FM13 Pre-Order Codes and BETA Access Questions

Jake

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please ask any questions relating to pre-order codes and BETA access here. We don't need a separate thread for every individual retailer.

If you ordered from FM-Base, the beta keys have started to get sent out. Sega/Sports Interactive have not made the beta live yet though.

Once you have downloaded/installed the beta build version, the game will update to the final release version on the official release date: Friday November 2d. No additional activation code will be provided.

All game progress from the beta will be accessible in the final version.

Please check this page for further details about the Beta: http://www.sigames.com/news/14165/FM13+Pre+Order+Offer+Early+access+Beta+FAQ

We can only speculate with regard to other retailers, who may choose to send your code out earlier, or indeed later.

Larger retailers may have already sent customers their BETA code, but no-one can use them until the BETA goes live. Please be patient if you haven't received yours yet. If the BETA goes live and you haven't received your code, that is the time to contact your retailer.

Last edited:
Please ask any questions relating to pre-order codes and BETA access here. We don't need a separate thread for every individual retailer.

PLEASE NOTE - BETA access codes will not be emailed to you (regardless of where you ordered from) until the BETA goes live, or maybe shortly beforehand. The BETA has no official launch date, so no-one knows exactly when you will receive your code.

Steam codes are usually emailed to you a day or so before release date, to allow you to pre-load the game if you wish.

i pre-ordered it in this site so when they send us the beta code ?

i pre-ordered it in this site so when they send us the beta code ?

Seriously? You just quoted the answer.

PLEASE NOTE - BETA access codes will not be emailed to you (regardless of where you ordered from) until the BETA goes live, or maybe shortly beforehand. The BETA has no official launch date, so no-one knows exactly when you will receive your code.

Steam codes are usually emailed to you a day or so before release date, to allow you to pre-load the game if you wish.

Out of interest will games played on the beta count towards the steam leaderboard scores?

Amazon sent my beta code over a week ago!

As far as i know, and i cite Dunc who works for SI as my main reference, SI have not yet released the BETA codes to retailers, so how you got yours i'm not sure... More likely is that you have received your steam code to allow you to pre-load the game before the release date.

Out of interest will games played on the beta count towards the steam leaderboard scores?

From what i've read, the BETA is the full game, save for any last minute non-data changes SI make, except the network games function is not present. You can continue BETA saves on the full game, so i don't see why it would affect things from SI's point of view. Steam may have a rule excluding BETA games from full game leaderboards though, not sure.

From what i've read, the BETA is the full game, save for any last minute non-data changes SI make, except the network games function is not present. You can continue BETA saves on the full game, so i don't see why it would affect things from SI's point of view. Steam may have a rule excluding BETA games from full game leaderboards though, not sure.

Thanks mate! So close now :)

As far as i know, and i cite Dunc who works for SI as my main reference, SI have not yet released the BETA codes to retailers, so how you got yours i'm not sure... More likely is that you have received your steam code to allow you to pre-load the game before the release date.

Not sure about Amazon to be honest. They may well already have beta codes for the customers, I think it's the 'smaller' retailers that haven't got them yet. I'm not entirely sure, but if you have it now, or if you don't get it till Friday either way, you can't play it till it's been activated anyway, of which the date and time has not been officially set. So if your beta code still hasn't arrived at that time, then you need to contact the people you bought the game off, and also it's best to check if they are on the list of retailers that are offering the pre-order beta 'bonus'.

It also doesn't include the editor. :)

I ordered mine from base.com and they emailed me my code over a week a go also..

OK, so as Dunc has nicely clarified, some larger retailers may already have emailed you your BETA code.

The fact is, you can't use it til the BETA goes live. So those of you feeling left out because you don't have your code yet, don't worry, you will receive it when the BETA is live, and hopefully in most cases, shortly beforehand.

i ordered mine from play.com and recieved the code last week, and Miles tweeted me last night after asking him when the beta access is released and its 00.01 Friday morning.

If you already have your BETA code, you can activate it already on Steam. Games > Activate a Steam product

or i may be incorrect there and misread haha the page i was tweeted, my bad.

ive already done that, not available for download yet though, games waiting in the libary

I ordered mine from this website, will the code take long to be sent after the beta becomes active?

Thanks

If you have pre-ordered through FM-Base the beta codes should start getting sent out tomorrow (Thursday 18th Oct) afternoon. There has been no confirmation as of yet from SEGA when the Beta will be going live though. Most likely it will be sometime on Thursday evening or Friday.

So you should receive your beta code before it goes live so that you have a chance to download the game ready to play it the second it goes active.

Does this still hold true? The game is due to be released tomorrow....and no code yet in my email

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us. There will be a beta released by Steam around 2 weeks before the release date of November 2. Serial keys will be made available two days prior to the beta live date. Please let us know if you have further questions. Thanks.

Best regards,

Nexway Customer Service