When is the next update coming out??? Offsides are driving me mad. I am literally shouting at the screen telling my player to play the ball, but they always wait until the player has run into an offside position. I've tried playing a quicker tempo but it makes no difference.

Another annoying thing is having look for overlap on, but the player decides to play it to the IF who is tightly marked instead of the FB in loads of space on the wing. Sometimes it looks like the ball is being played to the FB but the IF comes back to get it.

Injuries/Sending Off's After 75 Minutes

I like to use all 3 subs just before the 75 minute mark, but the game wont allow me to do this because if I do I'm almost guaranteed to have a player seriously injured/sent off moments later and I end up finishing the game with 10 men, often leading my team to concede. Give it a try and be ready to rage

I like to use all 3 subs just before the 75 minute mark, but the game wont allow me to do this because if I do I'm almost guaranteed to have a player seriously injured/sent off moments later and I end up finishing the game with 10 men, often leading my team to concede. Give it a try and be ready to rage
I do this every match. The game "allows" me to do this and 99% of the time there's not an issue at all.

Last edited:
STRIKERS CANT SCORE
WINGERS CANT CROSS
DEFENDERS CANT PASS TO A TEAMMATE
I FEEL LIKE LAUNCHING THE LAPTOP OUT OF THE WINDOW EVERY TIME IM PLAYING

I feel your pain mate...so to save having to buy a new laptop I've turned to kit designing to pacify my frustration for FM.XD

Currently in my second season with Gateshead...take a look at this s**t show!:S

View attachment 65150

Think I just had the best miss of FM18 for me so far.... Nice attacking sequence, my left winger clips a long thru ball that my slow-*** striker gets onto and just at the byline, cuts it back across the goal. The keeper is about 2/3 of the way toward the near post. My right winger comes in to the far post. He's about even with the post, so he has about 2/3 of the goal open in front of him from 2 yards out. His shot is back directly into the keeper. FML.

...and the s**t show continues.

So my team are 2-0 up at Home against fellow strugglers Leiston with 11 mins left to play...so instruct team to play containing football whilst 'shout' was to concentrate.

This was the final score...

View attachment 65035

** "oh for f**ks sake" "bulls**t!" and "boll**s...I'm never playing this sodding game again!" were just a few obscenities mentioned after that game **

Ongoing save...

Boston United:

Ashley Hemmings chased by a whole load of league clubs at the end of 17/18, agent playing hard ball. No way in **** am I going to be able to get the guy to sign a new contract but when he inevitably leaves, I get the blame.

Go from Boston United to Airdrie, middle of 18/19 first question from journos say that Boston United think I've been disloyal, I had been being chased by English league clubs and some reasonably big Scottish guns all season! You don't turn those sort of clubs down.

Get told by Airdrie chairman to just get/keep the team out of relegation trouble but the players consider me unambitious for passing that on.

Before the end of 18/19 I put Airdrie on their greatest unbeaten league run since the club's reincarnation...we're in a higher league position than the club has been all season...and yet 39% of fans think I should get the sack.

Media claim I'm under pressure/about to get the sack from Airdrie, board confidence meter says otherwise.

Media ask my why I'm not playing Willis Furtado in a tunnel interview, possibly because George Paterson has been my regular starter in that position.

19/20...sell Paterson to top flight side Motherwell. Furtado becomes my starting left mid...and then immediately says he wants to leave.

This is the worst fm in ages. Every time I turn it on its being turned off again after 3 games at most. Dreadfull it really is

It happens every f..... time I play this game. On regular bases, alwys. So frustating! Any ideas?

View attachment 1136993

I had a similar error, i managed to fix this by going to preferences and interface, clear the cache and check/tick the reload skin option, consider lowering graphics detail also look at amount of leagues your running anything under 2 - 2 1/2 stars when stting countries and leagues can cause problems.

also be wary of other programs running in the background, as not all the memory issues have to be from FM.

I have upgraded my laptop since then but worked for me at the time.

what what i gather this is a memory dump issue the above options should work to reduce memory usage and improve the overall speed of game.

The other issue when going from Boston United to Airdrie. Airdrie initially offer me a contract of £400 per week which was less than what Boston United were paying me(£425 per week). I haggle up to £450 per week. Deal done.

I then later check my personal profile and then find I'm still on only £400 per week! Gah!

The one and only: ''He really should have scored'' or ''How did he miss that'' :'(

or whatever it actually is

The one and only: ''He really should have scored'' or ''How did he miss that'' :'(

or whatever it actually is

Art, er, video game imitating life. :D

If you ask me, it has no place in a manager game. As if Arsene would value drama queen TV pundits and newspaper match reports to assess how his forward performed. The game's feedback needs be much smarter. XD

Last edited:
I seem to concede a clear cut chance every attack where my opposition crosses the ball - why?! its infuriating, tried to man mark wingers, close them down, hit them hard, show onto weaker foot, nothing seems to change this, then the striker(s) can be left/closed down/marked tightly etc and they still get to the ball first EVERY time... happens whether my team are a deep line or high light, attack minded or counter what am i missing?

This is the worst fm in ages. Every time I turn it on its being turned off again after 3 games at most. Dreadfull it really is
It does work perfectly for me, I can play 6-7 hours straight mate...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

So done with this game. All I want is a tactic that allows my squad to play consistently at about the level you'd expect. I don't want to play a game-breaking three-striker tactic and go Vanarama North to Champions League in 6 seasons, I want to slowly build up a squad and progress though the divisions.

But this game is feast or famine. I take over a team predicted to finish 4th, build a normal, no-frills tactic with no cheating. Until February I'm running away with the division, 13 point clear, only two losses all year--it feels a bit too easy. From February, I can't buy a win. Strikers can't score basic chances, multiple sendings off, morale collapses. Defeat after defeat.

Maybe I can drag the team over the line and get automatic promotion or play offs, but it's not realistic and it's certainly not fun.

What’s going on with players ignoring the ball? Usually when defending a corner, the ball is cleared and the player told to stay forward ignores the ball to get back into their position. I conceded a goal in one game because of this bug.

I seem to concede a clear cut chance every attack where my opposition crosses the ball - why?! its infuriating, tried to man mark wingers, close them down, hit them hard, show onto weaker foot, nothing seems to change this, then the striker(s) can be left/closed down/marked tightly etc and they still get to the ball first EVERY time... happens whether my team are a deep line or high light, attack minded or counter what am i missing?

I think that would be more a question for the tactics thread, such a generic question would be impossible to answer, can you post screenshot of tactic and team instructions?

I give up .. FM 2018 will go down in history for me as the fm where i lost my addiction. After patch 18.2 nothing works for me.. had amazing games with ajax and newcastle but after that patch.. i just dont get it anymore. i will still by fm 2019 but fm 2018 i give it up. just does not have the patience anymore for it anymore.

My players seem to forget how to score in finals. Scored in all bit 4 league games yet had the fa cup and community shield where we failed to score in both. Bottle jobs at there finest

OK...it's December 2020. Am Airdrie manager, we are the team to beat in Scottish L1...and south of the border, the Brentford job becomes available! Brentford are one of my character's favoured clubs, is a jump from the top of Scottish L1 to the lower end of the English Championship doable? Let's see.

Well Brentford give me an interview, and they question my limited managierial experience in England(one and a half seasons with Boston United prior to Airdrie!). They then give the job...to just-retired one-time England international Matty Jarvis! Who has no managierial experience whatsoever! Brentford fans not impressed and neither am I!