I'm getting seriously fed up with offsides in this version. Fullbacks running well beyond the last line and staying there. Strikers constantly standing in an offside position. I tried playing a quicker tempo, more direct style in the hope they would play through balls before the striker got into an offside position, didn't work. Tried playing a short, slow build up game, didn't work. The only thing I can think is to play my striker as a DLF or play down the wings. Playing an advanced forward or poacher is impossible. Even trequartista didn't work. Anyone else have any ideas?

P.S. I am playing with Kane, Gameiro or Andone.

Doesn't matter what team I am or what striker I have scoring headers from at least 8 yards out is near on impossible. Kane and lukaku I've had both miss 90% Of 'sitters' or 'real chances' as the commentry says

Commentary seems done after the TV commentarists style of vastly missrepresent ease of chances based solely on the distance to goal, disregarding completely that the keeper hs actually covering the whole net from the ball or has had loads of time to see the ball's trajectory to predict where ball and foot/head will meet and therefore where the ball will be shot at, while dismissing real good chances where the striker has plenty of angles to shoot at the ball simply because he isn't close.

Safe to say I won't be buying the new one. It's come to the point now where I can predict when I'm going to concede. Actually pathetic

Commentary seems done after the TV commentarists style of vastly missrepresent ease of chances based solely on the distance to goal, disregarding completely that the keeper hs actually covering the whole net from the ball or has had loads of time to see the ball's trajectory to predict where ball and foot/head will meet and therefore where the ball will be shot at, while dismissing real good chances where the striker has plenty of angles to shoot at the ball simply because he isn't close.

But.... HE HAS TO SCORE!!!!1 At least the game doesn't try to simulate Ronaldo yet and probably shouldn't (100 shots for 3 league goals between September and January, he's killing Madrid's season almost all alone). If it would,... funhouse. :D

So true, every **** cross is a goal for the oppositon :S

95% crosses defended successfuly. So it's your tactics (or my luck as there's been some issues/bugs so many complain and I don't experience. Like "AMR/L don't get back to defend no matter what I do" and my issue has always been I couldn't stop mine from helping defensively when I wanted them to forget defense and stay up).

This is a rage thread so its, fine, rage away. But I want to rage a bit too, and that darren comment has reminded me of an annoyance I get when I watched some YTers (that either I don't follow anymore or have left) in past versions: they complain they know the AI team will score against them. "You can tell it, it's always the same, you know they'll score". And you could be forgiven to believe them as they say it; but if you watched their videos, you'd notice something: every single time the highlight showed the AI team with the ball, the first thing they said was "they'll score". And they didn't and didn't and didn't and didn't and didn't and didn't and didn't and didn't and after twenty highlights through several videos the AI does score, immediate reaction "SEE? I KNEW IT! I CAN TELL THE AI IS GOING TO SCORE!!" Well, you've got it right once out of thirty because you keep saying they'll score when they get the ball in the highlight. I can be the best wheather forecaster by that criteria: I just go every day saying "tomorrow it will rain in Sahara desert" then when it finally does after three years saying it - wrong - every day, the one day it rains I'll be boasting I predicted it.

95% crosses defended successfuly. So it's your tactics (or my luck as there's been some issues/bugs so many complain and I don't experience. Like "AMR/L don't get back to defend no matter what I do" and my issue has always been I couldn't stop mine from helping defensively when I wanted them to forget defense and stay up).

This is a rage thread so its, fine, rage away. But I want to rage a bit too, and that darren comment has reminded me of an annoyance I get when I watched some YTers (that either I don't follow anymore or have left) in past versions: they complain they know the AI team will score against them. "You can tell it, it's always the same, you know they'll score". And you could be forgiven to believe them as they say it; but if you watched their videos, you'd notice something: every single time the highlight showed the AI team with the ball, the first thing they said was "they'll score". And they didn't and didn't and didn't and didn't and didn't and didn't and didn't and didn't and after twenty highlights through several videos the AI does score, immediate reaction "SEE? I KNEW IT! I CAN TELL THE AI IS GOING TO SCORE!!" Well, you've got it right once out of thirty because you keep saying they'll score when they get the ball in the highlight. I can be the best wheather forecaster by that criteria: I just go every day saying "tomorrow it will rain in Sahara desert" then when it finally does after three years saying it - wrong - every day, the one day it rains I'll be boasting I predicted it.

Classic example of confirmation bias.

Just as complaining about crosses is - unless you watch the entire match, you don't see all the highlights with failed crosses, just the ones that result in key chances and therefore assume crosses are overpowered

Not a rage but a small, self-created annoyance. My save-bouncing has me starting a save in the 2.Bundseliga. Not the most exciting club but with a squad more than good enough to gain promotion, but not good enough to really survive in the Bundesliga. So I figure I have time to build. Starting budget is only 1.5m. I used about half of that on a young Slovenian MC who will be first choice. Then I went after some youths, since the club's youth system doesn't have much...

So three tricks I have been using....

-tick Add Players to Active Clubs when starting a new save. This generates first day newgens
-look for players on amateur contracts (so with zero player value) as they can be signed on free, even right after generating. No compensation paid either
-players who could be signed on compensation but won't right after generated because they "just signed with their current club" may still agree to sign if bring them in on a trial.

The club got a first day newgen GK. A 5 star 15 year old goalkeeper. Brilliant... except age rules in Germany mean he can't play in the league until he's 17. Bah!

So then finding a few youths to snap up. Ended up using a scouting tool (BOOOOOOooo) and went a touch overboard. Found a couple of the amateur-contract players in the United States (always a good shout) and Portugal lower levels. Offered contracts. Then offered a bunch of trials. By the time the youth player arrives on the trial, there is a pretty good chance they will already have agreed a new contract with their existing club and they can't be signed that way. Even though I made the trial requests immediately (before hitting continue once), some clubs agree quickly and some don't. So it all ends up being haphazard and I lost track of who I signed. And so a couple weeks into the save, when the transfer window officially opens and the players join the club, I have almost thirty players coming in.

******* oops.

Besides the MC and a veteran defender (for tutoring), the rest are youth. A couple will make a contribution in the first season to some level, but a lot aren't close. Got some young Germans, which is important. A couple of Polish players, a couple of Americans, and too many Portuguese. Lots of attacking mids, winger, and strikers. Not enough defenders. The things that annoys about it realizing that if we do promote, most of these players will wont' help all that much next year in the Bundesliga. So I will be in that gray area where I have a youth player who isn't quite good enough to perform to the required level yet, but if I buy an upgrade, they impact that development. Looks fun!

I've done this before in other saves and it kills it dead. Still gonna try to go forward with this one, at least for now. Will probably end up loaning some of them out and trying to sell them for a bit of cash, which should make some easy profits. Think I'm kinda just biding time until the winter update, which is at least a month away from being released. I want to go back to manage in Mexico, but the club that appeals the most there (Lobos) are ****** for sponsorships, so hoping that gets looked at. Also tempted to try South American again - Argentina or more likely Colombia - but those are saves where your options are so limited.

Surely the best way to check this is to look at the crossing stats after the game. There are also a lot of other things to take into account, like the crossing ability of your players, and the ability of your striker to get on the end of them, and put it in the net. Then there's things like morale, composure, jumping, heading, off-the-ball, aggression, concentration, workrate, determination etc. etc.

Surely the best way to check this is to look at the crossing stats after the game. There are also a lot of other things to take into account, like the crossing ability of your players, and the ability of your striker to get on the end of them, and put it in the net. Then there's things like morale, composure, jumping, heading, off-the-ball, aggression, concentration, workrate, determination etc. etc.

You misunderstood, my striker has nothing to do, I'm saying my team defends crosses very well and have not a great problem with them. The intent of being helpful is appreciated, though.

You misunderstood, my striker has nothing to do, I'm saying my team defends crosses very well and have not a great problem with them. The intent of being helpful is appreciated, though.

I know. I was backing you up.

Classic example of confirmation bias.

Just as complaining about crosses is - unless you watch the entire match, you don't see all the highlights with failed crosses, just the ones that result in key chances and therefore assume crosses are overpowered

Fine you're right I only watch the key chances, but why my crosses don't end up as goals but theirs are?

Fine you're right I only watch the key chances, but why my crosses don't end up as goals but theirs are?

Do you have the stats from the game? How many crosses were there? It also depends on your tactics. If you are playing a high pressing game they are going to have more men defending. Most of the goals I concede from crosses are on the counter-attack.

I have been away for a few months with work, just came home, bought FM like always and guess what ??? ... WHAT A BIG ******* SURPRISE!!!
I never expected to find FM in fabruary in such a bad shape, IT IS ATROCIOUS ! :mad::S:mad:
I don`t have words to describe how bad it is, it`s patch 18.2.2 & it`s full of bugs, don`t even know with what to start.
I`ve had my share of bad patches on FM over the years, but this time ... NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE IT!
Since FM13, things are going down & down & down with this game, this year it`s the biggest pile of **** i`ve ever seen from SI.
PERIOD!

How many players in positions do you usually have in a team? For example, 3 left backs, 2 right, 3 CBs and so on?

How many players in positions do you usually have in a team? For example, 3 left backs, 2 right, 3 CBs and so on?

I usually have two players for each role. Then if anything happens, I try to rotate other players in the needed position. Sometimes I get a loan 3rd goalkeeper as well (just in case).

Don't get a Red Card all season and then get 3 between the FA Cup Final and the UCL final, what a crock of sh#t.

Sandro wins UCL def of the year, Sanchez midfielder of the year and De Gea GK of the year but none of them make dream team.

STRIKERS CANT SCORE
WINGERS CANT CROSS
DEFENDERS CANT PASS TO A TEAMMATE
I FEEL LIKE LAUNCHING THE LAPTOP OUT OF THE WINDOW EVERY TIME IM PLAYING