FM19 Tactics by TFF

Hi all

I've just got back into FM after a few years away! Am using the Conqueror V7 with Arsenal (enables me to utilise Aubamayang and Lacazette) and have a few questions regarding the tactic below:

1 - Why is the recommended individual training focus for MCL / MCR – set to 'Deep Lying Playmaker (Defend)' as opposed to 'Box to Box Midfielder'? The latter appears to focus on more attributes, and their role is B2B on V7 so it doesn’t make sense to me.

2 - There are quite a lot of specific PI’s set within each position – and every player excluding GK is set to ‘Dribble More’. If I don’t have players that fit the bill e.g. I’d rather not have Mavraponos or Xhaka dribbling more for obvious reasons, will that have a negative impact on the overall tactic? Have others tweaked or personalised the PI’s within each position to better fit the traits of their current players and have they seen any adverse effects on the overall tactic and team performance?

3 - I really want to use this as my sole tactic as opposed to switching to Gladiator for harder games. I’ve been altering the mentality from Attacking>Balance where I think I need to be a bit more cautious. Any thoughts on this? Have people been using Conqueror V7 as sole tactic with success.

4 - I’ve decided to leave my various assistants in charge of the general training, but I’ve taken over individual training for all levels, so I could ensure the individual focus areas were set and stuck to as per TFF guidance. It’s been a bit of trial and error so far, with some players becoming unhappy and a few training ground injuries. Does anyone have any recommendations for the rest/intensity bands? I currently have set as below. I changed the 70-79% to half intensity because my Head of Sports Science/Medical Centre kept recommending following games. I have everyone on automatic so they follow below training guidelines depending on their condition.

attachment.php

5 - I prefer leaving my assistants to all training - and I would do if they didn't keep changing the focus role. E.g. from Complete Froward > Advanced Forward, or Inverted Wing Back Support > Full Back Support. Just wish you could set focus role in stone and they looked after the rest. Has anyone left the individual training in their assistants hands with ConquerorV7 and how did you get on? Am more concerned with player development and whether the assistant grasps the idea down the line.

Thanks in advance

Hi all

1 - Why is the recommended individual training focus for MCL / MCR – set to 'Deep Lying Playmaker (Defend)' as opposed to 'Box to Box Midfielder'? The latter appears to focus on more attributes, and their role is B2B on V7 so it doesn’t make sense to me.

Hi,

This question has been answered many times so try to search for the answers

3 - I really want to use this as my sole tactic as opposed to switching to Gladiator for harder games. I’ve been altering the mentality from Attacking>Balance where I think I need to be a bit more cautious. Any thoughts on this? Have people been using Conqueror V7 as sole tactic with success.

If you want using only 1 tactic then you'd better stick with Gladiator

Hi,

This question has been answered many times so try to search for the answers

If you want using only 1 tactic then you'd better stick with Gladiator

Thanks man! I will give it a go - perhaps on another save so I can compares results. Do you mind me asking how you deal with the individual training focus - are you sticking to TFF guidelines or something else?

I havent been on here for a while but was wondering if TFF ever shared his new set pieces that were meant to be amazing in the end?

I already bought it, doesn't it come as 19.1.1 or?

Which tactics is the best now that I own the game? :)

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Gladiator + Conqueror is the best combo

Read the OP for more tips from TFF how to use them

Gladiator + Conqueror is the best combo

Read the OP for more tips from TFF how to use them
Thank you.

Is it true that after 3 seasons it gets found out by the AI? If so what then use another tactics or?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

The truth is when you keep playing with the same tactic all the time, you results will worsen in time.

goalie131pl is correct. You can't keep bashing on with the same tactic. Your first and second seasons on FM will be by far and away your most OP. After that the AI plays defensively in almost every match hence you have to find another way to beat the bus which often means reducing your high intensity pressing and LoE which in turn results in both goals being conceded and scored. After 3 or so seasons in a top division I move away from Gladiator as you have to go much risker but if you can't be arsed with all the tinkering then just change mentality throughout the game. start with cautious and move up and down the gears according to game stats.

Finished season 2 with Sheffield United. Finished 3rd in the Premier League using Gladiator/Conqueror set.
attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 5984

three versions, two version of gladiator and one version of conquerror:
1 tactic with attacking mentality every home match vs teams 10-18
2 positive tactic home 1-9, away 10-18
3 cautious tactic away 1-9

Very good White Europe, I applied the cautious and positive style of play to shield wall v10 and it works .Do you agree ?

View attachment 1210518

three versions, two version of gladiator and one version of conquerror:
1 tactic with attacking mentality every home match vs teams 10-18
2 positive tactic home 1-9, away 10-18
3 cautious tactic away 1-9
What does 10-18 mean? Odds or place of the current team on the table?

Do I set OI'S ? Training all to Assistant? and is it better than KNAPS 120p tactics ? How do set positive? Cautious etc ?

Back