Fm14 Deal or No Deal thread: Please use when asking if you should buy player x or y

Player: Luis Suarez
Team you are managing: Liverpool
Team who are buying: Real Madrid
Offer: ?74m (straight up)
Year: Mid Second Season

I know it should be straight forward but he's my best attacker, I've scouted Lukaku as he's my ideal replacement but he wouldn't be interested in a move yet. I've also considered Berradi and Negrado (he's listed at City so short term loan till end of season) but still unsure. Any advice would be great! I use him as a DLP as well.
I presume you mean DLF? And i would accept. Never managed him but he never does very well on my saves. I'd sell, you may not be offered that much again. Negredo would be a good player to get, just get the short term loan sorted before you sell (maybe include a loan-to-buy?)

I presume you mean DLF? And i would accept. Never managed him but he never does very well on my saves. I'd sell, you may not be offered that much again. Negredo would be a good player to get, just get the short term loan sorted before you sell (maybe include a loan-to-buy?)

Ended up selling him for the £74 million, bit gutted to lose him but was too much money to pass up. With the funds ended up bringing in Crochia at RB, Bernard at AML and Berardi and Negrado for up top. Pretty happy witht he team now and just need a few more signings to complete the squad!

Player: Sven Bender
Team you are managing: Man Utd
Team who are selling: Real Madrid
Offer: 27m
Year: 2016/2017 mid season

Took over Man Utd this season after two direct promotions with Wolves and a 7th spot. Lacking depth in my MC strata where only Fellaini & Phil Jones average 3 stars or more. Ideal MC(d) who has to clean up in front of the defence and lay it off to more creative players.

Most other established MC's who can help me from day one in my race for the title/ChL/FA cup cost 40m plus (Pogba 70, Sandro 60, etc.).

Player: Mathieu Debuchy
Team you are managing: Arsenal
Team who are selling: Newcastle
Offer:
7M upfront, 3,5 M over 24 months, 4M after 50 appearances, 15% of profit from next transfer.
(Potential value in excess of 14,5M)
Wage: 51k
Year: July 2013 (online mode)

Player: Pablo Zabaleta
Team who are selling: Man City ( my friend is the manager)
Offer: 15m (8M upfront + 7 over 24 months)
Wage: 100k

I've started online mode vs my friends and with 2014-2015 transfers update. I need Sagna's replacement. Who could replace him? Peruzzi is not available for first season, also i Like Aurier or Coleman. Thanks in advance

Offer:
7M upfront, 3,5 M over 24 months, 4M after 50 appearances, 15% of profit from next transfer.

I've started online mode vs my friends and with 2014-2015 transfers update. I need Sagna's replacement. Who could replace him? Peruzzi is not available for first season, also i Like Aurier or Coleman. Thanks in advance

get santon so much better in the long run and can play lb and rb i have also re trained him once to play on the wing :)

Bernard! Draxler lacks certain mental attribute which means it's harder for him to reach his full potential. Bernard though, becomes a killer inside forward on the left side. Go for him.

if you can get Juan Quintero from Porto hes a tad expensive but oh my god hes a genius lol

Offer:

Try Sebastian Corchia

Player: Luis Suarez
Team you are managing: Liverpool
Team who are buying: Real Madrid
Offer: ?74m (straight up)
Year: Mid Second Season

I know it should be straight forward but he's my best attacker, I've scouted Lukaku as he's my ideal replacement but he wouldn't be interested in a move yet. I've also considered Berradi and Negrado (he's listed at City so short term loan till end of season) but still unsure. Any advice would be great! I use him as a DLP as well.
No deal. He's about 28 around that time, and you've only got 2-3 good seasons left in him. Besides, that's a huge fee.

If you're looking for a false 9, try Costa. If you want the DLF, I've had success converting Bernard into a F9 and a DLF.

Player: Shawcross
Team you are managing: Everton
Team who are selling: Stoke
Offer: 8.5 m euros & 3.7 mil / year in wages
Year: first season

Player: Doria
Team who are selling: Botafogo
Offer: 12 m euros & 1 mil / year in wages

Which one should I buy ? I need home-grown players but I'm worried about Shawcross' very high wages, and Doria can become the best defender in the world.

Player: Angel Correa
Team who are selling: San Lorenzo
Offer: 4 m euros

Player: Will Hughes
Team who are selling: Derby
Offer: 8 m euros

Again, I need home-grown players but Hughes costs double and I would preffer Correa because I think he is better.

Last edited:
Player: Victor Valdes
Team you are managing: AC Milan
Team who are buying/selling: Fee Transfer
Offer: 60k p/w
Year: 2013/14

ok, my issue with this is the fact he wants a 5 year at the age of 31, do you think its worth it?

ok, my issue with this is the fact he wants a 5 year at the age of 31, do you think its worth it?
He'd be a decent cover for 5 years but his wages don't merit his abilities after a year.

Anyway...

Rafael just handed in a transfer request because "I didn't improve Manchester United's standing"... I promised him I would win the league and I have with five games in hand. (Impressive run so far, won every game except 4 draws and an unlucky defeat).

Anyway I'm confident Real Madrid will come in for the swoop like they usually do, I won't sell for less than £50M, this could fund my quest to sign Mario Ballotelli and Donis Avdijaj! (Welbeck is.. **** and Van Persie is injured all the time and old AND Rooney is at R. Madrid)

Anyway

Player: Mario Ballotelli
Team I am managing: Manchester United
Team he is currently at: AC Milan
Demands: £87M
Year 2014/2015

I haven't been handed my transfer budget yet but I expect it to be around £50M with the current sponsorship. Off course I am considering selling Rafael to Real Madrid or someone and maybe I could sell Phil Jones and bring in Doria.

Last edited:
Balotelli isn't worth £87m.
Also, DON'T sell Jones...he becomes one of the best CBs on the game.

No deal. He's about 28 around that time, and you've only got 2-3 good seasons left in him. Besides, that's a huge fee.

If you're looking for a false 9, try Costa. If you want the DLF, I've had success converting Bernard into a F9 and a DLF.
He's managing Liverpool, and Real Madrid want to buy Suarez

View attachment 367772

Team I am managing: Newcastle
Team who are buying: PSG
Offer: 54 million pounds, after 20 league goals an additional 9.
Extra details: He just came in world team of the year (despite not being my first choice striker), and is home grown, with an extra half star of potential ability left to go. Normally, I'd say yes, but I'm unsure, especially as he is home grown.

Last edited:
Year: Start of the 2016/17 season
Player: Charlie Austin
Fee: 10m pounds
My team: Arsenal
Selling team: QPR

OR

Olivier Giroud who's already at my club XD

If I sell Giroud I can buy a 15-16 year old guy with a future and use Charlie Austin as the backup to Lukaku.

Or keep Giroud as backup to Lukaku and no 15-16 year old wunderkids?

View attachment 367764

Last edited:
He'd be a decent cover for 5 years but his wages don't merit his abilities after a year.

Anyway...

Rafael just handed in a transfer request because "I didn't improve Manchester United's standing"... I promised him I would win the league and I have with five games in hand. (Impressive run so far, won every game except 4 draws and an unlucky defeat).

Anyway I'm confident Real Madrid will come in for the swoop like they usually do, I won't sell for less than £50M, this could fund my quest to sign Mario Ballotelli and Donis Avdijaj! (Welbeck is.. **** and Van Persie is injured all the time and old AND Rooney is at R. Madrid)

Anyway

Player: Mario Ballotelli
Team he is currently at: AC Milan
Demands: £87M
Year 2014/2015

I haven't been handed my transfer budget yet but I expect it to be around £50M with the current sponsorship. Off course I am considering selling Rafael to Real Madrid or someone and maybe I could sell Phil Jones and bring in Doria.

Don't sell Jones. He's is one of the best CBs in the game and is even better at RB. He can also cover at DM, MC if required.
Balotelli is quality but not worth more than 40. He also has a tendency to do idiotic things in important games and is not consistent. He is also really difficult to manage as he sometimes goes missing in training and gets ridiculously unhappy.

Look at Lewandowski after a year. Lukaku is amazing on this game and with the right tactics and training is a guarantee for 30+ goals a season.

Get Ter-Stegen before Barca make an offer for him. He will cost you about 7-10m but you will have a world class keeper for 12-15 years! You can also sell him at a profit later on incase you get an awesome regen coming through. If you lack the funds then Valdes does a pretty amazing job for atleast 3 years. Infact there have been saves when I have signed him on a free and sold him for upto 5-9 million next season because he performs well.

View attachment 617977

Team I am managing: Newcastle
Team who are buying: PSG
Offer: 54 million pounds, after 20 league goals an additional 9.
Extra details: He just came in world team of the year (despite not being my first choice striker), and is home grown, with an extra half star of potential ability left to go. Normally, I'd say yes, but I'm unsure, especially as he is home grown.

Do you need the money? Because those are some pretty deadly attributes! You could actually play him a bit and get much more later on. But if you need the money I guess deal. Though he is 23 and has atleast 7 years in him before his attributes will show any signs of decline. I personally wouldnt have sold.

IMO no deal.

Leandro Damiao?

Player: Leandro Damiao (Brazilian Striker)
Team that is selling: Atletico Madrid
Cost/Fee: GBP 13.5 Mn
Year: 2015 (Month of November)

Just wondering if I should get this striker? I have never played with him but have heard he is decent.. He already has 4 goals and 1 assists in 5 games for Atletico.
Thing is, I play a three man strikeforce, and I currrently have: Ibra, Cavani, Balotelli, Welbeck who can play there. Sold RvP and Rooney for huge amounts..
So, should I get this player?

Do you need the money? Because those are some pretty deadly attributes! You could actually play him a bit and get much more later on. But if you need the money I guess deal. Though he is 23 and has atleast 7 years in him before his attributes will show any signs of decline. I personally wouldnt have sold.

IMO no deal.

I've not sold yet, but I did stall. The other consideration is that these are my other strikers, and I only play with one striker except in games against the bottom 8 in the league.

Ben Edge came through my Youth ranks only a season or two ago, went on loan at the end of last season and did well enough to play for England a couple of times. A few more years, he may be leading the line.
View attachment 367745

This is Grant Turner. He came into the youth team in the third season, and has been on loan to Celtic, West Ham, Wigan, Liverpool and Reading. He would be better but for the phenomenal strikers that have robbed him of playing time. Approaching 100 league career goals, only one of them for us. He's been injured most of the first part of the season though, a series of knocks and niggles, but he's almost at full health, and will be rested again soon. But if I don't start playing him, I might need to let him go, just so that he doesn't go to waste. As you can see, he's proven himself internationally (for me, mostly). So he's got the ability, if he gets the opportunity.

View attachment 367746

This is Victor Torres. Not much to see here, but promising.

View attachment 367744

Florain Shroder could be a fantastic Deep Lying Forward in a year or two. He'd be upgraded to 2nd choice if Addae was to leave.

View attachment 367743

Owona is the best striker in the world. He's been with us for 5 years, and is our all time top goalscorer, with 239 goals in total, and has 172 league goals to his name. Got him from Barca, worth every penny. I can't bench him for Addae, and the right wing is occupied by three time consecutive world player of the year, Adnan Januzaj. He's the only player who's rated more valuable than Owona himself.
View attachment 367742

Given all this, I'm tempted, but I'm not certain if I should or shouldn't.