Fm13 in comparison to Fm12: Please read before complaining

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 42K

FM13 is much more realistic than Fm12, you cannot just buy the best 11 players and use the same tactic for years and years and expect to win

I have an Aston Villa save where Im about 20 years in, and I have won 13 titles, 13 Champions Leagues, insane amount of cups etc. And I didnt win a trophy for the first 3-4 years.

I never change tactics, I never use shouts, I rarely even change the attacking philosophy during late stages of games. I just buy all the top young players around the world, use the good ones, re-sell the ones who dont turn out as expected and re-sell any that pass 28 years old.

I have a ridiculous stadium, I have £600m in the bank and Im the richest club on the planet by a mile.

I cant take all the credit though, I honestly think that Modern Warfare 442 is borderline cheating!

I was given FM 2013 as a birthday gift after whinging about how much I miss playing FM (my last FM was 2011, before then played the last 5 editions before that). Now I am the type of manager that like to pick at every thing and micromanage. The number one frustration I had with prior versions of FM is that micro-managing was not neccessary and to an extent a lot of the micro management was simply to please people like me.

Now with FM 2013 it is a must and make people have to pay attention through all details of the game. It has tested my micro-management levels to the limit and I love it, especially with the addition of player roles and seeing how you plan tactics in player roles have an impact on the field. It is amazing when you take an Australian team to the World Club Cup and draw with the likes of Chelsea in the semi final. We lost in extra time but the shouts I made caused Central Coast Mariners to level the scores by full time considering we were 2-1 at half time.

The only thing I wished FM13 has and for that matter a future edition of FM to include is the ability to choose sponsors, like the old LMA Manager series allowed team to negotiate sponsors from the boards on the side of the stadium to what is placed on your jersey.

I'm so lost... I Can't figure out the training and all the other new features like scouting.. And what's with the chief scout and managers for reserves and u/18??? Can someone please explain a little? I playd Football Manager before and had no problems.. But FM13 is just a bit too overwhelming..

I'm so lost... I Can't figure out the training and all the other new features like scouting.. And what's with the chief scout and managers for reserves and u/18??? Can someone please explain a little? I playd Football Manager before and had no problems.. But FM13 is just a bit too overwhelming..

I was also a bit overwhelmed with the new features, but now I'm used to it i'd never go back to FM12.
For the training, there is no longer the option for custom schedules, which is one thing I miss from FM12 as I preferred to make my own schedules, instead you select pre-made schedules which can be determined by the players best position, although I sometimes change these as each schedule doesn't always train in the areas that I want to increase.

The chief scout gives you the option to assign them the task of being in charge of all scouting assignments, while I have a chief scout I prefer to set the assignments myself. To add a new assignment you simply go into the 'scouting' section then 'assignments' and there you will see a list of your scouts on the right hand side where you can view reports from current assignments or set new ones.

The reserves manager will also coach your first team and the u18s manager will coach your under 18s, other than that they just manage those teams, unless you choose to do this yourself. I tend to look for attributes similar to those of my assistant manager, although it's almost impossible to get a really good u18s manager.

I was also a bit overwhelmed with the new features, but now I'm used to it i'd never go back to FM12.
For the training, there is no longer the option for custom schedules, which is one thing I miss from FM12 as I preferred to make my own schedules, instead you select pre-made schedules which can be determined by the players best position, although I sometimes change these as each schedule doesn't always train in the areas that I want to increase.

The chief scout gives you the option to assign them the task of being in charge of all scouting assignments, while I have a chief scout I prefer to set the assignments myself. To add a new assignment you simply go into the 'scouting' section then 'assignments' and there you will see a list of your scouts on the right hand side where you can view reports from current assignments or set new ones.

The reserves manager will also coach your first team and the u18s manager will coach your under 18s, other than that they just manage those teams, unless you choose to do this yourself. I tend to look for attributes similar to those of my assistant manager, although it's almost impossible to get a really good u18s manager.

Okay.. Thanks.. I'll try to get on with it. I thaught that it meant muche moore.

Back