Currently with Barcelona. Using a possession tactics from FM17. That still works here and Barcelona has good players.

I'm ok with my tactics and adjustments. Nearly 100 points each season.

But each season I have 1-2 matches I cannot explain. It looks like I played with a great odds agains me. Can't shoot on target, miss 4-5 chances, 50 shoots no goals or just one. It ends up with a draw, a lost or a super hard win.

Frustrated, rematch (yes, I know it's cheating) with same line up, same formation, same talks. Won 4-0 at half time, 7-0 at full time.

Rematch again. 6-1, 5-0, 6-0, 7-0, 8-1. In the last 4 matches, I didn't even adjust a thing, just let them play.

I really don't know what happened at the first time. No, I'm not a possession adict, I know how to create space. It's just that they can't shoot.

It looks like in the first match, their shooting ability is lower and when I rematch, they're back to their level.

This happens in every version of FM since 2015.

Currently with Barcelona. Using a possession tactics from FM17. That still works here and Barcelona has good players.

I'm ok with my tactics and adjustments. Nearly 100 points each season.

But each season I have 1-2 matches I cannot explain. It looks like I played with a great odds agains me. Can't shoot on target, miss 4-5 chances, 50 shoots no goals or just one. It ends up with a draw, a lost or a super hard win.

Frustrated, rematch (yes, I know it's cheating) with same line up, same formation, same talks. Won 4-0 at half time, 7-0 at full time.

Rematch again. 6-1, 5-0, 6-0, 7-0, 8-1. In the last 4 matches, I didn't even adjust a thing, just let them play.

I really don't know what happened at the first time. No, I'm not a possession adict, I know how to create space. It's just that they can't shoot.

It looks like in the first match, their shooting ability is lower and when I rematch, they're back to their level.

This happens in every version of FM since 2015.

Teams underperform in easy matches. That happens in real life, it happens in FM. Burnley should have beaten Lincoln at home in the FA Cup last season. Burnley underperformed, Lincoln stuck to their task. Just because it happens to you sometimes, doesn't mean it is wrong. Certainly doesnt mean the AI is cheating.

I think he is refering to the Kolyvanov of sensible soccer, were certain matches youre strikers and midfield cant shoot even if they get 20 ccc 1v1 with gk they ALWAYS shoot straight on him every time, and the next game its back to normal... same goes for defence in odd games they just get brainbleed and act like conference defenders xD i mean look at Workthespace on youtube he is makign a calendar video with Santa Claus in finnish top division and has santi cazorla on the team but he plays utter shait, worse than a finnish grey star player... I think the motivation thing in this game is to unreliable at times. maybe something for future fm's to think about.

Nice to see they still have players asking for improved deals after losing a game and playing ****. Anyone in real life doing that would get grown out the window if I was in charge

Teams underperform in easy matches. That happens in real life, it happens in FM. Burnley should have beaten Lincoln at home in the FA Cup last season. Burnley underperformed, Lincoln stuck to their task. Just because it happens to you sometimes, doesn't mean it is wrong. Certainly doesnt mean the AI is cheating.

The AI is keeping things tight for as long as they don't concede, then they may open up... happens visibly. Fm18 spoon feeds this completely now, as it displays exactly what roles and duties opponents are using. Therefore, scoring that 1-0 is typically crucial. How much that depends on purely luck is down to the input on the day. However it's meant to be part of the game that on occasion the opposition may hang on, and be it purely by luck. You can force this to, but it's rarely ever tried. Players are more often than not Kevin Keegan incarnate rather than Catenaccio delight.

If FM would ever replicate real life finishing streaks, and it really doesn't, it would be fun. Ronaldo is currently ona streak of 2 goals from 70 attempts in the league, Dortmund created the third most chances of the league at the time they were sitting 18th in the table in January 2015. Burnley started this season conceding less than five goals from 200! shots against, Crystal Palace in the first eight matches scored zero despite 100 shots. That's not isolated stuff, finishing streaks happen all over the place, it's not even isolated matches, these are over months in any league and would have FMers rage quitting all over. All these streaks happen because the keeper edges stuff every time usually.

I've never seen a match of FM with 20 1vs 1 in my life ever, when looking at matches causing the frustration it's the opposite, players are fooled by numbers and don't even check how many stuff they create purely from set pieces in jam packed boxes. However one one ones are the most overrated chance type in particular narrow ones. All the keeper has to do is to come off his line and the angle is already tons more difficult. Any tap in or assist from out wide where the keeper is actually taken half out of the picture is so infinitely better and more regularly converted, and that's for good reason from my end. On any given day, you may even see 2 direct free kicks and 3 corners converted into goals, however that's against all kinds of odds, in-game or otherwise. At the moment it's partly subjective,the game may hopefully one day introduce something like this.

I may add that half such matches, in particular those with loads of shots and no return, when enquired can be traced to some supposedly one-size-fits-all super tactic download here. ;) Last years as often made no football sense whatsoever and were absolutely horrible against certain defensive AI, with no space created whatsoever, super narrow with 8 outfield players squeezed into an area the size of a matchbox, thus up to 60 crapshots and not a goal to show for it at its most comical. Never had this in all these years, and that not due to being brilliant. funny stuff. :D

Last edited:
worst fm ever

this has to be the worst fm I have ever played. The gameplay is so unrealistic the shooting is absolutely pathetic players hardly ever hit the target (unless they actually aim for the corner flag) you have a job to score more than 1 goal in a match free kicks never hit the target and I mean never. makes me wonder if the people who created this game have ever watched a football match because I know one thing this game doesn't resemble what real life football is like

A serious gripe that I've had for years that has still not been rectified is when a player of mine is clean through on goal and gets taken out by the last defender. This scenario would clearly be a sending off for the defender, however, a penalty is given but no card for the player? Poor stuff.

Sort it out ffs.

This year it is quite difficult to look for players through the filters regardless of having the best scouts in the league and different nationalities.
:mad:

A serious gripe that I've had for years that has still not been rectified is when a player of mine is clean through on goal and gets taken out by the last defender. This scenario would clearly be a sending off for the defender, however, a penalty is given but no card for the player? Poor stuff.

Sort it out ffs.

Pretty sure, that rule has changed in real life. It was considered double punishment for a pen & a red, so its a booking... red card for last man out of the box though if clean through..

Injuries....... seriously lost my keeper for 5 months and I have arsenal in the quarter finals of the Europa and have the title a few wins away, So signed a back up and he got injured within 3 hours 3 ******* HOURS!!!!!! and I am obviously number 1 in injuries in the league it's a joke, even when I bring a youngster up he then gets injured

View attachment 74473

Leading 3-1 in the Europa league semi. Obviously play to not lose going all well 80th minute 0-0 they've not had any clear chances. Just open up messenger to tell my mate I'm in the final and a highlight pops up. Goal 83rd minute can anyone guess what happens next, yes a 90th minute goal to put me out on away goals. Teams just score when they want/need to. Happened in the fa cup aswell. Lost 3-2 own goal from a corner and a 90th minute winner. This game is a ******* joke.

The constant 'I want to join another team' messages from my top players. It's always Bayern, Barca or Real Madrid.

For context, I did the league and champion's league double in my first season as Liverpool putting us top of the global reputation list. We're top of the league and 1st in the champion's league group (after all 6 rounds - including beating Barca home and away).

Every time I just tell the player to wait for the kids coming through and we'll have a better squad than the other team, they immediately accept that and they're always happy afterwards.

The problem is not that my team underperformed. The problem is how my team does it. The match is ridiculous to watch because of poor quality of game-making. Let me explain a little bit:
- When my team has a tough match, I'd like to see something more realistic like my opponent plays good soccer, my team is over complacent, got a early red card, etc. I don't want to see my team still play beautifully and ridiculously miss nearly all the attempts.
- Celtic won 2-1 against Barcelona in 2012-2013 is one of the most shocking matches in real life at that time. Barcelona is in total domination with 72% possession. Guest what? The number of attempts is 24:5. In an FM match, a team can have like more than 50 shoots each matches (without shoot on sights).

@vanTiggelen: In most of the non-scoring streaks you mentions, there is not a lot of real chances. People in real life don't miss a lot of attempts in a really freak way like in FM.

And please spare me the tactics lesson. Like I said, I rematch with the same condition and won 7-0. Rematch again and still won 5-0, 6-0... The problem with the first match is just in shooting ability.

Now I have 2 videos on my phone of 2 pretty much identical chances one from me one from opposition. My player has better finishing and composure. Not that u should need it from 3 yards out. Guess who scores and who misses. They score to equalise and of course wait until the 90th minute to win. Only happened like this in the last 3 out of 4 cups I've gone out. I give up trying to win a trophy

In the Closura playoff in Liga MX... and my 3 star young star players, who are the best players in my side, get called up for the U-20 World Cup. So I get to try to win the next 5 matches without my top talent. Fun.

I've played fm since about 06/07. This is in about the last 5 years that they have genuinely ****** up the game. It's a joke. Instructions don't work, headers are pathetic. Actually considering giving this game up. Not realistic in the slightest

CONCEDING FROM CROSSES

lol no matter what tactic I use, what full backs im conceding all my goals from crosses. its unrealistic and really frustrating. has anyone else experienced this?

Bad form

This is ridicoulous but every time I reach december the bad form starts running all the way to the end of the season, does'nt matter which team, which tactic, always in the top of the leagues until december when the whole team just collapses and trying team meetings, rotating the squad, nothing seems to work for me.

Never had a problem with FM before and always achieved great results through the series.

Does anyone know what the **** I'm doing wrong when the bad run of form always comes in december, are the players getting fat from all the christmas food, it surely feels that way...

Are there any easy steps to turn it around...

I'm f**king tilted:mad: