Fm13 in comparison to Fm12: Please read before complaining

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 42K
Only just got the game. Already loving being able to give your chairman or Director of football a list of your transfer targets and letting them go buy them. Transfers were always a chore for me. Doing well so far. Just won the league with Heerenveen. More goals in this version for sure.

Cool! I didnt even know you could do that!

First, it you read it properly the "snide" remark was meant has a joke! Jeez you need to chill-out!
Second, I thought the thread was about a discussion?
Third, If you cant understand bad AI then how can you make snide remarks about me bein a childish keyboard warrior.

I do apologise to the OP for sayin hes easily pleased an also slightly blind lol
I do understand the importance of hit detection, I just dont see it done very well done in this game (maybe im slightly blind)..players running around players is good, but alas only a minority of players do this anymore in RL.
Theyve gone the direction that tactics win football matches this game, not so much the players...which is (IMHO) hazzardous as weve seen on many peoples posts of unrealistic results..like someone like Gambia winning the world cup in 2016, or Arsenal gettin relegated in the first season..which is cool as im not a gunners fan :) Chelsea on my save are 16th

As ive said before im enjoyin the game at the mo, tad bit easy..Im managing Newcastle, an after a rough start am lying 5th in prem! I havent done a single shout or changed tactics for any given match..

I too am lookin forward to a patch, how an why they released it in its current state beggars belief.

You misunderstand, collision detection makes them run around in the physical sense. Its vital for every piece of contact. Tackling, jostling, barging at corners, fighting to hold up ball, basically any place where players have to physically interact. This totally changes how defending and attacking works.

Its not just tactics, its tactics and players. There have been people who have just about getting on with the game simply because their players are good enough to overcome the flaws in their tactics.

Things like Arsenal getting relegated are issues not to do with player tactics, but are being dealt with for the next patch.

Cool! I didnt even know you could do that!

Yes add the player you want to "transfer targets" from your shortlist and your director of football will try and sign him if a deal is possible.

about to play Tottenham in FA Cup Semi's and I usually play my 433 (Amc) and have done so for the past 30 odd games with 2 defeats and 3 draws..

Original tactic/normal tactic

View attachment 283041

Tottenham have lined up with a 433 DM with Sandro/Fellaini being the Anchorman type player..

View attachment 283042

Now if I had to play my usual 433 with an AMC he would most likely be marked out of the game by their DM and have very little impact on the game, I rely quite a bit on this position to keep the ball rolling around nicely while my other players look to create space to receive the pass!

So I have opted to drop the AMC back into the CM role, still giving him the AP type of role to push forward and look for space ahead of the other more defensive CM's, this will hopefully help over power their midfield as well as set the striker to play as DLF to drop deeper to link up the play as the gap between the mids and striker is a lot bigger than it was when I was playing an AMC.. coupled with this, he has been set to close down as well to provide a sort of diamond shape!

New updated formation and a little change to tempo

View attachment 283040

When I get in the game I am going to employ my new little tweak I have found to be rather useful!

so lets see how it goes :) going to start the game now

Raikan,

How do u view the oppositions tactics as you have shown in the pic of Spurs?

Never knew you could view it that way

Hi Raikin, do you think best to create a tactic for each match?

no, have a home tactic and an away one then a very defensive or attacking one as 3rd..

change the home one slightly each game to counter your opp same goes for away etc..

I am starting to get very very frustrated with tactics on FM13. I have been replaying an away game to Spurs over and over, to look at different tactical set ups and how they work in the ME. Every single logical system that I have tried does not seem to work like I envision it and I keep conceding stupid goals.

I am starting to get very very frustrated with tactics on FM13. I have been replaying an away game to Spurs over and over, to look at different tactical set ups and how they work in the ME. Every single logical system that I have tried does not seem to work like I envision it and I keep conceding stupid goals.
just wait for the patch Shiraz :) it is extremely frustrating at times I know!

Spot on Raikan. Great thread! i was losing my mind a week ago! but i think i've finally got a grasp of the game and have even created what i believe to be a successfull tactic. can't wait for the new patch to come out! everyone get's frustrated every once in a while, but if you love this game, you'll keep on banging your head against the wall until you get to the other side and see the light! :D

Cheers mate!

For the people who complain about the ME not being realistic.

I'm an Evertionian. Everton 1-2 Reading at the weekend.

We dominated the first half, should have been 3/4 nil up at half-time. Second half, Reading came out, changed their game plan and exploited us, winning in the process. Admittedly I was gutted, but i reasoned "hey, that's football, fair play to Reading".

But, if that happens in FM13, (which it does, its happened to me in my save), I see people posting on here going mental saying how the ME is flawed and they're rage-quitting, never playing again etcetc. It baffles me.

I admit, i was complacent in FM12, i'd turn up to a match, play any team out of my first squad and win 2/3-0. But now people actually have to use their brains and put some thought and management into it, they throw their toys out the pram when they're not getting the wins they want.

I love the new FM13 for what it is, yes it's a bit rough around the edges, but what a game we have!! Hopefully this patch will quieten the majority of the haters because frankly FM13 is a billion times better.

When's this patch people speak of and how is it predicted to help the current predicament?

When's this patch people speak of and how is it predicted to help the current predicament?

This is copied from the discussion board of SIgames, originally posted by the moderator PaulC:

For those interested, we have the following in testing with a view to it being released sometime in the next week:

Match v1316
-----------

- Fixed bug causing players to occasionally react too late to pass
- Improved pressing of opponents slightly
- Made players more willing to go for a riskier interception if ball receiver is in a goalscoring position
- Tweaked keeper positioning when facing down attacker
- Reduced pointless passing slightly
- Fine tuned chance of speculative passes slightly
- Refine kick innaccuracy algorithm slightly

Match v1317
-----------

- Fixed defenders not turning quick enough when tracking player running onto through ball
- Reduced likelyhood of players making pass when in clear cut shooting position

this is good to hear, I hope they try and stop the fullbacks trying to be roberto carlos also

you should always build a tactic from the back onwards. no use in scoring 5 goals if you're gonna concede 6! especially if you're taking charge of a team that is on a poor run of form and has very low morale. not losing and picking up player morale has to be the priority, when you've done that, obviously it will be easier to try and win games. so i think you've embraced the right approach to the challenge you have undertaken. this game is so advanced now that you need to take verything into account, and use all the tools you have at your disposal to try and change all the variables in your favour. some people arent ready for that, they refuse to accept the depth and complexity of the game and simply want this to be a "plug and play" game. they go on about "how does everyone win with this tactic and i dont", instead of looking deeper into the game and trying to find reasons and objective solutions to their failure.

keep it up mate, you're onto something :)

please read this :) fantastic comment

I'm not to big of a fan at the moment. Your team never seems to do what you've planned them to do. For example i set up my team to play fast short passing attacking football, Only for them to hoof it up field every time they got the ball. plus your team hardly ever get shots on goal even if you've got them switched to attacking . That and keepers just letting the ball go in the net when they could of thrown a cap on it. Finally cm's refusing to pass the ball and just mill about until they get tackled or fouled. Going to give it a chance but if thing don't improve I'll flog it and stick to fm12

I'm not to big of a fan at the moment. Your team never seems to do what you've planned them to do. For example i set up my team to play fast short passing attacking football, Only for them to hoof it up field every time they got the ball. plus your team hardly ever get shots on goal even if you've got them switched to attacking . That and keepers just letting the ball go in the net when they could of thrown a cap on it. Finally cm's refusing to pass the ball and just mill about until they get tackled or fouled. Going to give it a chance but if thing don't improve I'll flog it and stick to fm12

Well, playing short passes while playing at a quick tempo is not easy, only Barcelona really master it in real life. Quick tempo is more appropriate to use when playing a direct style, and slow tempo is more appropriate to use when playing a short passing style.

Also, playing attacking football is not necessarily synonomous with getting lots of shots on goal. Your formation and the opposition's formation play a huge role here, not to mention their strategy and tactical approach. Do they have a DM cancelling out your AMC? Do they have full backs that only defend, thus limiting the impact your wingers will have on the game? There are so many factors you must look at, just like in real life. You can't just throw 11 good players out on the pitch, ask them to play quick with short passes and attack the opposition, and expect to get lots of shots on goal and win every game. For that, you need FM12.

One BIG thing I've noticed. The more I try to tweak individual player settings the more unreliable my tactics become. In other words, stick to a basic tactic creator tactic. The one I'm using now I've only changed the width setting and ticked counter attack. I'm playing FMC. Outside of team talks and OIs I don't know if it makes much difference

Back