Fm13 in comparison to Fm12: Please read before complaining

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 42K
Hi Guys, just out of interest, when the new patch comes out will I have to start a new game or will the changes be available in my current save?

Raikan is it better to create a new tactic for every team you play or stick to 1 tactic? Im having no luck what so ever using the same tactic

Depends on the players in the team. You have to have players that match the way you want to play.

Hi Guys, just out of interest, when the new patch comes out will I have to start a new game or will the changes be available in my current save?

As long as there are no database changes, you don't have to start a new game.

Hey, is anyone finding it harder to sell players? Well I have Pablo Aimar and Carlos Martins to sell and they're devaluing and getting worse and worse and I can't seem to sell them even in the first season!

I'm both! I only use the control, c and p buttons on my keyboard, it seems.

If only I could say the same. Unfortunately we actually have to debate theories using our own words :O

Very good points made RAIKAN mate.

FM 2013 is great, better than 2012. Actually the last 3 versions were so easy, playing quickly became ridiculous (if enjoyable), whereas the current version is much more realistic and engrossing.

The ME on this game is totally messed up. The opposition keeper has even caught the ball behind the line and no goal is given. it's not the tactics I've played FM since FM10 I know how to work tactics. Tacticial changes seem to have no effect at all your team just carry on hitting the ball as hard as they can. They also seem to do anything to avoid having a shot on goal. Unless they bring out a patch to fix this I won't be buying any other FM game.

been playing the game a couple of weeks now and after much pulling of my hair and much throwing my arms in the air in a hissy fit i think ive cottoned on to what si were trying to achieve this year, wanting players to manage their teams rather than finding a decent tactic and sticking with it all the way to glory, so ive kinda got what im doing now but still seem to be struggling to break teams down i can pass and defend all night but cant find those killer balls (even as man city playing against chinese opposition) so if anyone has any ideas of what i could try next id appreciate it :)

After giving it more time I'm now having some success. Partly down to learning from Raikan's adjustments to his tactics. But the passing is still woeful at times. Also still having a lot of offsides that are not anywhere near being offside. It's still making me have slight FM rages with players deciding to pass the ball even when faced with a clear scoring chance. The most frustrating of these being having caught the oppositions keeper out of position, the striker decided to ignore the tap in into an open net, instead opting to stand waiting for support so he could put in across the box lol. The ME also allows the oppositions keeper to pick the ball up behind the line and not give a goal seen this a lot.

Last edited:
After giving it more time I'm now having some success. Partly down to learning from Raikan's adjustments to his tactics. But the passing is still woeful at times. Also still having a lot of offsides that are not anywhere near being offside. It's still making me have slight FM rages with players deciding to pass the ball even when faced with a clear scoring chance. The most frustrating of these being having caught the oppositions keeper out of position, the striker decided to ignore the tap in into an open net, instead opting to stand waiting for support so he could put in across the box lol. The ME also allows the oppositions keeper to pick the ball up behind the line and not give a goal seen this a lot.

those are what we are all mostly dealing with mate :) but we have accepted it lol, which I still think is BS from SI to be honest.. but, it will eventually get sorted out with new patches :)

This is the model in ALL of gaming, not just SI with FM.

The development cycle is such that the first version of the game is essentially a beta. The players test the game and in 4 months most things are fixed. But then the "improvements" made to the game for the next edition seem to break the game. Over the course of a few years, those improvements are really great improvements, but from year-to-year it can feel like regression.

For me personally, there are a few things about this game that are gigantic upgrades. I LOVE the new training schedules. Playing with sliders with essentially no clue how they worked underneath the hood was maddeningly dumb design. I'm glad they went away from it. I train my players almost exclusively using role training (focusing on a combination of a players best and worst roles in order to mould them into a well-rounded player as much as possible).

The transfer deadline day interface is immensely fun and informative and really has helped immerse me into the world of my save.

And lastly, I personally think the Director of Football and Head of Youth Development positions, along with increased ability to delegate, are great additions as well.

All of this is making me take less time to perform certain activities, and doing more of the parts of the game that i find fun; buying/selling young players, building the team from youth, and scouting. I'm not a tactician, I like being a team-builder, and the tools for this are much improved.

Back