FM19 Tactics by TFF

On that note

Has anyone found a consistent way to break down stubborn teams post the 1st season when everyone parks the bus?

I've found much more success with my own tweaks than the original attacking mentality with much higher LoE/DL but nothing consistent, just loads of in-game tweaks...

Nice work! Now your into the dreaded 2nd half of the season were the opposition will somehow place a brick wall on the goal line with a randomly placed football sized hole somewhere in it. I think the hole gets even smaller post the 1st season..

Good luck!
The best tactic was Two Sweets worked for many seasons

i was playing with conquerror tactic a little, as usual i wanted to have one tac for home games and one for away, so home tac is just conquerror v7 with one small change: left striker is PF(s), for away tactic(the strongest away tactic i have used this year) is conquerror v7 with: left striker dropped to CM position as BWM.

valencia test: won everything no transers, first season
View attachment 1209246View attachment 1209247View attachment 1209248View attachment 1209249View attachment 1209250

and cardiff test: 2nd place!(best result this year in my testing)
View attachment 1209251View attachment 1209252View attachment 1209253

its only small changes so hard to even call it a tweak all credit goes to TFF

i attach it for all lazy wanks even if its just two small changes;)

The 451 is very cool !!
Very nice to have an alternative to the loads of 442 this year

Players comparison

Hi TFF,

Let's say that once i plug the filters i got a player A with 110 CA, then after reducing the attributes by 5 i got a player B with 170 CA.

Can you advise which player is better for the tactic player A or player B ?

Thank you,

Using Gladiator and Conqueror set with Sheffield United. Won the Championship first season with 115 points only losing two league matches. Seem to struggle a little bit with fierce rivals but that probably has more to do with pep talks and match prep than anything else. Going into season two in the Premiership with Joe Hart as my GK.

just finished my 2nd season as wolves manager, I started the 1st season using Traditional 442 but it wasn't quite working for my so came back to Gladiator, got over 100 screenshots but wont load them all lol came 3rd in 1st season then won league in 2nd, got to Carabao cup final twice but lost both finals, won FA cup 1st season then lost in semi's the next, won champs league at 1st attempt beating Man City(holders) in final, had major transformation in squad, below is a few screenshots of my current progress/success, as you can see this tactic gives away a lot of fouls and receives a lot of yellow cards, haven't found a way to reduce this yet.....

2 very bad and rare spankings from Liverpool, thankfully none of them affected the outcome

i was playing with conquerror tactic a little, as usual i wanted to have one tac for home games and one for away, so home tac is just conquerror v7 with one small change: left striker is PF(s), for away tactic(the strongest away tactic i have used this year) is conquerror v7 with: left striker dropped to CM position as BWM.

valencia test: won everything no transers, first season
View attachment 1209246View attachment 1209247View attachment 1209248View attachment 1209249View attachment 1209250

and cardiff test: 2nd place!(best result this year in my testing)
View attachment 1209251View attachment 1209252View attachment 1209253

its only small changes so hard to even call it a tweak all credit goes to TFF

i attach it for all lazy wanks even if its just two small changes;)

did you play all games with IR? did you set up any kind of match plan? ;)

Hey folks,

i read that this tactic won't work anymore after 1-2 seasons. Is this true for FM 2019?
Or do do you still have success 3 seasons in with the new update?

cheers and thanks!

Anyone to have and send me the 19.1.1 versions? Tnx

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Hey folks,

i read that this tactic won't work anymore after 1-2 seasons. Is this true for FM 2019?
Or do do you still have success 3 seasons in with the new update?

cheers and thanks!

It does work but it's just not as effective as every opposition parks the bus hence you have to tweak a lot during the 90 mins such a reducing pressing mentality, LoE and DL in order to find the back of the net however you'll have to ensure you switch back to high pressing in-game once the opposition comes at you again. I always stare at their formation during the 90 mins as you'll notice slight movements in their players. I've worked out that when their attacking players move further forward slightly (this could be from support to attack duty as opposed to moving positions) and their defensive players further back, this usually means they've gone to cautious or defence. When they shift defensive players further forward and attacking back then this usually means they've switched to positive or attacking so I find myself changing mentality multiple times during the match. I always change mentality on 40th min and 80th then change formation around 88/89th. The *** man offers his thoughts way too late so just ignore that *****.

Basically the game becomes less enjoyable after 2nd season. That's why I disregard all these screen grabs in 2018/19/20 as these are the easy years, winning EPL and ECL with relegation fodder - not a problem, keeping a clean sheet at home to 20th in the league in the 3rd season is the real challenge!

Hi TFF,

Let's say that once i plug the filters i got a player A with 110 CA, then after reducing the attributes by 5 i got a player B with 170 CA.

Can you advise which player is better for the tactic player A or player B ?

Thank you,

Can I have an answer to my question, please ?

Hi, is it normal that the individual training on first page are different from the roles of the various players on the tactic screen?
Thanks

I’m building a quite strong team with Glasgow Rangers would you use conquerer more ??

Hi, is it normal that the individual training on first page are different from the roles of the various players on the tactic screen?
Thanks

Yes it's normal, the individual training is focused on the stats trained, and not a certain role :)

I’m building a quite strong team with Glasgow Rangers would you use conquerer more ??

Conquerer or Gladiatior is great for Rangers, depending how far you are in. Jack / Rossiter are great in the DMC and Middleton/Kent just smash it from the left wing for me.

Back