Fm13 in comparison to Fm12: Please read before complaining

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 42K
Raikan, you couldn't have put this any better. People are just struggling to adjust to playing realistically.

'omfg si r so bad at mkin games nvr buyin agen!11!!!!11!!1!!!' ;)!

Good job, Raikan. KIU!

Also, what does playing mind games bring into the game?

When I get in the game I am going to employ my new little tweak I have found to be rather useful!

Well, that was brilliant :) just had Liverpool's wingers playing to a 6.0 rating at Anfield, beating them 1-0. I chose man marking on their wingers, but tight marking = no, as I do with my whole team. I also adjusted the closing down to 13 which is just "whole pitch". Gave me good results, so cheers for that!

players have no skills in this years? sure ive seen the shoddy odd backheel now an then, or rarely an overhead kick...but wheres the ronaldo stepovers?
sure the match engine is rubbish an feels sluggish, but not only that its like watchin paint dry lol

to make this game "realistic", then first they need to make the players, the match and the managers to act more realistic, an less like a sorte of random events!
theres no natural flow to a game and it hardly gets your heart pumpin with end to end action.
Im enjoyin it at the min..but no doubt il be bored soon, maybe il give an online game ago..where your managing against real managers who make real decisions..rather than a computer programme that leaves you win when it wants to XD

Do you think Alex Ferguson would be good at this game? or do you think he'd get stressed with all the **** we have to do lol

Think you'll actually find they do act more realistic. They have to GO AROUND other players because of the collision detection (as Mike. reminded me about lol), there's a lot more backheels if the players are good enough and have the creative freedom...no end to end action? Had a 2-0 lead against Man City earlier on, then it just exploded into a proper end to end match....which I ended up losing 3-2 (my fault though-risked player fitness though Aguero didn't help much by being a smug b*astard), the passing>movement is a lot more fluid. The amount of times I've been absolutely engrossed in a match (which was quite a few times yesterday hence literally playing all day) is unreal. And the game absolutely does not "let you win". It's how you set up EVERYTHING for your team.

Yes there's some bugs but I refuse to go into that as it's literally been done to absolute death. But when the patch comes out it's going to feel even more polished.

And on a side note I was pleasantly surprised to notice some cool animation of my player spinning to the ground after being hacked down by Clichy. Another nice touch I failed to notice before.

I agree with the original post, it seems more complex and relying on more factors than simply having the strongest team on the sheet. And that is exactly what football in the real world is about. That's why Stoke is a mid-table team, even though they play rugby. That's why Liverpool always drop points, even though they dominate nearly all games. It's complex, complicated, it's simply more advanced than previous versions.

And that's probably exactly what SI were trying to do; add more of THAT type of realism to the game. Now we just have to wait for them to polish the game into the gem it could be, if it wasn't for way too many bugs and unrealistic choices made by players. But that's also why so many people seem to hate it, and I can fully understand that. It's like having a perfect, medium rare steak that tastes of awesomeness, only to be served a sauce that contains traces of vomit. You get that "IF ONLY" feeling sometimes.

lol..youre obviously very easily pleased! an maybe a little bit blind...joke
the passing n movement is depressing..this match engine would be great in a cricket sim lol
an dude backheels..any sunday league player..actually any schoollboy can do a backheel better than the loofs ive got in my team..ok the oppositions defenders make them look good by searchin the skies for that cricket ball.
What collision detection...come on its hardly BF3 were talkin about here..its 2 pixels bouncin into each other, one falls over, whilst the other stands there lookin at him gettin back to his feet before runnin off with the ball...now i like slapstick..but not in a footy match!
And the game absolutely is programmed to let you win..its a programme, it doesnt hold any intelligence an knows how to beat any tactic available to mankind! Thats how on many games theres easy, medium an hard lvls.
yep ive seen that animation too..but thats old news

I also have to agree, i started playing just like i was in all the other FM games i have played and it wasnt working, after i started getting really into it, i have now started winning like i used to. You have to get really deep with the game now, check out the opposition watch how the game is going make swaps as you see fit and what i've noticed is having two wide wingers or two wide midfielders that can swap positions during the game is a really amazing thing. It puts the opposite defense under a lot of pressure when they cant man mark your men

Why should we have to wait at least till February to get the polished game? It should be polished as soon as I play. Never again will I buy FM within the first month.

Why should we have to wait at least till February to get the polished game? It should be polished as soon as I play. Never again will I buy FM within the first month.

For the scope of the game they're attempting to make, SI have an incredibly small team. Frankly, I think giving them a little leeway when it comes to patching their games is fair enough. Not to mention there's a lot of companies who would just leave a game unpatched or patch it poorly.

Nothing wrong with that. I never buy it early and i never will. For a game of this magnitude its amazing it comes out playable at all.

And sure, it should come out already polished, no arguments here. But this is where business crashes with reality, 95% of people only ever buy it to have transfer updates and stuff (look at the FIFA series), if they wait till February they might just as well skip a year.

lol..youre obviously very easily pleased! an maybe a little bit blind...joke
the passing n movement is depressing..this match engine would be great in a cricket sim lol
an dude backheels..any sunday league player..actually any schoollboy can do a backheel better than the loofs ive got in my team..ok the oppositions defenders make them look good by searchin the skies for that cricket ball.
What collision detection...come on its hardly BF3 were talkin about here..its 2 pixels bouncin into each other, one falls over, whilst the other stands there lookin at him gettin back to his feet before runnin off with the ball...now i like slapstick..but not in a footy match!
And the game absolutely is programmed to let you win..its a programme, it doesnt hold any intelligence an knows how to beat any tactic available to mankind! Thats how on many games theres easy, medium an hard lvls.
yep ive seen that animation too..but thats old news

If you don't understand the importance of collision detection, then how can you make snide remarks about people being easily pleased. Its absolutely vital to the game. Without it, previously players could literally run through each other. Now they have to run around a player, like real life.

Nor is the game programmed to make you win. FM doesn't work this way at all.

Football isn't always end to end action either.

As an aside, if people cant discuss things without resorting to personal remarks, I will remove posts and infract people. Starting to get very tired of this childish keyboard warrior attitude that has been going round recently.

If you don't understand the importance of collision detection, then how can you make snide remarks about people being easily pleased. Its absolutely vital to the game. Without it, previously players could literally run through each other. Now they have to run around a player, like real life.

Nor is the game programmed to make you win. FM doesn't work this way at all.

Football isn't always end to end action either.

As an aside, if people cant discuss things without resorting to personal remarks, I will remove posts and infract people. Starting to get very tired of this childish keyboard warrior attitude that has been going round recently.

First, it you read it properly the "snide" remark was meant has a joke! Jeez you need to chill-out!
Second, I thought the thread was about a discussion?
Third, If you cant understand bad AI then how can you make snide remarks about me bein a childish keyboard warrior.

I do apologise to the OP for sayin hes easily pleased an also slightly blind lol
I do understand the importance of hit detection, I just dont see it done very well done in this game (maybe im slightly blind)..players running around players is good, but alas only a minority of players do this anymore in RL.
Theyve gone the direction that tactics win football matches this game, not so much the players...which is (IMHO) hazzardous as weve seen on many peoples posts of unrealistic results..like someone like Gambia winning the world cup in 2016, or Arsenal gettin relegated in the first season..which is cool as im not a gunners fan :) Chelsea on my save are 16th

As ive said before im enjoyin the game at the mo, tad bit easy..Im managing Newcastle, an after a rough start am lying 5th in prem! I havent done a single shout or changed tactics for any given match..

I too am lookin forward to a patch, how an why they released it in its current state beggars belief.

The tactics I used in FM12 actually work better in FM13, though it did require some tweaking, which I like because they're finally playing how I want them to play. What I don't find realistic is bottom league teams passing around the ball like they're Barcelona or that somehow I always get a goal against me around the 75th minute, regardless of opposition strength or scoreline.

I too am lookin forward to a patch, how an why they released it in its current state beggars belief.

Probably because if you wanted a completely bug free game you would have to wait for FM2001022337272. :)

If the game hadn't been released in November, there would have been as much (if not more) ******** and whining about SI releasing it later than usual. Granted there are some issues within the game, as many people have pointed out, but they hardly render it unplayable. Arsenal hardly get relegated every save, rarely do an odd team win a major cup (but it does happen, see Greece in 2004) and tactics should make a big difference with various examples, Real Madrid in the galactico era for one, should have destroyed every team, but they did not.

If you can't play the game because of these 'issues', then wait until the patch. Just because you have the game doesn't mean you have to pay it, the price won't be any lower when the next patch is released, so you won't have spent any more money. Go and play a game you enjoy, rather than play the game for the sake of playing, and then come back and treat it as a new game when you feel the correct patch has been released.

To be honest though, I don't see the point in this thread, at all. There have been enough threads going over this subject (about 50,000 started by Raikan ;) ) and all the points made have already been made, various times under various different guises. Getting a tad tiring.

While i do enjoy the new FM i have 2 things eating me alive and i hope someone above sees it or someone contradicts me in a way that makes sense and will help me play better:
1.THE TRAINING is giving me extremely limited options and can make a child lucky be pressing a few buttons. it seems to me that the days where a guy dreams himself to be wenger or ferguson are over. What happens if i have the general set to atacking on average and that weeks focus on defending very high? while they cancel each other out,will one override the other, will they mix? Will my GK be training his finishing instead of handling? i see no separations and i have no idea if my defenders get specific training for what they need compared to the strikers. You have the individual focus but how does that blend with the general and weekly focus? I liked the days where you could make the shedules and see what they contain and who you put in them, and i'd like that back.
2. The tactics seem to have stalled while the game got harder and more realistic they say. I liked the tactical options that '99 ch manager had although it lacked the graphics. you had the field divided into 12 parts and you could arrange your players the way you wanted to for every one of those 12 considering what do you want them to do if the ball is in one of them or if you are in possesion or not. THAT is what i call liberty and creativity and moreover REALISTIC. i go insane every time i see my players stepping on each others toes or have 3guys beeing passive while opposition does whatever they want with the ball.
If you want to make it realistic, give me the oportunity to put my players in the field the way i want to and only then i can worry about the pressing, creative freedom, style of passing, etc. and if that fails i will know that i failed; right now i'll safely blame it on the limited options i have compared to what is expected to do.

1) you still can train players individually on certain attributes and different roles to cover a set set of attributes, so its not that bad mate :)

2) can you imagine that? would love to see the comments and threads if that was put in :) hahaha, people would probably commit suicide..

Only just got the game. Already loving being able to give your chairman or Director of football a list of your transfer targets and letting them go buy them. Transfers were always a chore for me. Doing well so far. Just won the league with Heerenveen. More goals in this version for sure.

Back