FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
Hi,
first of all i want to say that i play this game since CM 00/01.I play it for almost 15 years for almost every day.This what you did with FM 15 is nothing but crime.This game is totally unplayable,irrational and absolutely has no sense.

Well, that didn't take long for me to stop reading.

I really wonder what you'd have made of pre-release stuff. The three or four days where literally every long shot from over about 20 yards went in. If the current game is unplayable, I'd love to see what you'd call that.

EDIT: BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! I actually read on!

So FM 15 is definitely the worst fm/cm game ever made.and it tops a lot.

Football_Manager_2009.jpg

Not even a contest. And that's not an opinion, that's the most objective thing in the world.

Last edited:
Well, that didn't take long for me to stop reading.

I really wonder what you'd have made of pre-release stuff. The three or four days where literally every long shot from over about 20 yards went in. If the current game is unplayable, I'd love to see what you'd call that.

EDIT: BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! I actually read on!

Football_Manager_2009.jpg

Not even a contest. And that's not an opinion, that's the most objective thing in the world.

Amazing. Someone has a valid opinion and you just have to be a complete pleb with a response like that.

Amazing. Someone has a valid opinion and you just have to be a complete pleb with a response like that.

I'm all for well-structured and valid criticism, but when someone posts a wall of text with gems like 'this game is unplayable' (objectively untrue) 'values are messed up' (ill-informed, since values are not meant to directly reflect a player's true value to his club) 'tactics make no difference' (objectively untrue) 'results are decided by luck' (objectively ridiculously untrue) and criticising star ratings (which change dependent on what club you are, players you have and how good your scouts are, amongst other variables, making it totally pointless to rag on) then I have a rather short fuse.

Compare that to this:

That corner bug is still in the game. Not once but twice in the charity shield my back 3 of Skertal, Sakho and Balanti got out headed at the near post by a man u player with a heading stat of 12. Wouldnt mind if there was a way to train to stop this.

Which is a perfectly valid criticism, though harbouring a slight confirmation bias, since corners are still a little broken. That's a frustration. The first post was not, it was a rant filled with incorrect statements and hearsay.

Oh, and less of the namecalling, please.

Goddammit SI, I want a game where I can crush the opposition with minimum effort, and not one iota of thought required. Why, oh why, can you not be more like Fifa?

Thing is, there's already FMC, if you want an easier game mode you can zip through in a couple of hours like old FMs. Not sure why more people don't use that.

How in anyway is that a valid opinion!? It's just a whine that FM15 doesn't allow him to stick to one, probably ****, tactic and win 4 or 5-0 every game...Heaven forbid people change with the times and adapt their tactics to suit the situation.

Just my opinion tho...

How in anyway is that a valid opinion!? It's just a whine that FM15 doesn't allow him to stick to one, probably ****, tactic and win 4 or 5-0 every game...Heaven forbid people change with the times and adapt their tactics to suit the situation.

Just my opinion tho...

Interestingly, that can be taken as both sides of the debate. Lots of sides use the same base tactic for every game and do alright - Southampton last year, for example - and some people argue that's not possible in this FM. I can't say I've encountered that problem myself, but it's certainly a valid opinion. Well, it is if it's not prefaced by "this is the worst FM ever therefore this is categorically correct, no questions asked".

Interestingly, that can be taken as both sides of the debate. Lots of sides use the same base tactic for every game and do alright - Southampton last year, for example - and some people argue that's not possible in this FM. I can't say I've encountered that problem myself, but it's certainly a valid opinion. Well, it is if it's not prefaced by "this is the worst FM ever therefore this is categorically correct, no questions asked".

Very true. I tend to start with the same base tactic, but i find that in FM15, if you don't keep an eye on the oppositions tactical changes and try to counter it, then you will concede a fair few goals. The amount of times i'd be leading well at half time, but then not adapt as the game progressed and concede 2+ goals in a 2nd half...

Very true. I tend to start with the same base tactic, but i find that in FM15, if you don't keep an eye on the oppositions tactical changes and try to counter it, then you will concede a fair few goals. The amount of times i'd be leading well at half time, but then not adapt as the game progressed and concede 2+ goals in a 2nd half...

Right, and that makes sense, of course. Personally I always used to try and make tweaks through personnel rather than tactics, but on the whole it seems this year a more balanced approach works better, which again makes sense. It's left a few people short-changed, of course, but they'll get used to it as the game wears on. I had an advantage having played the game for a few months before everyone else, of course, so I can't be TOO critical of others struggling with small bits and pieces like this.

Right, and that makes sense, of course. Personally I always used to try and make tweaks through personnel rather than tactics, but on the whole it seems this year a more balanced approach works better, which again makes sense. It's left a few people short-changed, of course, but they'll get used to it as the game wears on. I had an advantage having played the game for a few months before everyone else, of course, so I can't be TOO critical of others struggling with small bits and pieces like this.
I can tho :)

Do you really think I'm that stupid and narrowminded that after 15 years of playing I stick to one tactic and only want to win games with 4-5 goals difference???
I know you all deal with all kinds of imature players and u take me as one of them,but please,cut the bull****.Sure this is only a game and noone should be upset.Well I wouldn's say it's just a game for those who make and develop it.They are probably millionaires now and don't spend as much time really developing as they did when they were not so rich.That jos is progressively passed on to some new employes there who are not as nearly good as those who used to develop game in earlier years.
Player values are in many leagues not correct.Take that Croatian First division where everything is wrong.Players are mostly worth 50-100K.Even if they would became Champions league top scorers,their value wouldn't change...There are really and objectively lot of thing wrong in this game.

Do you really think I'm that stupid and narrowminded that after 15 years of playing I stick to one tactic and only want to win games with 4-5 goals difference???
I know you all deal with all kinds of imature players and u take me as one of them,but please,cut the bull****.Sure this is only a game and noone should be upset.Well I wouldn's say it's just a game for those who make and develop it.They are probably millionaires now and don't spend as much time really developing as they did when they were not so rich.

As someone who worked for SI, I can tell you that's definitely not true. In fact, development requires more and more people each year, and subsequently a **** of a lot more time invested into it.

That jos is progressively passed on to some new employes there who are not as nearly good as those who used to develop game in earlier years.

Again, as the game gets more complex and the people who work on it more experienced, generally the standard gets better. Moreover, with more money they can attract better talent. So that's not true, unless you ask Dunc. ;)

Player values are in many leagues not correct.Take that Croatian First division where everything is wrong.Players are mostly worth 50-100K.Even if they would became Champions league top scorers,their value wouldn't change...There are really and objectively lot of thing wrong in this game.

That's tied in to league rep, which is arguably not quite right. Even so, values are not what you seem to be thinking they are: they reflect a player's estimated value by other clubs. As a small (in terms of the world) club in a reasonably small league, other clubs assume your players are easily poached for small sums. Now, to you, they might be worth millions more, but their estimated market value is rarely going to be as high as how you rate them. You have got a point that perhaps values need to be more fluid, however.

I agree there's a quite a few bits about this game that are broken. If there weren't, I'd close this thread right away. But you're not bringing many of them up, and you're making wild suppositions that you can't substantiate, which I'm not going to let fly. But if you want to have a rant about how crossing is still slightly broken, man, be my guest.

Last edited:
Derby County 1st season EPL March 2016 and pretty much overachieving game has been plenty easy to be honest until my last 3 games...

Lost 2-0, 1-0, 4-0 and dominated every game 20+ shots over half on target 3+ CCCs... I have Danny Ings and good wide men who regularly score so not scoring 3 in a row when Iv had the chances is so annoying... Just to rub it in 2 games says referee appeared bias against me...

Just had to rage quit...

I am in season 22/23 in Classic Mode. Managing Arsenal, then Inter. World Class reputation, won it all. I've been looking for a new job for two seasons now, and in two years not one post at a top 5/6 side in England, France, Germany, or Spain has become available...

Keep getting international offers, but i'm not interested!

Is this a known issue, or have I just been really unfortunate?

I am in season 22/23 in Classic Mode. Managing Arsenal, then Inter. World Class reputation, won it all. I've been looking for a new job for two seasons now, and in two years not one post at a top 5/6 side in England, France, Germany, or Spain has become available...

Keep getting international offers, but i'm not interested!

Is this a known issue, or have I just been really unfortunate?

Bit of both, I remember there was an issue regarding job offers from abroad, so it's likely still around.

But if you want to have a rant about how crossing is still slightly broken, man, be my guest.

A bit bothered by that. I have a suspicion and that's the source it's not in the end of the crosses but in their start: having players on top seems not to have all the effect it should have. Made a report some time ago, with the 15.1.1. With patches it seems to have improved and now it doesn't make me think it's wrong as much. I've seen a couple of instances of success with two markers in my first match after the 15.2 patch that initially made me think it had got a little worse; but it doesn't seem to be true from the few matches since. Of course, I will keep an eye in case there's something I can see or contribute on the matter. So far not really bothered, actually.

A bit bothered by that. I have a suspicion and that's the source it's not in the end of the crosses but in their start: having players on top seems not to have all the effect it should have. Made a report some time ago, with the 15.1.1. With patches it seems to have improved and now it doesn't make me think it's wrong as much. I've seen a couple of instances of success with two markers in my first match after the 15.2 patch that initially made me think it had got a little worse; but it doesn't seem to be true from the few matches since. Of course, I will keep an eye in case there's something I can see or contribute on the matter. So far not really bothered, actually.

Yep. Essentially what was wrong with crossing wasn't the cross itself that was OP, it was how the markers reacted to the cross. This wasn't a problem in FM14 because in the box movement from forwards wasn't as sharp, but since they perfected that it ended up unstoppable. It's been made quite a lot better from when I first saw it (which was hilarious, literally every goal came from a cross) and I think it's about serviceable now.

Back