FM14 (14.2.0) - The Triad (4-2-3-1) - Promoted first season with Doncaster - Great GD

this tactic is awsome! with attacking mentality and "work ball into box" this is pure gold!

Yeah, I really don't know why there aren't more people talking about it here but hey, we don't care as long as we do use this beauty (H)

Yesterday I tried to switch from "very rigid" to "rigid" (don't know why it was "very rigid" as the OP shows a "rigid" style...), using the "standard" mentality both home and away (changing to "counter" away if I'm a huge underdog) and it worked pretty well :

Dijon 1-3 Reims
Reims 1-0 Toulouse
CSKA Moscow 1-4 Reims
Nantes 1-3 Reims
Reims 6-1 Tours
Reims 4-2 Milan AC

The best thing that has changed is my CM. He never performed well in a "very rigid" style but he scored 1, 2 & 3 goals against Nantes, Tours and then Milan (maybe 4 next time?). I'm using Henriksen or Rabiot here.

The FIFA club world cup is coming and I just can't wait for it... :)

I've been very impressed how consistent this tactic has been. Currently going strong in my 3rd season (2nd with this tactic). Tried a different one for a couple of games as started struggling, but i keep coming back to this one.

I've played de semi-finals of the Club World Cup and well...

asset.php

Creates lots of CCC with any team i use but always have the issue of finishing the chances

Started with Dover, straight promotion to Skrill Premier first season, currently sitting comfortably on top halfway through the season (8 points clear).
I do use one of the defenders as a cover. Also, I use a slightly tweaked version for counter strategy in away games or when one or two goals up in a tight home fixture:
-strategy set to counter
-central midfielder set to support
-turn off "look for overlapping runs" (as this leaves you vulnerable in the back)
also, I may turn off "get stuck in" instruction, in case I feel We're giving away too many free kicks or yellow cards.

Provided you put the right players in (obviously...) this is a GREAT tactic!!!

Having a similar problem and also often getting less than 50% possession. Any ideas?
See my post above on setting counter strategy - I often use this strategy if I find I am not able to retain posession during a match. Works for me!

This is incredible...im top with Millwall after 4 games,and drew with Spurs AND Arsenal pre season.

I a shocked that this tactic isn't getting more activity. I am now in my 3rd season with Hartlepool and so far had back to back promotions winning the league each time. I don't have any money to spend but managed to get a few good free transfers in. I had some great defensive seasons, but seem to struggle a lot more with corners now. Will post screenshots later.

Is this working well for people in 14.2.2? It appeared to work really well in the run in for my 3rd season, I won 10 and drew 2 of the my last 12 games and I have good players that suit the system. Now I'm in December of my 4th season and just can't get any consistency now, I've tried adding the player instructions for each player into various positions and tinkering with attacking/very rigid and also counter but I'm struggling to score many goals and I'm also conceding a fair amount to. Thought I'd just tuened a corner beating Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool in consecutive games but then lost at home to Swansea and away at Blackburn

This tactic is incredible.

My left side (Hazard and Cole) are destroying it. I changed the IF to W and it seemed to open up the oppositions back 4. Werner has overtaken Torres and eto'o as number 1. Van Ginkle n Mikel are destroying it as well as Chalobah getting game time. Schurrle struggling and Torres but that's all. Even Omeru plays at a competent level in the prem.

This looks really good. I want to give it a go, but is the tweaked version available? Im happy to manually change the instructions myself, but im confused as some posts are saying do use "work ball into the box" and others say DO use "work ball into the box"....what are the right instructions? Is the tweaked version as mentioned available? Thanks guys :)

Happy you all enjoy it :) I am releasing a new tweaked version this weekend, 3 versions to be exact - one of them without a striker :)

Happy you all enjoy it :) I am releasing a new tweaked version this weekend, 3 versions to be exact - one of them without a striker :)

Sounds great ! Will it be like home and away versions or very different tactics ? Tactic still working great for me despite a few stupid games due to this wonderful ME...