Fm14 Deal or No Deal thread: Please use when asking if you should buy player x or y

Need to get a defender now. Preferably left footed. I narrowed my options down to 2: Mangala and Rojo.

Mangala seems to be superior physically whereas Rojo is better when it comes to technique. I'd actually go with Mangala but there is serious cost difference. I've reached an agreement for Mangala around 19 mil but I can sign Rojo for about 10. Plus Rojo'd demand slightly less wages than Mangala. I wouldn't really care about the financial issues though, I'm only looking for a defender who I could win the CL with. Just asking to make sure if Mangala is really worth it.

Btw, bear in mind that it's 2018 in my save so they both nearly reached their potentials. Who should I sign?

Last edited:
Need to get a defender now. Preferably left footed. I narrowed my options down to 2: Mangala and Rojo.

Mangala seems to be superior physically whereas Rojo is better when it comes to technique. I'd actually go with Mangala but there is serious cost difference. I've reached an agreement for Mangala around 19 mil but I can sign Rojo for about 10. Plus Rojo'd demand slightly less wages than Mangala. I wouldn't really care about the financial issues though, I'm only looking for a defender who I could win the CL with. Just asking to make sure if Mangala is really worth it.

Btw, bear in mind that it's 2018 in my save so they both nearly reached their potentials. Who should I sign?

Mangala is good, just be aware of his aggression though. He'll pick up a lot of cards!

Player costa
Team managed Arsenal
Seller Atletico
Season 2014/15
Bid 24m
Deal or no deal

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Player: Theo Walcott
Team managing: Arsenal
Team buying: Real Madrid
Fee: 44 M pounds
Date: July 2014

Player: Per Mertesacker
Team buying: PSG
Fee: 12.75 M pounds

And who can you recommend as a replace? At DC I already have Varane, Doria and Balanta, at AMR I have only Oxlade-Chamberlain, Joel Campbell (Barkley, Draxler an Ozil can play there also).

And who can you recommend as a replace? At DC I already have Varane, Doria and Balanta, at AMR I have only Oxlade-Chamberlain, Joel Campbell (Barkley, Draxler an Ozil can play there also).

Deal for both, and just play the players you have mentioned in those positions. As it looks like you already have a youthful team, maybe with the ,money look for some 16/17/18 year olds with 3 1/2 potential or more

Definite deal on Walcott! Mertesacker always played unbelievable for me but eventually sold him for ?25mill. Looking at other CBs I'd sell him whilst you can. If you don't mind me asking, how did you afford Varane, Doria and Balanta in your FIRST season!?!

Replacement for Walcott - Could either revert to playing 3 AMC's as you have 4 class player's who are natural there (Barkley, Draxler, Ozil and Wilshere). OR you could buy someone like Jose Garcia or James Rodriguez (both have been hugely successful for me at United).

Definite deal on Walcott! Mertesacker always played unbelievable for me but eventually sold him for ?25mill. Looking at other CBs I'd sell him whilst you can. If you don't mind me asking, how did you afford Varane, Doria and Balanta in your FIRST season!?!Replacement for Walcott - Could either revert to playing 3 AMC's as you have 4 class player's who are natural there (Barkley, Draxler, Ozil and Wilshere). OR you could buy someone like Jose Garcia or James Rodriguez (both have been hugely successful for me at United).
About DCs - I've bought Doria in first season as future replacement for Mertesacker and as a cover in beginning of the season, because of Vermaelen injury. In January 2014 he was already in starting XI.At the end of season, I've managed to sell Koscielny to PSG for 23M, Vermaelen to Monaco for 20M and I decided to buy Varane and Balanta as replacements (25M and 15M respectively). I have also Rugani in U21.Mertesacker is my Captain and he was great for me in my first season, so that's tough choice.Walcott definitely will go - I negotiated from initial 28.5 to 46 for him :)I'm still thinking about Lacazette, but I have also Gnabry and Bakkali in U21 team.

Name: Ermano Valverde
Team managing: Schalke
Team selling: Corinthians
Fee: 10.575m total
Year: Summer 2017/18
Other details: View attachment 378948 Would be my 1st choice because draxler would be my CAM.

Name: Niccolo Paoli
Team managing: Schalke
Team selling: AC Milan
Fee: 4.5m
Year: Summer 2017/18
Other details: View attachment 378939 Would be my future superstar with Adam Day (see show regen last page).

Player: Nedcet Kara
Team managing: FC K?ln
Team buying: Barcelona
Fee: 28M
Date: Summer 2017
Other Info: Both offense and defence are complete, really only need a box-to-box like Nedcet. About 100M in the bank, 40M transfer, 2nd in Bundesliga last season, playing CL next. Is he worth it?

Player: Nedcet Kara
Team managing: FC K?ln
Team buying: Barcelona
Fee: 28M
Date: Summer 2017
Other Info: Both offense and defence are complete, really only need a box-to-box like Nedcet. About 100M in the bank, 40M transfer, 2nd in Bundesliga last season, playing CL next. Is he worth it?

Looks like good piece of business at 20yo. Based only on his profile - deal. But what are other options?

Last edited:
Player: Oscar
Team you are managing: Chelsea
Team who are buying/selling: Real Madrid
Offer: 48M
Year: 2014/15
Other Info: Average of 7.25 in my first season. Any suggestions who I can sign if I do sell.

Last edited:
Player: Umtiti
Team you are managing: Real Sociedad
Team who are buying/selling: Lyon
Offer: 19mn

------
Player: Luke Shaw
Team you are managing: R.Sociedad
Team who are buying/selling: Southampton(relegated)
Offer: 30-32mn

Player: Oscar
Team you are managing: Chelsea
Team who are buying/selling: Real Madrid
Offer: 48M
Other Info: Average of 7.25 in my first season. Any suggestions who I can sign if I do sell.

Only deal if you can get a suitable replacement. Have a look at getting Isco in exchange, won ballon d'or in my chelsea save after i bought him and was awesome. If you wanna go English then Barkley is also good. Quintero/Driussi/Correa/Calhanoglu/Rafinha are some cheaper options. You also have Willian who is great there (was by far my best player in first two seasons playing AMC) and Thorgan Hazard who can return and do well.

Player: Umtiti
Team you are managing: Real Sociedad
Team who are buying/selling: Lyon
Offer: 19mn

------
Player: Luke Shaw
Team you are managing: R.Sociedad
Team who are buying/selling: Southampton(relegated)
Offer: 30-32mn

I personally would go for Luke Shaw but look if you can get him cheaper. The price should drop if you wait a while or if you do some good clauses which brings the initial price down.

I personally would go for Luke Shaw but look if you can get him cheaper. The price should drop if you wait a while or if you do some good clauses which brings the initial price down.

Getting him now for 24mn.. Deal??

Also, PSG buying Griezmann from me for 34.5mn.. Was best player in first season and helped Sociedad finish 2nd.. Deal??

Getting him now for 24mn.. Deal??

Also, PSG buying Griezmann from me for 34.5mn.. Was best player in first season and helped Sociedad finish 2nd.. Deal??

deal for shaw and only deal for griezmann if you need the money or have a suitable replacement.

deal for shaw and only deal for griezmann if you need the money or have a suitable replacement.

Getting Ward Prowse for 12mn.. The only problem being he is too young to fill Griezmann's boots right away... Need to finish in top-3 atleast... Deal?