Football Manager 2010 Patch 1 (v10.1.0)

• Thread starter Thread starter Kris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 113
  • Views Views 106K
Where do I put the patch if I've installed via Steam?

Please help, newbie to all this. I downloaded the patch to my desktop & windows states it's an unknown file, is this because I am using Windows 7? Only offers me web option to find application to run it, but doesn't find one, naturally (unknown file, of course!?). What do I use to run it? Do I copy it into one of the game folders?
I did not install game via Steam, got the disc this morning, with notebook (v. cool touch). Started playing already before I knew about the patch, without any probs/issues. Therefore do I even need to use the patch? Really like all the improvements & the new 3d is da lick!
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

You should not get that error Prof. It's a standard exe file that should run no problem. Make sure it downloaded correctly.

Make sure you are downloading the PC version and not the MAC version also.

I downloaded the game yesterday, via the disk (not steam) and played it for 6 hours. When I switched on the laptop today the game won't load up.

I installed the game without steam, then dld the patch. this worked for me, I've just installed the patch and started a new game

If your computer isn't recognising the file, try renaming it by adding ".exe" to the end of the file.
Simply run the file - it should automatically pick up the installation of Football Manager.

Hope this helps.

You should not get that error Prof. It's a standard exe file that should run no problem. Make sure it downloaded correctly.

Thanks for all of your replies. Def was PC version which initially wouldn't d/l as an .exe for some reason.... d/l from a different mirror, got the .exe...... then when i try to open the .exe I get the following error message "FM2010_v10.1.0_PC.patch.exe is not a valid Win32 application'....
wtf? I just wanna play my game!!
Is this an issue with Windows 7? Do I even need this patch if my game is playing ok?

Thanks again for all your replies, really appreciated

Hi Prof H

I have had the same problems but if you have win rar i right moused click on the file and if you click on the add FM2010 it will put it in a win rar book file just double click on win rar book file you will see the file, click on the file again to open it the file is there in it's proper format and it will update 817 files for you.
Don't worry when you look at the default fil it will say version 10 but when you start a new game it will be 10.1

hope this helps

Hi Prof H

I have had the same problems but if you have win rar i right moused click on the file and if you click on the add FM2010 it will put it in a win rar book file just double click on win rar book file you will see the file, click on the file again to open it the file is there in it's proper format and it will update 817 files for you.
Don't worry when you look at the default fil it will say version 10 but when you start a new game it will be 10.1

hope this helps

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try.

Does anyone know if I actually need this, even if the game is playing ok?
Appreciate all the help I'm getting. Nuff respect

Im trying to get it to work on mac...Ive downloaded it..installed it into fm folder but still version 10.0.0....any idea's? Do i need to install it in a more specific folder?:@

Ok it did work...its just when u click new game it will still say version - 10.0.0...but when u actually click continue to choose ur team etc it says 10.1.0..happy days! just remember to continue and then u will see it..:D

Last edited:
Hi Prof H

hope this helps

Well, unfortunately that didn't work either... once in a .rar file, as soon as I try to run it, I get the Winrar Diagnostics error "! Cannot execute "E:\Users\H&W\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EX00.981\FM2010_v10.1.0_PC_Patch.exe"... thanks for your suggestions anyway, still all very much appreciated.
So I give up for now, gonna carry on playing, until hopefully I or someone finds a solution (still wondering if its a Windows 7 issue?)
(H)

Prof H the same thing happened to me download the update form here and i will work ... http://www.4players.de/4players.php...d/53423/Football_Manager_2010/Patch_1010.html

Thanks, I'll give it a try, altho' I have already got the .exe, just won't work on my pc for reasons unknown &/or not understood.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Prof H the same thing happened to me download the update form here and i will work ... http://www.4players.de/4players.php...d/53423/Football_Manager_2010/Patch_1010.html

You are the man!! :) Doesn't make sense cos it appears to be exactly the same file? Thanks a bundle, only a couple of games in, so don't mind having to restart....

Right that's my leisure time sorted for the next few months (6)

Edit : Fixed the problem but now it seems that the game is stating that I have no CD inserted. I have been aware that this is a problem for those who installed via steam but I installed this in offline mode, so I have no idea what's wrong.

Last edited:
I installed the game without steam, then dld the patch. this worked for me, I've just installed the patch and started a new game

If your computer isn't recognising the file, try renaming it by adding ".exe" to the end of the file.
Simply run the file - it should automatically pick up the installation of Football Manager.

Hope this helps.

Out of all of the posts.... this is what everyone who is having difficulty needs to do. it then does all the hardwork for u. NICE ONE GAZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

download from the link that sean gave, and rename the patch to .exe, then run it.

Back