FM14 (14.2.0) - The Triad (4-2-3-1) - Promoted first season with Doncaster - Great GD

Started off well now cant seem to win was playing brilliant football now **** :(

Champions of France again. Last season before i used this tactic, it went down to the last game, this season i had a massive 8 games to go.

Fixtures for the season so far

Still got 3 cups left to play for as well, French cup, Champions Cup and Coupe de la ligue as you can see.

I'll post an end of season fixture list when ive finished totally

Edit: wow just noticed my 21 game unbeaten streak scoring 71 goals and conceding 17! (I blame the tactic)

Last edited:
Champions of France again. Last season before i used this tactic, it went down to the last game, this season i had a massive 8 games to go.

Fixtures for the season so far

Still got 3 cups left to play for as well, French cup, Champions Cup and Coupe de la ligue as you can see.

I'll post an end of season fixture list when ive finished totally

Edit: wow just noticed my 21 game unbeaten streak scoring 71 goals and conceding 17! (I blame the tactic)

Could you please upload the tactic?

THX!

You've asked this 2-3 times now and ill say it again, i have only used this tactic for the season i am just finishing. Previously i used a different tactic that is nothing to do with this thread. Go to the OP and down load the tactic from there please instead of repeatedly asking me. I have not saved the tactic with tweaks to it, all ive been doing is changing the shouts depending on the team i am playing which are playing a higher defensive line and sometimes playing a lower tempo and nothing more.

Playing as Arsenal 1st season. All my players except the front 4 play well. Giroud, Vela, Bendtner always get 6.5 every game. Carzorla, Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Wilshere etc. all get around 6.0-6.5 across the front 3. I've spent about 15 games moving them around but they never play well bar the odd capitol one cup game.

Any suggestions?

Are you winning any of these games at all? Do you create many chances?

I've tried out pushing the defensive line further forwards to condense the play into the oppositions half. If i keep getting balls played through my defense from then, swap your fastest CB to covering and if that doesnt work, try playing about with the tempo between high, very high and lower and see if you have a joy then. Has worked wonders for me at least. Have a look at my results above as ive played like this 95% of the season

End of the season fixtures + table, defence got a bit leaky in the last few games. Might have to look at giving more games to Rugani and/or buying someone to replace my 2.5 star central defender

Even got offered the Tottenham job for good measure, who sacked their manager after finishing 6th and reaching the champions cup final. Naturally i said p**s off

Last edited:
Have anyone tried changing the forward to Trequartista instead of AF? I'm asking because I have signed this guy: View attachment 432562
His favorite position is as a Trequartista in the attack. I do already have a Trequartista on the OM so he could play there, but then he probably would not make full use of his potential. If I choose to play this guy upfront I could change the OM to AP, but I'm not sure if I should try it or not. Maybe it would ruin the tactic if I make those changes. And my striker became Premier League topscorer last season as an AF, so I really don't know what to do?
View attachment 432561
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Despite very good results with Stade de Reims I wasn't satisfied at all with the 4 guys upfront (ratio shots / on target) so I put "shoot less" to all of them and "drop ball into box" in the main shouts. We just did a great game against PSG (3-0 win) with great football and the guys had 7.5 / 8.3 / 8 / 7.5. I'll keep you updated.

To Nikke177 : just try it and you'll see if it suits your team :)

Despite very good results with Stade de Reims I wasn't satisfied at all with the 4 guys upfront (ratio shots / on target) so I put "shoot less" to all of them and "drop ball into box" in the main shouts. We just did a great game against PSG (3-0 win) with great football and the guys had 7.5 / 8.3 / 8 / 7.5. I'll keep you updated.

With control mentality?

The next two games after the 3-0 win against PSG :

471270d1389990957t-fm14-14-2-0-triad-4-2-3-1-promoted-first-season-doncaster-great-gd-capture-d
471267d1389990957t-fm14-14-2-0-triad-4-2-3-1-promoted-first-season-doncaster-great-gd-capture-d

4 goals conceded but great wins so I'll see if we can work it out with the training...

Last edited:

Yeah, I have had some time to think about it after I posted, and I think I will try to start Fabricio as the forward and play him as AF. Then we will see how it goes :)

You mean "work ball into box"?

You mean "work ball into box"?

Yeak, sorry, I play the game in french :)

I've made new tiny tweaks that work great for the moment. I'll play a few more games and publish them here if they still work wonderfully.

@ victorjol
Your tweaks works great ATM
Trying out with GFC Ajaccio in Ligue 1

Last edited by a moderator:
@ victorjol
Your tweaks works great at ATM
Tryying out with GFC Ajaccio in Ligue 1

Glad to hear it mate ! I'll play 1 or 2 more games and then post my tweaks here with the results. Probably during the afternoon.

Last edited:
i tested out the "work ball into the box" and seemed to do something positive. Was 2-0 down away to Liverpool in a friendly and drew 2-2 in the end.

Do you ever mess about with the tempo of your play? seems to work for me a lot tbh for example higher tempo to lower tempo etc. I mentioned it in post 100 and had a very successful season in the league because of it.

You can tell if you have swapped to the correct tempo as you tend to start dominating the game right away, that or score a goal from the 1st chance you make. Doesn't work 100% of the time but at least 95%

this tactic is awsome! with attacking mentality and "work ball into box" this is pure gold!