Absolutely hate player interaction. Far worse than last year. Players get upset over the slightest things it's ridiculous. I wish there was a "Just STFU & Play!" response option.

Hmm my rig is somewhat similair with a i5 4770k and a R9 290, but I don't performance issues at all, do you run FM from an SSD?

Every_single_goal I concede is near post. I have one of the best keepers in the League Two, but still I keep conceding near post all the time

Maybe not something that makes me rage but needing to pick a team before loading the database when starting a new game is ridiculous.. Also not seeing the expected finish for the teams is something that bugs me.
BUT what is currently the most irritating thing that come to my mind is the views, always needing to change the size of each drop-down view after loading the game

Maybe not something that makes me rage but needing to pick a team before loading the database when starting a new game is ridiculous.. Also not seeing the expected finish for the teams is something that bugs me.
BUT what is currently the most irritating thing that come to my mind is the views, always needing to change the size of each drop-down view after loading the game

You don't have to. It's like everything else in the GUI, it is not a GUI but HEFV (Hide Everything From View): the first option to the very left is no club selected. Choose that and then you'll go to the usual steps from past versions.

Playing with Rangers and playing a 4312 Narrow formation. Obviously have my full backs set to attack and get forward to put crosses in. However 90% of the crosses are low towards the GK front post and he saves them and they go out for a corner. Annoying.com

Game is solid for now.

Only issue is with the interface. On standard 100% everything looks too small, so i zoom into 125%. However when i come back and reload FM from Steam, on 125%, there is light green over text like something isnt lining up.

I fix it by going back to 100% and then again back to 125%, but should have to do that. Should i report it to SI?

On a positive however, i'm getting used to the new scouting system. Took me a few days to realise where the player search option was and since then i have found it useful to use espeically the scout rating. Gives me a better idea if a player is worth buying. So liking that feature now i have the hang of it

It's so dumb when you tell your player "your passing was a joy to behold" and he comes back with "it seems we hold different standards" etc. my midfielder was MOTM, had 88% completion rate, and crucially, completed over 100 passes. 100! And yet, as always seems to be the case with FM, if you compliment a player's passing, especially midfielders, the game rejects it.

Just one of many things that linger in the game, year after year, never addressed.

2 games, all five of my strikers injured for 4 weeks +, including a 10 month ACL. Brilliant.

(Ignore the nicknames, all the names are similar in Belarus apparently haha!)

View attachment 77417

So my goalkeeper is injured for 14 days because he got hit... by a ball.

Mate, that's what you're paid for.

So my goalkeeper is injured for 14 days because he got hit... by a ball.

Mate, that's what you're paid for.

To be fair that injury has happened for real. I think after the injury caused by Arbeloa's kick, Casillas got a second injury in a finger because the ball hit it at the tip along the finger's axis. Maybe it was another keeper, but someone got that.

In PE at school, our team's keeper got his nose busted pretty bad saving a penalty with his face. We told him it was more traditional to do with with the gloves, but he said they wouldn't have fit over his head.

To be fair that injury has happened for real. I think after the injury caused by Arbeloa's kick, Casillas got a second injury in a finger because the ball hit it at the tip along the finger's axis. Maybe it was another keeper, but someone got that.

This was my GK's shoulder. Must have been a good hit.

When players want to be promised of winning trophies in a year or 2 and it's those players who decide to be complete twats in semi finals which cost me the game. No doubt he will be moaning if we fail to win anything

Monday morning rant is probably going to get long, so apologies in advance. Probably more explanation than rant. I know anyone who does LLM has probably run into much worse situations than this.

One of my last and favorite FM17 saves with Pumas in Mexico. I started watching and following the league, so figured I would try in FM and loved it. Pumas are a really big club, huge stadium, solid squad, great facilities, and good finances. Got some great newgens, including a rightback who started from day one and ended up going to Manchester United for 25m after 18 months. Played in the World Club Cup a couple of times and even won it once (suck it, Real Madrid). Had way more money than I bothered to spend. Had a solid Mexican core, some real nice young talent, and supplemented it with some solid players from Argentina that I got for bargain prices. Good times.

Didn't settle on a first save with FM18, so I figured I would check out Mexico again. On a whim, tried out Lobos BUAP. Another university club, but basically the worst side in the Liga MX. They got promoted last season and really don't have the quality, the facilities, or the money to be competitive. So expectations are they will get relegated. Three quarters of their first team are on loan from other Liga MX clubs (not an exaggeration) and many of those who are under contract to the club are well over 30. In reality, Lobos have finished mid-table for the Aperatura, while Pumas have finished bottom (relegation is based on average points over 3 seasons, so Pumas won't get relegated). Gave me hope.

The club started with a bit over a million in the bank, a transfer budget of 150K, and expectations of not to get too badly outclassed. Not even "avoid relegation". The transfer budget wasn't enough to bring anyone who could be an immediate upgrade (getting players from Europe is unlikely so its mostly looking at Mexico and South America) and anyone on a free that would be worthwhile simply wasn't interested in joining, even if I could afford them. I did sign veteran Colombian defender Oswaldo Mosquera, giving my center back pairing an average of like 35 years old. I tried to get Ze Roberto (yes, that one) who is still an excellent player despite being 42 years old but he wanted a big signing bonus and I couldn't afford it. I came up with a bit of a plan - try to scour Mexico and the US for some newgens right at the start and give them a bit of time through the season. Hopefully get a decent transfer budget for the second season, which can be used to reinforce the squad, again looking to South America for some solid vets. Much like reality, Argentina makes for a nice shopping in that regard. I use the "Add Players to Active Teams" trick, so there are always some first-day newgens to go after. Its become much harder and more expensive to sign them to contracts, but the United States remains prime hunting ground, because there are loads of youth academy style clubs where they are amateurs so they will still sign and its almost always compensation free. I found about 5 American player and 1 Canadian. But most didn't join immediately due to age (not 18 yet) and only 1 of them is close to being able to play right away. Also found a few Mexican youngsters at second division and below. While I couldn't sign them on compensation deals, I was able to negotiate relatively low fees for them.

So we do well through the season. Not only avoid the bottom but make the playoffs in both the Aperatura and Closura. The side over-performs to talent a bit. The star is that 18 year old American DM who I have playing as a Segundo Volante. He scores almost 20 goals total, despite being below the level of the squad as a whole to start with. My mediocre Mexican striker does well and he's been called up to the Mexico squad for the World Cup. I started out playing more conservatively than I usually do, since the squad lacks pace and technical quality. The squad honestly lacks a LOT. But we perform reasonably well and I slowly adjust to more my usually style. The big problem thru the season is losing money. We have tiny sponsorship deals, our individual TV deal is miniscule, and while our attendance is solid (over 10K per match), that's still lowest in the league and tickets are cheap so its not bringing in tons of money. We hit the negatives before Christmas and end the season about 2.5m in the red. The board injects some money near the end of the Closura - like 100K. That helped loads - thanks guys. My big hope was the expiring sponsorship deals in June - got some pretty huge ones with Pumas, and while Lobos are a much smaller club, the club's reputation went up notably through the season. Finally reach that point and....

...****....

After the new sponsorship deals and the league money, we are still 500K in the hole. I am thinking of trying to sell some players, but none have real significant value and I currently retain 0% of sales, so we are kind boned and didn't really progress as a club despite doing well in the first season...

I finished my FMing last night by starting up a save with Pumas. But this morning, continuing with Lobos somehow felt more appealing. I have decent prospects at a number of positions now, but few are ready for significant match time yet. Besides the American DM, I had an American DC that got a few matches and a 17 year old Mexican right winger who over-performed to skill level quite significant and is progressing massively because of that. I can't really count on too many other young players overplaying their skill level so most will be rotation and depth talent. Leaves me in need of a leftback, rightback, DM, MC, and GK. I spent some time this morning trolling through South American clubs, looking for transfer listed players. Lots of bargains - solid players for a couple hundred K. But too pricey. Found a serviceable Brazilian LB for 37K, but that will use up most of my budget. So going to be stuck looking for frees. The wage bill will be less because the youth player are generally on lesser deals than the veteran players that were on loan. Should be playing in the CONCACAF Champions League, which doesn't bring in significant money but its something. Some Mexican clubs also play in the Copa Libertadores which is more money and more interesting, but have a feeling it will be the CONCACAF for us.

/sorta rant

Injuries are so ridiculous this year. At one point I had 9 injuries in 3 games. And it seems to be starting again...

cf9848b6cda68369be3cc061a12ea245.png

Didn't let in a goal for 176 minutes in the Europa League qualifier. Let in two goals in four mins to send me out of the cup. Luckly my screen didn't break when I punched it!

Please tell me someone else is having trouble with delivering crosses? 90% of mines are saved by the goalkeeper at the front post!

Glad to see they've still got random injuries like I just had a bruised ankle injured after sprinting how do u bruise ur ankle sprinting??