Fm14 Deal or No Deal thread: Please use when asking if you should buy player x or y

Vela is great, but you should play Werner instead of any of those. He becomes top class, just sold him to Milan for 62m. For that low a fee there's no financial risk in signing him, but personally I'd give that playing time to Werner.

I'd decided to cancel the transfer, but have since agreed a new pre-contract with him which I have confirmed. Vela and Scocco are really struggling for me, although I only bought Vela to sell him on later. I can see Werner has potential, but at the moment isn't good enough :)

I'd decided to cancel the transfer, but have since agreed a new pre-contract with him which I have confirmed. Vela and Scocco are really struggling for me, although I only bought Vela to sell him on later. I can see Werner has potential, but at the moment isn't good enough :)

He had 43(5) apps and 25 goals for me the first season (2015/16), 49(3) apps and 36 goals the next season and then Milan came along. If you're in 2014 I can see how he's not yet ready to be a starter, but make sure you take good care of his talent! He can be a world class player for you if you do :)

Player: Mesut Ozil
Team you are managing: Dortmund
Team who are buying/selling: Arsenal
Offer: ?31m + Neven Subotic
Year: 2014/15 pre-season

Player: Lucas Leiva
Team you are managing: Liverpool
Team who are buying/selling: Man City
Offer: 35M - 15M upfront & 20M over 24 months.
Year: 2013/2014​
AND
Player: Pjanic
Team who are buying/selling: Roma
Offer: 10M
Year: 2013/2014

Last edited:
Depends on how much else you're changing but if you can I'd advise keeping Lucas, he's an excellent player and can play CM or DM depending on what system you're playing. Importantly he retains his sale price over the season so you can get a similar price next season if you want to change then.

Not sure on Pjanic, Man U bought him for ?10.25 in Jan first season on mine. 5 assists in 11 games for them if that's any help.

Depends on how much else you're changing but if you can I'd advise keeping Lucas, he's an excellent player and can play CM or DM depending on what system you're playing. Importantly he retains his sale price over the season so you can get a similar price next season if you want to change then.

Not sure on Pjanic, Man U bought him for ?10.25 in Jan first season on mine. 5 assists in 11 games for them if that's any help.
I'm leaning towards not selling Lucas as he fits my team perfectly. Pjanic would too as it allows Coutinho to play on the left, but he's asking for 110K wages.

Last edited:
Player: Mesut Ozil
Team you are managing: Dortmund
Team who are buying/selling: Arsenal
Offer: ?31m + Neven Subotic
Year: 2014/15 pre-season

That's a hard one. Ozil can be the catalyst for your entire offense, so I would say do it, unless you have some wonderkids you can bring in even cheaper.

That's a hard one. Ozil can be the catalyst for your entire offense, so I would say do it, unless you have some wonderkids you can bring in even cheaper.

Incoming transfer activity so far:
13/14 pre-season:
Mats Daehli 2.6m
Richairo Zivkovic 550k
Ron-Robert Zieler 6.25m
Timo Horn 3.8m
Timo Werner 6m
Eder Alvarez Balanta 9.25m

14/15 pre-seasson
Julian Brandt free

I could bring in the following on loan as they are both transfer listed:
Lewis Holtby
Andre Schurrle

Ideally would love to bring Mario Gotze back to the club, or Toni Kroos but Bayern won't do business.

Player: Lucas Leiva
Team who are buying/selling: Man City
Offer: 35M - 15M upfront & 20M over 24 months.
AND
Player: Pjanic
Team who are buying/selling: Roma
Offer: 10M

deal for both. you can possibly replace lucas with lucas romero/fernando/koke/blaise matuidi/m diame.

Player;Connor Sammon
Team you are managing: Spurs
Team who are selling:Derby
Offer:8 Million
Year: 2015/16 pre season

He scored 29 goals in the championship and then 24 goals in 26 games in the prem, would be my first choice as well as Soldado

Player: Koscielny
Team you are managing:
Arsenal
Team who are buying/selling:
Monaco/PSG
Offer:
?12.75m
Year:
2014/15 pre-season
Other Info:
I also have Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Rever and Balanta, along with a good CB regen I got in my youth intake. But I only got given a ?20m transfer budget, and I am wanting to spend at least ?38m on Benteke and Muniain

EDIT: Pushed the price up to ?16.5m, hopefully I'll be able to get it even higher still.
EDIT x3: Doesn't matter, sold him for ?21m to PSG!

Also:

Player: Benteke
Team you are managing:
Arsenal
Villa
Offer:
?19m
Year:
2014/15 pre-season

OR

Player: Michu
Team you are managing:
Arsenal
Swansea
Offer:
?12m
Year:
2014/15 pre-seasonI have Giroud, Lambert and Gomis as my first team strikers, but I want one to play as a DLF. I also want a shadow striker, so Michu can do both.EDIT x2: Doesn't matter about the Benteke/Michu one now, Benteke followed the money and went to Monaco, instead of me or Barcelona!

Last edited:
Incoming transfer activity so far:
13/14 pre-season:
Mats Daehli 2.6m
Richairo Zivkovic 550k
Ron-Robert Zieler 6.25m
Timo Horn 3.8m
Timo Werner 6m
Eder Alvarez Balanta 9.25m

14/15 pre-seasson
Julian Brandt free

I could bring in the following on loan as they are both transfer listed:
Lewis Holtby
Andre Schurrle

Ideally would love to bring Mario Gotze back to the club, or Toni Kroos but Bayern won't do business.

How is Daehli working out? I haven't used him yet

Player: Chicharito
Team you are managing: Arsenal
United
Offer:
?14m
Year:
2014/15 pre-season

OR

Player: Regen (See Screenshot Below)
Galatasaray
Offer:
?13m
Year:
2014/15 pre-season

I have Giroud, Michu, Lambert and Gomis as my first team strikers, but Gomis attributes suddenly dropped after I signed him. I also have Timo Werner and another regen with 5 star potential (But only 5 silver star ability) in my youth teams. If I signed either of them, I would send Werner out on loan.

So which do you think I should sign, if either? Whichever I buy would use up pretty much all my remaining transfer budget, although the only other position I wanted to strengthen was a RB to replace Sagna, but that can wait for now.

View attachment 455561View attachment 455559

P.S. Hernandez would be on ?75k a week, but the regen would only be on ?15k.

Regen, definitely. He will probably surpass Hernandez long before he turns 20.

Regen, definitely. He will probably surpass Hernandez long before he turns 20.

Taah. I wasn't sure how good Hernandez was, and he is probably better than the regen short-term, but as you said he's got fantastic potential. I couldn't decide which, but gonna get the regen :)

Just a shame I didn't have enough transfer budget left when I first scouted him, could of got him for ?1m compensation! :'(

EDIT: FFS, just found out that in Turkey players can't go abroad until they're 18, so I've cancelled the deal and will go back for Chicarito

Last edited:
[FONT=proxima-nova, Helvetica Neue, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Because of that^, what does anyone think is the best of these 3?

[/FONT]Player: Chicharito
United
Offer:
?14m (?70k a week)
Year:
2014/15 pre-season

Player: Rhodes
Team who are buying/selling: Blackburn

Offer: ?
7m (?40k a week)
Year:
2014/15 pre-season

Player: Huntelaar
Schalke
Offer:
?12.75m (?110k a week)
Year:
2014/15 pre-season

player:
James Ward prowseteam you are managing: Man U
team who are selling: Southampton
offer: 20m
year: July 13player: Luke shaw
team you are managing: Man U
offer: 21m
year: July 13

Seems like a lot of money for such young players?
Are they worth it?
can I get anyone better for that money? That is young?

i did try getting them down they wanted about 25-27m for each of them.
currently delayed the transfers for a week.

player:
James Ward prowseteam you are managing: Man U
offer: 20m
year: July 13player: Luke shaw
team you are managing: Man U
offer: 21m
year: July 13

Seems like a lot of money for such young players?
Are they worth it?
can I get anyone better for that money? That is young?

i did try getting them down they wanted about 25-27m for each of them.
currently delayed the transfers for a week.

No deal for both. If you want young players for those positions, Will Hughes and Eder Balanta are both cheaper, and MUCH​ better!

No deal for both. If you want young players for those positions, Will Hughes and Eder Balanta are both cheaper, and MUCH​ better!

Cheers,

can you recommend me some good young players for the future on my Man U save... in the box to box mold, deep lying playmaker defend and central midfield support?

i've just cancelled those deals got Hughes coming for 10m and balanta for 12m.

Cheers,

can you recommend me some good young players for the future on my Man U save... in the box to box mold, deep lying playmaker defend and central midfield support?

i've just cancelled those deals got Hughes coming for 10m and balanta for 12m.

Do you mean a player for each role, or someone that can play all 3? As CM support and Box-to-box are very similar, bar perhaps stamina and workrate needed for a BtB

If you meant all 3:
Box to box or CM support: Verratti, Ramsey, Wilshere, Herrera, Pogba, Lucas Romero,
DLP: Strandberg, Goretzka, Diego Reyes, Radosevic, Podstawski, Lucas Romero, Zelalem, Xhaka, Crisetig