they stack up?

@Will1981: Your work is really great! However, I am wondering about the stability of the result, how much does the randomness contribute? For example, would you please retry the ParkThePlane v2 to see if the result is somewhere the same with the first attempt?

Hey, could you upload your database, I would like to test a few of my own tactics, see how they stack up?

@Will1981: Your work is really great! However, I am wondering about the stability of the result, how much does the randomness contribute? For example, would you please retry the ParkThePlane v2 to see if the result is somewhere the same with the first attempt?
there is a link to the database in the OP so feel free to download it and test your own tactics, I will continue test tactics when they reach 1000 downloads on FM-Base. I am sure the results are not 100% accurate but I feel they do give a good indication of which tactics are good and which are poor but feel free to download the database and retest any of the tactics you like.

there is a link to the database in the OP so feel free to download it and test your own tactics, I will continue test tactics when they reach 1000 downloads on FM-Base. I am sure the results are not 100% accurate but I feel they do give a good indication of which tactics are good and which are poor but feel free to download the database and retest any of the tactics you like.

hi, first of all great thread. I want to download your database but I can't make it work. do I need any special program or how do I do?

hi, first of all great thread. I want to download your database but I can't make it work. do I need any special program or how do I do?
just put it in documents/sports interactive/football manager 2011/editor data
then start a new game and select database.

I don't have any editor data. should I just create one on my own or what?

I've solved the problem.

Just a question do you leave everything to your *** man just selecting tactic and then go on holiday or do you decide which players eho should start first?

Last edited:
I don't have any editor data. should I just create one on my own or what?

I've solved the problem.

Just a question do you leave everything to your *** man just selecting tactic and then go on holiday or do you decide which players eho should start first?
yes I just leave everything to assistant manager and holiday season ( just check always use tactic)

Great idea!

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

I suggest we pick up the tactics in FM2010 with over 20,000 downloads and try it to ... if you can, of course =)

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Your team was supposed to be a weak team, right?

Great idea!

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

I suggest we pick up the tactics in FM2010 with over 20,000 downloads and try it to ... if you can, of course =)

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Your team was supposed to be a weak team, right?

He did the same thing for FM10 Mate

Thanks for trying out my version2 Will. (Y)

And great to see it at the top of the bunch. Great thread. :D