FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

Made it to the CL Quarter Finals with Liverpool, got given Arsenal. On the 21st and 22nd of April. Marvellous.

View attachment 332337

Just had a ridiculous 5-5 draw.

- Went 4-1 up with some good football and excellent team goals (their goal was a tap in following long range screamer)
- They pull ahead 5-4, scoring 3 more from outside the box and another from a difficult angle just inside the box.
- My player hits the wall from a freekick (a surprise in itself as they all seem to fly in on the beta), then promptly smashes in the rebound from 20 yards out.

Now, my 'keeper is certainly average but no worse than the majority of players that he is facing. It seems any shot from distance results in a goal, be it a rebound or straight in the net, whether aimed at the corner or more centrally. Freekicks I understand are being looked at but seem overly productive also, and not just direct ones. Is it just lower league or is this happening at all levels?

One of the things that frustrates me the most is not being able to tell my wingers "Don't f****n' shoot from a zero degree angle!". The amount of goals I didn't score because my wingers(even with "shoot less") never just passed the ball between the keeper and defenders is ridiculous!

Has anyone been able get their wingers to NOT act like egoistical s**ts when they are in front of goal?

Hit the woodwork :( remarkedly your team hit the woodwork 6 times in the match.....

Also I'll add that I have seen some strange defensive decisions from players some were obviously my fault but even after tweaking the individual roles there's still a few incidents each match that could do with a match engine fix. For example a player might casually walk back to a long ball over the top whilst an opposing defender sprints 80 yards to get there first. Last one was Danny Rose being beaten to the ball by John O'Shea!

I've noticed free kicks are a big source of goals at the moment, Christian Erikson scores one every two games on average.

I will say though this is the best version I've played since 12 and I'm sure the full release will have a lot of issues resolved and we won't be relying on a February patch to have a working game. I'm used to the interface now and it is well designed, colours could do with a little tweak but I do that myself anyway. Scouting is much better, no more 'get scout report', 'he'll do', 'buy'. Far more realistic having to scout for a while to get a decent idea of whether the signing is worth while.

Reserving full judgement til mid November as I think the game is slightly easier than I was expecting but I'm sure that will change with full release. Be nice if there are no major changes that require a new game to come in to effect as I reckon this spurs save could turn into a long one.

One of the things that frustrates me the most is not being able to tell my wingers "Don't f****n' shoot from a zero degree angle!". The amount of goals I didn't score because my wingers(even with "shoot less") never just passed the ball between the keeper and defenders is ridiculous!

Has anyone been able get their wingers to NOT act like egoistical s**ts when they are in front of goal?

Chadli, Lamela, Erikson, Lennon and Townsend were bad for it if played as inside forwards but generally as wingers or advanced playmakers they don't do it too much

Chadli, Lamela, Erikson, Lennon and Townsend were bad for it if played as inside forwards but generally as wingers or advanced playmakers they don't do it too much

I use wingers with an attacking duty, and they often get in the box with the options of passing to the back post or going for goal themselves. They usually shoot, and that really annoys me.

I use wingers with an attacking duty, and they often get in the box with the options of passing to the back post or going for goal themselves. They usually shoot, and that really annoys me.

That's because they're on Attack Duty.. More often than not, they'll be selfish, drift to goal-scoring opportunities in the center and take them too. If their decisions and anticipation are high, then stupid chances may not happen as often, but with Attack duty, it generally will. Use one on attack, and one on support. That way, you'll have attacking options, and a player who looks to set other players up with a cross or a pass..

Crash dumps are really starting to get me down as I am really enjoying this version. It always seems to be as I am clicking Match preperation! Do you think this is a problem with my computer som how or just the Beta? Saving every few days of the fear of undoing my hard work.

Crash dumps are really starting to get me down as I am really enjoying this version. It always seems to be as I am clicking Match preperation! Do you think this is a problem with my comp uter som how or just the Beta? Saving every few days of the fear of undoing my hard work.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/418-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

That's the place to report it. For now, make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. You could also try dropping down the detail level slightly.

Last edited:
Beating man utd with liverpool 3-0 at half time.(3 really good team goals) 60th min drawing 3-3 from 3 really bad back passes from the cb to the gk. draw 5-5

My main frustrations are

Poor CB positioning
Poor goalkeeping in general
Really terrible back passes
Stupid amount of long shots

That's because they're on Attack Duty.. More often than not, they'll be selfish, drift to goal-scoring opportunities in the center and take them too. If their decisions and anticipation are high, then stupid chances may not happen as often, but with Attack duty, it generally will. Use one on attack, and one on support. That way, you'll have attacking options, and a player who looks to set other players up with a cross or a pass..

That explains a lot, thanks a bunch. Will try it out!

Yeah SI are scripting their game to crash guise

Sounds ******* legit.

Well, after 2 good wins and a crash I reloaded, played both games again and still won by even bigger margins! (H)

But, both games resulted in major multi month massive injuries :'( and some red cards :(. I'll take it in my stride. No restart, no surrender.

I've also solved the problem of my strikers running around like headless chickens blasting the ball out of the stadium by simply shouting "chill tempo" & "work ball into da box, dude".

I had 15 shots, they had 15 shots.
I had 7 shots on target, they had 4 shots on target.
I had 1 half chance, they had 1 half chance.
I had 6 clear chances, they had 1 clear chance.

...I scored 3 goals, they scored 4 goals...

I had 15 shots, they had 15 shots.
I had 7 shots on target, they had 4 shots on target.
I had 1 half chance, they had 1 half chance.
I had 6 clear chances, they had 1 clear chance.

...I scored 3 goals, they scored 4 goals...

Remember clear cut chances mean essentially nothing.

Remember clear cut chances mean essentially nothing.

Maybe not at top level but in the Romanian second tier they must do. Their goals were all unbelievable finishes, I might add.
Are the long shots currently being looked at? I know they have talked about looking at high scoring games in the lower leagues.

Maybe not at top level but in the Romanian second tier they must do. Their goals were all unbelievable finishes, I might add.
Are the long shots currently being looked at? I know they have talked about looking at high scoring games in the lower leagues.

No, I mean CCCs are wonky as **** and have been for a while. The game considers some weird **** CCCs and vice versa too.

Long shots are being looked at.

No, I mean CCCs are wonky as **** and have been for a while. The game considers some weird **** CCCs and vice versa too.

Long shots are being looked at.

You just killed my excitement for this match.

View attachment 332281

And then you killed my anger for this match
View attachment 332280

are CCC's really that badly recorded? if so I'm just gonna bin it from my view

You just killed my excitement for this match.

View attachment 698021

And then you killed my anger for this match
View attachment 698023

are CCC's really that badly recorded? if so I'm just gonna bin it from my view

They're not entirely unworkable, I just don't get why people constantly put so much stock in them. Just look at the chances and shots for yourself rather than relying on CCCs to give you an overview.