FM19 Tactics by TFF

What do you think what's better if you are almost always in a underdog position (newly promoted team) as TFF's Hot Tub tested that "Conqueror (V5)" is stronger for underdogs than "Gladiator": https://brokensjnf8ewhce8.com/index.php?action=table2&tbltype=sum

Hi,

As I said in the post above it doesn't matter whether your status is "underdog” or "favorite", in both cases I suggest starting matches with "Gladiator" because it's a more "balanced" tactic than Conqueror and if you are unhappy about how the match goes, let's say you start losing then you always can switch for "Conqueror" in order to become more attacking and put more pressure on the opposition.

Last edited:
Hi,

As I said in the post above it doesn't matter whether your status is "underdog” or "favorite", in both cases I suggest starting matches with "Gladiator" because it's a more "balanced" tactic than Conqueror and if you are unhappy about how the match goes, let's say you start losing then you always can switch for "Conqueror" in order to become more attacking and put more pressure on the opposition.

Cool, thanks! Maybe nice to put in the OP, so people are aware of the fact that you recommend them to start with "Gladiator" and if needed "Conqueror" :)

Cool, thanks! Maybe nice to put in the OP, so people are aware of the fact that you recommend them to start with "Gladiator" and if needed "Conqueror" :)

I'd say It's already there in some way...

All tactics at the OP are split between 3 sections: Attacking tactics, Balanced tactics and Defensive tactics; Gladiator is in Balanced section and Conqueror was in Attacking section.

I think such separation should give a good indication what to expect from each tactic.

I don't know maybe someone would prefer to start some match with Conqueror due some reasons and he might be right, for example, you lost the 1st leg playoff by 2 goals or more so it makes sense to start the 2nd leg with Conqueror instead Gladiator.

Or let's say your are Barcelona and play vs the weakest team in the league at home... so in this case it also makes sense to start with Conqueror instead Gladiator

Last edited:
Do you not recommend using REAVER V2? With the abundance of midfielders in my squad that formation would fit me best.
Is the difference between Reaver and the other tactics you left in the OP that big? Or i'd still probably dominate if my squad is strong enough?

Do you not recommend using REAVER V2? With the abundance of midfielders in my squad that formation would fit me best.
Is the difference between Reaver and the other tactics you left in the OP that big? Or i'd still probably dominate if my squad is strong enough?

Hi

I had the same dilemma in my team :) and solved it by selling the excessive midfielders and buying such needed wingers/strikers ;)

Hi

I had the same dilemma in my team :) and solved it by selling the excessive midfielders and buying such needed wingers/strikers ;)

Did you try the Reaver first though?
Assuming you did and it wasn't nearly as good
That's what i'll end up doing i guess it's just a pain letting all those midfielders go

I'd say It's already there in some way...

All tactics at the OP are split between 3 sections: Attacking tactics, Balanced tactics and Defensive tactics; Gladiator is in Balanced section and Conqueror was in Attacking section.

I think such separation should give a good indication what to expect from each tactic.

I don't know maybe someone would prefer to start some match with Conqueror due some reasons and he might be right, for example, you lost the 1st leg playoff by 2 goals or more so it makes sense to start the 2nd leg with Conqueror instead Gladiator.

Or let's say your are Barcelona and play vs the weakest team in the league at home... so in this case it also makes sense to start with Conqueror instead Gladiator

In that case it makes sense!

Thanks for the tactics. Using Conqueror and is working well so far.
The attacking throw-ins feel a bit “cheaty”, leaves an incredible amount of space for my players to score.
Not complaining of course but does feel very unnatural!

BERSERK TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V8

CHANGES:

- moved MCR position to DM positon and tweaked the role/duty/PIs
- adjusted the set pieces

19-3-Berserk-V8.png

Hi TFF,

Which tactic scores more? Berserk or Gladiator?

I can try it but I have a lot of good regen strikers. So if you can have 3 striker that would be better for my current squad.

TFF I’ve seen your advice regarding starting with a balanced tactic would you still do this if you were managing in Scotland ??

Back