FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
Just went from 5 midfielders and a healthy rotation to having only 1 left and having to play a **** regen at CM in 2 games.

i do drop it down to counter and rigid but nothing changes

Look what spaces they're exploiting, make players to more defensive roles or change formation tooccupy those areas. Consider playing narrower or wider.

Hands up anyone who uses a 4-2-3-1 Denmark and puts four of their AML/AMR/AMC/FWD players on "attack duty" (in particular both the AMC and FWD position both at once). Don't be ashamed to admit, this is new to FM 2015. Every player in that position on attack duty won't track back (contrary to support), which can leave you with half a team not defending any after losing the ball, and the AMC/FWD dynamics appear to be looked at by the developers. In any case, you will see high scoring games and won't be able to close out a game with some regularity.

kQ9KvZZ.jpg

Last edited:
Hands up anyone who uses a 4-2-3-1 Denmark and puts four of their AML/AMR/AMC/FWD players on "attack duty" (in particular both the AMC and FWD position both at once). Don't be ashamed to admit, this is new to FM 2015. Every player in that position on attack duty won't track back (contrary to support), which can leave you with half a team not defending any after losing the ball, and the AMC/FWD dynamics appear to be looked at by the developers. In any case, you will see high scoring games and won't be able to close out a game with some regularity.

Thats exactly how it's meant to work. If you want your players to stay high up the pitch, put them on attack. If you want them to help defend a lot, use support. Not sure what the issue is here.

A free player chooses to join Norwich who are in Championship over me as Leeds who have just won promotion to Premier League while my offer is far better than their's in every important aspect!!!
Wage : 14k vs 8.5k
Squad Status : First Team vs Rotation
Yearly Wage Rise: 10% vs 5%

He is from Paraguay and definitely not a fan of Norwich... How is this possible?!

To be fair, I'd much rather live in Norwich than Leeds ;)

Thats exactly how it's meant to work. If you want your players to stay high up the pitch, put them on attack. If you want them to help defend a lot, use support. Not sure what the issue is here.

Not as much of an issue, but from personal playing experience with more balanced setups and ones described as above I'm very much convinced that the majority of players who experience this have such formations and duties applied. At its most drastic, seen somebody playing more than ten seasons into the game and not noticing (and let's face it, on text commentary mode you will likely never get to see it).

The AMC/FWD relationship still appears to be looked at. If you put an AMC on an attack duty and a FWD on a support duty, the AMC will end up being the player highest up the pitch during defending, something impossible in previous iterations. This is all very much new in this iteration, similar to attacking players, in particular AMLs and AMRs much better tracking back on support duties (lack of tracking back was a common complaint previously). Attack has the averse effect, though. The most damaging effect this can have is naturally the AMC/Attack behavior. If both the AMC and FWD are on an attack duty, there is central space for the opposition to exploit to boot. Definitely new. And putting four or more players up there on attack duties is pretty much a no-go, except if you admire random losses, high scoring games and not being able to see a game out any.

Last edited:
Not as much of an issue, but from personal playing experience with more balanced setups and ones described as above I'm very much convinced that the majority of players who experience this have such formations and duties applied. At its most drastic, seen somebody playing more than ten seasons into the game and not noticing (and let's face it, on text commentary mode you will likely never get to see it).

The AMC/FWD relationship still appears to be looked at. If you put an AMC on an attack duty and a FWD on a support duty, the AMC will end up being the player highest up the pitch during defending, something impossible in previous iterations. This is all very much new in this iteration, similar to attacking players, in particular AMLs and AMRs much better tracking back on support duties (lack of tracking back was a common complaint previously). Attack has the averse effect, though. The most damaging effect this can have is naturally the AMC/Attack behavior. If both the AMC and FWD are on an attack duty, there is central space for the opposition to exploit to boot. Definitely new. And putting four or more players up there on attack duties is pretty much a no-go, except if you admire random losses, high scoring games and not being able to see a game out any.

I fail to see where the problem is here. All you've described is logical reactions to match engine inputs. No real life team is going to start a match with the equivalent of four players only attacking all the time, that's suicidal, and that's how it is in FM.

I fail to see where the problem is here. All you've described is logical reactions to match engine inputs.

Those are new reactions, in particular the AMC/FWD relationship (which is confirmed and being looked at by SI). Previously you wouldn't end up with half a team not defending any and just staying up the half-way line whilst the other guys are naturally outnumbered and outplayed every time the opposition moves the ball about in your own third. I don't see that a problem that you can put up a team to play/defend this way. I however suspect that a problem for the majority of players who experience the occasional freak results though, and frequent wonder comebacks. To put it in another way, whilst I may have posted this in the frustrations thread, this was a hint to avoid frustration, not to vent anger.

There still is a portion of the player base who'd put their defend players on "Defend" duty, their midfield players on "support" duty and their attack players on "attack" duty. And similar. Looking at such a team's shape when defending, it is easy to see why such occurances would happen frequently. Never tried it myself until I was pointed to a pkm, and upon trying myself I witnessed my very first string of super high scoring games right from the first match.

Last edited:
I fail to see where the problem is here. All you've described is logical reactions to match engine inputs. No real life team is going to start a match with the equivalent of four players only attacking all the time, that's suicidal, and that's how it is in FM.

I don't think he's saying that there's a problem, just that things are different in this version and that trying to set teams up like you would in previous iterations will get you hammered.

More importantly, I just lost the ******* semi final of the CL because of backpasses. Twice, my players got the ball, then under no pressure turned around, just sort of tapped the ball a foot or two in front of them (didn't actually pass back to the keeper) and then did nothing whilst the opposition striker nipped in and scored. Those were their only 2 shots on target.

Worst still I've been playing on a 4 hour binge and I never save during a session, as I generally hate save scumming, so my nearest save point was 6/7 huge games away. I'll just have to reload in a week or so when I'm less ****** off but man, that was complete and utter BS.

To cool ^ this down,

I just got promoted to Championship, and all my players want to leave, including my top 2 defenders and top mid, to other Championship teams. I don't understand, they were perfectly content playing for me in League 1, but now that we're actually in the Championship, they want to leave...to another Championship team. Maybe they're just being huge bums and refuse to play in any unfavorable situations and wants to bail.

And of course, in typical FM fashion they will not take no for an answer. One of them said I'll have a full mutiny on my hands by the time he's done. Great. I find it very difficult to believe that L1 calibre players would have the balls to make that kinds of threats in real life...but of course that's another issue that I've ranted about in the past :(

Edit: Sigh, add my top winger and fullback to the list. All this before playing one pre-season friendly. Literally nothing I say has any effect on any of them, every single one is dead set on leaving. This is getting just a little too ridiculous.

Last edited:
Mad Boards:

1) Barcé Board

So, after a tough first season with Barcé and their ageing squad I did manage to miraculously win the Champions League. Suaréz scored around 1 goal per game. The fans, the media, the board were all loving me.

Season 2 went as follows:
La Liga: vs. Volladoid - win 8-1
Super Cup leg 1: vs. Madrid - win 5-3
La Liga: vs. Valencia - lose 1-5
Super Cup leg 2: vs. Madrid - drew 3-3 (overall win 8-6)
SACKED!

2) Anyway, I stared a new save with Dortmund and all is going well.... but there was almost a possibility of sacking. I lost a pre-season friendly match against Barcé 2-0 and the board demanded crisis talks claiming the loss was unacceptable. Bleedin' Nora! I told them the squad needed match fitness. "Not good enough!" they said. I told them to stick their crisis chat up their affiliate. They seemed happy enough with that. I won the next match 10-0.

Just had my first ever crash dump, I was hoping this bullshit would never happen to me.

Last edited:
My Director of Football, never makes any bids for players even though he's instructed to. Even if I make a player a Transfer Target he does nothing.

Paid £50m for this "2.5 star potential with a chance of him being a 4.5 star"... it will rise to £70m after so many appearances, for **** sake. What a waste of money, I was in dire need for central defender (planned on retraining him)... I sold Rojo to Bayern for £15m, Jones and Balanta don't play well together... oh for **** sake :P

The only good news is that Daniel Movio, an argentine regen is looking promising.

I know for certain he will flop for me... I don't play players above better players if their potential isn't great.

Last edited:
um...why?

Yes, £50m is a LOT for potential - I've just paid £7m for a 15 year old, but I'd scouted him for a full year and was pretty certain he'd still be 4 star or better potential (turns out he's 4 to 5). Given the number of regens each year paying £50m for potential is absurd. Frankly, you're better waiting another year and see who else comes along - buying up youth is a long term game. Especially this year with added vaguary from the scouting system patience and prudence is important.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS FORUM?

Can't moderators delete these stupid bullshit threads appearing day after day?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS FORUM?

Can't moderators delete these stupid bullshit threads appearing day after day?

Not really an FM rage :P

But yeah it is annoying but if there is no mods on what can they do?

Back