miikeyjones

Reaction score
Im just wondering, how many people plan on doing a story/blog of their football manager career(s) once the real version is released on November 5th

I love to read them, especially the ones where the managers start in the lower leagues and work their way up

Im considering starting one when i finally decide to go out and buy the game, but I'd appreciate hints, tips and advice on how to go about making one. I get the jist of it but more information would be gladly appreciated

People can either post on this topic or private message me, either is fine as im online 5 days out of 7

<) Thanks in advance, miikeyjones//x <)

I intend to do a lower league story with RW Essen - hopefully it will turn out good. :)

AFAIK there won't be a stories forum like there has been in the past - apparently a new blog system is being implemented for FM11 release. Don't quote me on that though. :D

I don't know if I will start my story straight away upon release. I think I will play as a bigger team first, perhaps wait for the first patch if there are lots of crash dumps, bugs ect.

May start one as Salamanca, not sure how the blog system will work.

There is an example here on the vBulletin website - the makers of the forum software used here.

will possibly do one as Millwall, Rangers, Charlton or Gillingham but want to hear about this new system thing 1st

I have my Journeyman Story which I have started planning already. I shall give you a kick snip-it:

Wednesday, September 1st 2010
David Charnock – The Road to Success

Five months after the tragic accident inflicted on David Charnock on the field of play, Mr. Charnock is back within the football world, currently acting as a coach at his local U15 football team, Wealden Colts. The spring in the step and the dynamic cutting edge from David Charnock’s play has gone, but his first touch, if anything, has improved slightly. We start this story during a mid-week training session at Framfrield Rec. for the U15 team.

As per usual, the U15s were being a pain in the ****. Complaining at all the fitness drills and snubbing all useful tactic information stuffed into their insignificant brains through those rarely used holes in the sides of their heads known as ears. Stan Perry, the Wealden Colts Centre-Forward, is the cockiest of the squad. A ******* good striker, no matter where on the pitch he is positioned, or on which orientation he is facing, he will hit the target and you know he will hit the target with power. Tonight’s training session had pushed David over the edge. Currently jobless, David’s only commitment was the football club and as the players were treating him like ****, the only thing that crossed his mind was to leave the club…

♠♣♥♦

written by,
David Charnock

Good intro!

Currently jobless, David’s only commitment was the football club and as the players were treating him like ****, the only thing that crossed his mind was to leave the club…

Leave the club because of some 15 year olds? Put your foot down man! They need to respect your authority! ;)

Maybe you need to think of a better reason for leaving - seems a bit strage to me. Perhaps a job offer at a bigger club as a coach? I don't know... :D

Lol i like making stories but i can never make them like that kind where its focused on like a diary thing and like before they get the job :(

Lol i like making stories but i can never make them like that kind where its focused on like a diary thing and like before they get the job :(

There are some great story making guides in the FM10 stories, take a look, you may get some great inspiration.

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Ah. Good point ;)

What happens next then? :p

You'll have to wait and see.

i have started a sort of story already nothing special please have a look the link is in my signature

Would we be allowed to use the Blog system for Non-FM reasons ? I was thinking of doing a Blog on the Rovers season !

I'll see what the blog system's actually like first, and also whether I actually buy the game or not, and then decide if I'll use it.